movies/tv Fairy Tail

Venomous

What didn't you like about it?

It wasn't that I didn't like it. I guess I really didn't get into the anime like I could with Naruto and other types of anime. I've seen the openings and a fight here and there and it looks really awesome. I guess I didn't have a drive or inspiration to watch it, or something along those lines.

I keep up with the anime, but I'm not really sure why anymore. It's all just kind of fell flat to me.

Spoiler for episode within the last few(?) months:

This feeling was accentuated by the episode where Wendy and Carla were trying to stop FACE. The beginning of the episode was neat, because Wendy got a power-up, and you don't usually see such massive power-ups for female characters like her.

...But then the whole Carla has to sacrifice herself to stop FACE plot came into play, and then Wendy was like "Nooo you can't do that without me!" and you absolutely knew that no sacrifice was going to be made. No way at all they'd let these characters die. No one dies in Fairy Tail to begin with (not even flashback characters who died in the flashbacks!)... It'd be odd to start with these two characters.

They then played these flashbacks like we were supposed to believe they were actually going to die here. Every single moment of this plea for emotion felt forced beyond belief. The flashbacks were overkill, because five seconds later the predictable deus ex machina shows up and saves them from their supposed sacrifice.

Forced, forced, forced. Forcing everywhere. That whole part just made me feel pretty sour about this series, to be honest. I had always felt like it was just an 'okay' series, as opposed to a great series, but this moment in particular sealed it as mediocre for me.

Nevertheless, I don't really foresee myself dropping it at this point. There's so little I even have to watch each week, Fairy Tail is kind of needed in my schedule for something to watch. lol

Edited by Envy

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

I keep up with the anime, but I'm not really sure why anymore. It's all just kind of fell flat to me.

Spoiler for episode within the last few(?) months:

This feeling was accentuated by the episode where Wendy and Carla were trying to stop FACE. The beginning of the episode was neat, because Wendy got a power-up, and you don't usually see such massive power-ups for female characters like her.

...But then the whole Carla has to sacrifice herself to stop FACE plot came into play, and then Wendy was like "Nooo you can't do that without me!" and you absolutely knew that no sacrifice was going to be made. No way at all they'd let these characters die. No one dies in Fairy Tail to begin with (not even flashback characters who died in the flashbacks!)... It'd be odd to start with these two characters.

They then played these flashbacks like we were supposed to believe they were actually going to die here. Every single moment of this plea for emotion felt forced beyond belief. The flashbacks were overkill, because five seconds later the predictable deus ex machina shows up and saves them from their supposed sacrifice.

Forced, forced, forced. Forcing everywhere. That whole part just made me feel pretty sour about this series, to be honest. I had always felt like it was just an 'okay' series, as opposed to a great series, but this moment in particular sealed it as mediocre for me.

Nevertheless, I don't really foresee myself dropping it at this point. There's so little I even have to watch each week, Fairy Tail is kind of needed in my schedule for something to watch. lol

That episode was super intense!

I remember watching it when it aired and I was on the edge of my seat.

It wasn't that I didn't like it. I guess I really didn't get into the anime like I could with Naruto and other types of anime. I've seen the openings and a fight here and there and it looks really awesome. I guess I didn't have a drive or inspiration to watch it, or something along those lines.

That's how I felt at first with it, too.

The first couple episodes aren't really anything but introductions and not-so-interesting stories.

• Brohoof 1

That's how I felt at first with it, too.

The first couple episodes aren't really anything but introductions and not-so-interesting stories.

Yeah that's exactly why I stopped watching it after about three to four episodes. There didn't seem to be much story in the beginning, not sure if the first few episodes had filler in them or not. Although I am gonna try to watch the anime again and see how it goes. I'm also interested because I've heard from friends on how the anime and manga are coming along and it sounds pretty awesome. 

Yeah that's exactly why I stopped watching it after about three to four episodes. There didn't seem to be much story in the beginning, not sure if the first few episodes had filler in them or not. Although I am gonna try to watch the anime again and see how it goes. I'm also interested because I've heard from friends on how the anime and manga are coming along and it sounds pretty awesome. 

I seriously encourage you to watch as much as you can.

I seriously encourage you to watch as much as you can.

I'm finishing up an anime at the moment, but after that I'm going to start Fairy Tail over and catch up on the anime. Thanks for the recommendation.  :)

• Brohoof 1

That episode was super intense!

I remember watching it when it aired and I was on the edge of my seat.

Hm... Well, obviously, I disagree.

As I said, the beginning of the episode was exciting. Because it very much looked like a deus ex machina was going to be pulled then and some strong male character would show up to save Wendy from the enemy, but then she beat him all by herself. That was neat and a nice break in a series which uses that trope constantly.

...But after that the episode fell really flat. I've watched/read too many Shonen series. I can not be entertained by something so cliche and predictable anymore.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

Hm... Well, obviously, I disagree.

As I said, the beginning of the episode was exciting. Because it very much looked like a deus ex machina was going to be pulled then and some strong male character would show up to save Wendy from the enemy, but then she beat him all by herself. That was neat and a nice break in a series which uses that trope constantly.

...But after that the episode fell really flat. I've watched/read too many Shonen series. I can not be entertained by something so cliche and predictable anymore.

What kept me in suspense was not knowing if Carla would be able to stop the face in time. That was really the only part of the episode that I actually enjoyed, considering I like suspense.

The flashbacks were boring to watch and the whole "you're not going to die without me!" thing was something I have seen before in other TV shows.

How far is it gone now? I stopd watching the anime when they where at the corrupt zodiac filler arc. and read in manga that they where

sent by the tree person to some place to fight deamons??

img-35793-1-img-35793-1-namnlst_1_by_fle

My so called OC's Flearia Dragondanser - Walleria Dragondanser

You can also find me streaming some drawings on https://picarto.tv/Flearia

Starting a request shop! Visist it here

How far is it gone now? I stopd watching the anime when they where at the corrupt zodiac filler arc. and read in manga that they where

sent by the tree person to some place to fight deamons??

The most recent episode that aired in Japan was episode 257.

The series is currently in the Tartaros arc.

I have a subscription to Funimation.com, so I can all the episodes as they air.

I liked Rave Master better. it was more my thing. Really wish they had continued it. Why was it canceled?

What is Rave Master?

Is that an anime?

Ahhh I love this show, I've only seen the first 2 seasons but I hope to get back into it when I have the chance. The opening song of Season 1 is currently stuck in my head now thanks to this topic :lol:

Ahhh I love this show, I've only seen the first 2 seasons but I hope to get back into it when I have the chance. The opening song of Season 1 is currently stuck in my head now thanks to this topic :lol:

Oh! I love Snow Fairy!

It's my 2nd favorite opening of the series.

What is Rave Master?

Is that an anime?

Its an anime (may have been a manga first though) by the same creator, (in my opinion its not very good, gave up after watching a few episodes), it has plue in as the main characters companion. They did an Fairy tail and Rave crossover OVA as well.

Edited by Wonderbolt
  • Brohoof 1

wonderbbolts%20in%20formation%20small_zp
  ----Twitter ----tumblr----Deviantart----My Blog----

The most recent episode that aired in Japan was episode 257.

The series is currently in the Tartaros arc.

I have a subscription to Funimation.com, so I can all the episodes as they air.

What is Rave Master?

Is that an anime?

Yeah and it's from the same creators. They even did a crossover with it and Fairy Tail. And Plue is even in both animes. Crazy huh? They're similar. The main difference is Fairy Tail is Magic-themed and Rave Master is Sword-themed.

The White Shinigami

Yeah and it's from the same creators. They even did a crossover with it and Fairy Tail. And Plue is even in both animes. Crazy huh? They're similar. The main difference is Fairy Tail is Magic-themed and Rave Master is Sword-themed.

Oh, okay.

I didn't know that. Maybe I will look into it!