Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Star Wars: Battlefront vs. Black Ops 3

SL9pones

Both games are releasing pretty soon, along with H5: Guardians and Fallout 4, but these are way more hyped for than those.

My question is what are you most hyped for? The newest clone in the CoD army? Or the newest cash-in from EA?

Personally, I'm more excited for Battlefront 3 than I am for Black Ops 3, mainly since I prefer larger scale battles within a sci-fi universe over small scale skirmishes in a slightly sci-fi universe.

• Brohoof 1

Black Ops 3. Star Wars Battlefront has already proven to me that it is going to flop and be garbage. It's literally just Battlefield 3 with a skin on it, filled with bugs. The playtesters working under EA apparently even said the game was no where near a state where it will be ready to be shipped next month. Many fans who played the beta are disappointed with the quality.

Battlefront was truly a punch in the gut. Not shocking, indeed, but yet a dissapointment worth of being emphasized; its bugs, lack of ideas and overall outraging similarities with Battlefield (BUT WITH LAZORZ!!!), exclussion of battles in space and more has brought a game that could've done a lot for gamers to its knees, and hopefully a swift death in the market. That's EA for you, guys.

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 1

Can I answer Overwatch instead?

None of the games interest me particularly, as I have played both battlefield and CoD before.

What's Overwatch? I haven't heard of it before O_o

Battlefront was truly a punch in the gut. Not shocking, indeed, but yet a dissapointment worth of being emphasized; its bugs, lack of ideas and overall outraging similarities with Battlefield (BUT WITH LAZORZ!!!), exclussion of battles in space and more has brought a game that could've done a lot for gamers to its knees, and hopefully a swift death in the market. That's EA for you, guys.

So CoD then? Yeah yeah? Lolz

So CoD then? Yeah yeah? Lolz

What I tried to say is that, even if Black Ops 3 seems like a inexorable failure in content, we've been accustomed to it for a long time. Battlefront, however, is excedingly more painful to see, considering how enjoyable its previous games were.

Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to either. I'm not all that into COD (although Zombies does look a tad interesting) and, as much as I love Star Wars, I have little to no interest in Battlefront at this point. It is so watered down from the first two it's not even funny. Seriously, I don't think there has ever been one bit of GOOD news about the game, everything we've heard about is stuff that ISN'T going to be in the game.

Edited by NeonCobalt

What I tried to say is that, even if Black Ops 3 seems like a inexorable failure in content, we've been accustomed to it for a long time. Battlefront, however, is excedingly more painful to see, considering how enjoyable its previous games were.

It always sucks when a franchise is stripped of features that made the previous games great just because greed... *cough* Halo *cough* Destiny *cough*

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Star Wars Battlefront doesn't even have a story mode, i tried the beta and wasn't that keen on it and the multiplayer in general so i'm not getting that and if i do get Black Ops 3 it will just be for the campaign mainly and then trade in. To be honest Call of Duty has gotten tiresome and i'm not that into either of them.

Edited by Light Diamond

Black Ops 3. I loved the old Battlefront games, but the more I watch the new game the more it looks like a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin rather than an actual new installment in the Battlefront series. And it doesn't help that they cut so many features from the series like Campaign, Space Battles, and especially Galactic Conquest leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Plus I love the Black Ops series

• Brohoof 1

While I am kind of a CoD fanboy, I actually like Star Wars even more. Star Wars is... It's Star Wars!

Buuuuut ...I gotta agree with the people above. The new Star Wars Battlefront game feels like you're playing BF3 but with a bunch of mods and bugs. I haven't really been very impressed with CoD Ghosts and AW either but BO3 is great imo and BO2 was my favorite cod so I'll definitely vote for Black Ops 3.

Battlefront has basically been turned into Call of Duty, so what's the difference? lol

Hm... I'm excited for...

NEW NERF GUNS, WHENEVER THAT IS.

Actually running around with toy blasters tagging people is just more fun to me than running around in-game shooting people. Although I DO play FPS games, Nerf is a TON of fun.

You know...As much as the beta for Battlefront impressed me from a technical standpoint, I don't think the game will have long legs to it. Black Ops 3 may not either, but I really think it will have more content than Battlefront and Battlefront's season pass stings, as it just seems like awesome content that was ripped out of the game. Black Ops 3 with its season pass, those things are never worth it anyways so it is no biggie to me. 

Basically, Battlefront is a game that I know will disappoint me, whereas Black Ops 3 is a game that I know what  to expect and at the very least, I did love Black Ops 2 so I have some hope for this release.