spoiler Where to take Diamond Tiara's character from here

Buck Testa

A little over a year ago, I made a topic detailing my head canon answer for how they could make Diamond Tiara likable. 

https://mlpforums.com/topic/110975-diamond-tiara-headcanon/?hl=buck%20testa

In it I had assumed that her mother was either dead or divorced, and I had attributed her actions up to this point as stemming from her not really understanding what she was going to do with her cutie mark or talent and trying to live up to her fathers name. I also figured she would be jealous of the crusaders who were perfectly fine as they were, going on their little adventures. 

Now that the fateful episode of her character development aired, we see that her mother was the one instigating her actions, and that she was indeed acting from a position where she didn't understand how to use her talent and where she fit  in the world, and she even admits that she was jealous of all the opportunity the crusaders have with exploring and what not. 

So its finally happened, after a good long while, DT has finally had character development. Now where can she go from here? How is she going to deal with this mother of hers. Why hasn't Filthy Rich divorced that mare yet? He's not a bad guy from what we've seen after all. Is she going to be hanging out with the crusaders now? Is she going to have to get over her old bully tendencies or is she going to go full Sunset Shimmer and have a complete 180 turn? How is her relationship with Silverspoon going to be with now, they didn't exactly make up by the end, so that's still up in the air. 

Your thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

You know that kind of filly that does nothing but bad things but then sees the light, well that filly is me. I kept bullying three fillies but then they helped me and showed their friendship, that's when I realised I had to change. So I made a list of everything bad I've ever done and one by one I'm trying to make up for all my mistakes, I'm just trying to be a better person

My name is Diamond.

• Brohoof 4

You know that kind of filly that does nothing but bad things but then sees the light, well that filly is me. I kept bullying three fillies but then they helped me and showed their friendship, that's when I realised I had to change. So I made a list of everything bad I've ever done and one by one I'm trying to make up for all my mistakes, I'm just trying to be a better person

My name is Diamond.

Holy mother of Celestia, Someone needs to do this fanfic crossover immediately, that's brilliant. 

• Brohoof 3

Why hasn't Filthy Rich divorced that mare yet? He's not a bad guy from what we've seen after all.

We only get to see him this episode but he doesn't look all that positive. He's probably part of the problem too. He was okay in the past but that might not relate to his overall personality? His home life might be different.

Is she going to be hanging out with the crusaders now?

I don't think so but I think Tiara and the Crusaders will be on much better terms from this point on.

Maybe we will see her help the crusaders on their crusading for cutie marks. I could see how diamond's special talent could help them in their future crusading.

Did you watch the whole episode?  The CMC receive their cutie marks at the end.

• Brohoof 1

Did you watch the whole episode?  The CMC receive their cutie marks at the end.

Yea, their still crusading for marks, just other ponies marks. Thats what I meant. Even if the other ponies do have their marks their still crusading for cutie marks, just other ponies not theirs.

Yea, their still crusading for marks, just other ponies marks. Thats what I meant. Even if the other ponies do have their marks their still crusading for cutie marks, just other ponies not theirs.

DT and/or SS could still help them "crusade" for others.

Okay, I see what you meant.  My apologies.

I dunno. But as for what Filthy Rich sees in Spoiled Rich, well, let's put it this way, what did Muriel see in Eustace?

Haha I wondered that myself, and yeah now that Diamond is nice, I for one like her as a character, granted I feel bad and sympathize with her, her mother caused her to act like that, I knew girls growing up who were influenced by their parents to act all high and mighty and treat others like dirt.

Edited by MLPFanatic34

I was very happy to see this change! Diamond Tiara was the only character in the show I didn't like, and now I have reason to like her again. It's kind of a shame what kind of turns had to be taken in order for her to "wake up", mostly referring to Silver Spoon, but I think it was worth it in the end. I can see in future episodes Diamond Tiara desperately trying to get Silver Spoon's friendship back, but Silver Spoon refusing to believe that she's changed. I'm excited to see how things change for her from here on out!

Last I heard MLP:FIM is going till 2019, so I don't know where you are getting this one season left thing. 

I'm starting to feel like a broken record here. The G4 BRAND ends at 2019. The show will most likely end before then. The people who work on the show have a history of ending their shows on their own terms. And considering all the story arcs being wrapped up as of late, as well as various staff members leaving, it's safe to say that they're ending FiM with the movie. That would leave 2018 for Hasbro to liquidate the G4 brand.

The show's lasted over 100 episodes, and we're getting a movie for god's sake. And you still want more? There's only so many stories that can be told with the same characters and setting.

Edited by SpaceOnion

They can do a Sunset Shimmer move with her and have her make amends with those she has wronged over the years, which we can assume is quite a lot. Silver Spoon is one of those, and not to mention all of her classmates, it would be cool to see her in some social situations that she needs to learn from.