Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come Cadence isn't a Crystal Pony?

cider float

Because what is logic?

And being a native has nothing to do with it, I would imagine. The mane 6 became Crystal Ponies after the heart was restored. That said, the effects are probably limited to the Empire, and not outside of it.

• Brohoof 3

As you said, she isn't a native. She was born a pegasi and eventually became an alicorn. There's no way genetically she could have become a Crystal pony forever. Sure they all became a crystal pony at one point but only when the empire had a hard reset. Eventually, anyone not born a crystal pony regained their original form. She just so happened to adopt the Crystal Empire as her own kingdom since she was the best pony for the job. 

Errrr....but there is one thing I'm highly curious about. I know the IDW comics doesn't cross into the series....buuuut any of you guys think that Hope will make an appearance and maybe claim the throne since she was destined to become the next princess of the crystal empire? 

Edited by Princess Sunset
  • Brohoof 5

Twilight found, and Spike rescued the Crystal Heart, but the Crystal Ponies love Cadence because SHE was able to use the Crystal Heart to finally destroy Sombra. It's only natural that they would welcome the Princess of Love to rule over them. Now with a foal on the way, they'll love her even more! Oh, they love Shining Armor too, because he's one stallion that knows how to throw his wife!

B)

• Brohoof 1

In the show they don't really cover Cadance's background.  In one of the official Hasbro books (ICR which) they state that Cadance was a Pegasus who ascended to being an Alicorn after beating an evil witch.  For a long time she had no kingdom, but was at court with Celestia.  She was Twilight's foal sitter & that is how she met Shining Armor (Canterlot Wedding, S2).

When the Crystal Empire reappeared she was named their Princess.  I suppose it was a case of "We've got a country w no Princess & a Princess w no country, let's solve 2 problems"  AFAIK, Cadance has no connection w the old, pre Sombra rulers but I could be wrong about this.

In short, Cadance doesn't glow like the other Crystal Ponies because she isn't related to them by blood, only by adoption.  A good question is "Will her foal glow?"

The show hasn't dove into the background of the crystal ponies or Crystal Empire. I'm pretty sure they were just meant to be (more of an) in-universe advertisement for the toys, which is probably why they aren't more important.

• Brohoof 2

As you said, she isn't a native. She was born a pegasi and eventually became an alicorn. There's no way genetically she could have become a Crystal pony forever. Sure they all became a crystal pony at one point but only when the empire had a hard reset. Eventually, anyone not born a crystal pony regained their original form. She just so happened to adopt the Crystal Empire as her own kingdom since she was the best pony for the job. 

Errrr....but there is one thing I'm highly curious about. I know the IDW comics doesn't cross into the series....buuuut any of you guys think that Hope will make an appearance and maybe claim the throne since she was destined to become the next princess of the crystal empire? 

I don't think we'll see Hope in the main series. Nothing originating from the comics has been introduced in the show yet. 

In the show they don't really cover Cadance's background.  In one of the official Hasbro books (ICR which) they state that Cadance was a Pegasus who ascended to being an Alicorn after beating an evil witch.  For a long time she had no kingdom, but was at court with Celestia.  She was Twilight's foal sitter & that is how she met Shining Armor (Canterlot Wedding, S2).

When the Crystal Empire reappeared she was named their Princess.  I suppose it was a case of "We've got a country w no Princess & a Princess w no country, let's solve 2 problems"  AFAIK, Cadance has no connection w the old, pre Sombra rulers but I could be wrong about this.

In short, Cadance doesn't glow like the other Crystal Ponies because she isn't related to them by blood, only by adoption.  A good question is "Will her foal glow?"

As revealed in the comics, Shining Armor and Cadance did not meet through Twilight. They already knew each other through being in high school together. In fact, Cadance became Twilight's foalsitter BECAUSE of Shining Armor.

Twilight found, and Spike rescued the Crystal Heart, but the Crystal Ponies love Cadence because SHE was able to use the Crystal Heart to finally destroy Sombra. It's only natural that they would welcome the Princess of Love to rule over them. Now with a foal on the way, they'll love her even more! Oh, they love Shining Armor too, because he's one stallion that knows how to throw his wife!

B)

In that sense Twilight Sparkle should be the princess over all of them since she saved Equestria like a dozen times. :P

While seeing how she was born a pegasus and not an alicorn I don't really see why she would be a crystal pony.

Although seeing how she rules over the crystal empire, I am a bit disappointed that her crystal form was just temporary.

I just assumed from the show, that she was a decedant of the original rulers of the Crystal Empire, before they were deposed by Sombra - who himself was not a crystal pony, and as we find often in history, rulers aren't always native to the land they rule over

I never read any comics though, so there may be other info to contradict that theory

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I think it's possible for Hope to appear in the show. I remember last year, Meghan Mccarthy said that she would consider having characters from the comics come into the show.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/07/sdcc-2014-panel-summary-equestria-girls.html

The show hasn't dove into the background of the crystal ponies or Crystal Empire. I'm pretty sure they were just meant to be (more of an) in-universe advertisement for the toys, which is probably why they aren't more important.

This is why I want them to play a more important role in the tv series.  Crystal ponies are too interesting to be left undeveloped like this.  And there is so much we don't know about them that's just begging to be explained.

This is why we need a spin off series.  There are just too many characters to follow the subplots.  The Mane 6, Spike, the CMCs, AJ's family, now Cadence, Shiny, & their foal.  Sure, the Crystal Empire deserves more time but there are only 26 episodes, there is just too much to cover.

Could be a Crystal Empire spin off or the Crusaders, either would be good.  But IDK if there will ever be an episode explaining the ins & outs of Cadence & the Crystal Empire -flat out no time to cover it.

In that sense Twilight Sparkle should be the princess over all of them since she saved Equestria like a dozen times. :P

I feel Twilight's place is in her beloved adopted home of Ponyville. Don't forget her song at the beginning of "Magical Mystery Cure". She honestly loves that quaint little village.