Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Missklang's tinker shop of OC backstory requests

Missklang

TEMPORARY CLOSED FOR CATCH-UP

Hello, my friends. I've been thinking, I've done some backstory requests for my friends, why shouldn't I do it for others too! So here I made a small request shop for OC backstories. Basically, you give me a general overall idea and I make a more or less decent backstory for your OC character. I've done two for my friend Shadow Strike. Here they are, the original stories I wrote in a spoiler tab and the link to the OC's page with the backstory slightly modified by Shadow.

Alpha Goval

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/alpha-goval-dr-r8881

There was once a young foal who was constantly trying to learn new things about magic. Since he had remembered himself, he had the attraction to it and hoped that one day, he will be able to use the mysterious arcane arts. Alpha liked venturing in old ruins because their libraries often offered him interesting knowledge about all sorts of magic. Not so long ago, he witnessed the power of chaos magic as he saw Discord himself using it to bring mayhem to Poniville. Since many months after that day, he was searching everything related to it. However, he didn’t find much. Ponies weren’t normally able to wield it, so nobody really bothered researching it. Some rare individuals, however, were able to use it after going insane, but there has to be another option.

Not so long ago, he herded about a very ancient temple of Discord’s worshipers, located in the Everfree forest who apparently dated to the ancient times when Discord ruled the Equestria. He slowly ventured through the ancient corridors, looking around. Upon arriving into a large room, he saw a dark ritual stone, covered with strange runes. He felt that he was slightly pulled toward the stone, so he approached it and touched it with his hoof. It was the last thing he remembered before he blacked out.

He woke up in a cozy bed. His vision was still blurry, but he saw somebody standing near him. As he tried to focus, to his great surprise, it was Twilight Sparkle.

“-Princess! I’m so honored. But what are you doing here? And where are we anyway?

-I see you are awake. You are in my castle in Poniville. Don't you remember anything? Well, let me inform you. Yesterday,  you appeared from nowhere in the middle of Canterlot and started to spread chaos all around you, If I wasn’t with Discord, I would swear that it was him. In mere seconds, you turned all the mountain into a chaos capital like the one Discord made in Poniville. It was quickly spreading and would eventually cover the entire Equestria if Discord wasn’t there stopping you. Actually, he wanted to talk to you too, so I brought him with me today.”

As she finished talking, Alpha saw Discord coming through the solid wall in front of him. He stopped in front of the bed and smiled.

“He he he. Too bad I had to wipe out all the chaos you made.*Twilight stare at him* Aw come on Twilight! It wasn’t so bad. Well, just a little I guess. Anyway, Alpha. In the ruins, you stumbled on one of my chaos stones. I thought they were all destroyed, but it appears that I was wrong. All this years, the stone stood there, powering the forest with the chaos magic. I guess that is the reason its such a wonderful place now! They were made to give me all my chaotic power back if lose them from the elements of harmony. What happened is, when you touched the stone, you got all of my powers and as they were too great to be controlled by a simple unicorn as you, they took over the control of your body. Luckily, I was able to drain it from you till you regained the controls. Sadly for the princesses, it is impossible to get rid of them entirely.

- After consulting Celestia and Luna, we decided that it will be best for all of us if you learn how to use your new abilities, so Discord from now on will be responsible of you. Consider him to be your teacher.

- Don’t worry Twi! *Said Discord grabbing Alpha in his claws* We will have so much fun together!

- I just must warn you Alpha, no matter what, use your powers for good. Don’t let him influence you. It was hard enough to convince others that you aren't a danger. Good luck!”

She silently watched while Discord flew away, holding screaming Alpha by his leg. And so, a great friendship between Discord and Alpha started. But the story was just about to begin...

Night Shadow

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/night-shadow-r8979

Since he could remember himself,  Night Shadow protected his younger brother. He hadn't really much else to do. He grew up alongside his younger brother in a distant village located at the far north of Equestria. His parents, he never knew them. All he had ever remembered were two vague silhouettes of two unicorns. The villages didn't want to talk about them. All they ever said was that their parents once left the village without telling, heading north into the forbidden territories. Strange stories were told about those lands. A rumor floated that a demon settled there and hypnotize anypony that had the misfortune to wonder there to lure them to his cave and devour them. First years were hard. The village was entirely populated by earth ponies who didn't like unicorns much, thus, nobody really cared about them. Night had to struggle hard every day to bring some food to keep him and his brother alive. But the winters were the scariest. All he ever cared about was his brother, and even the slightest a cough from his part was a stab of fear into his heart. He was only twelve when his life changed...

One cold day of winter he woke up to realize that his younger brother was gone. He ran around the whole village asking anyone if they had seen him. In the end, an old farmer recalled that he saw somepony going towards the northern gate. Night rushed by the gate only to see a small trail of footprints going towards the forbidden lands. He tried to follow them, only to be interrupted by the local smith:
"-Where do you think you're going, kid?
-It's...It's my brother! He went that way! I must rescue him! Please help me!
-Like if I cared about you. Besides, a blizzard is coming, so he wouldn't make it in time anyway.
-No! Don't say that! I will save him!"
Night ran towards the icy hills, following the trail on the snow. He felt as if he walked for hours. Suddenly the skies went black and snow started to fall down. He started running, but soon, the trail disappeared. He stood there, in the middle of nowhere, without the slightest idea where to go next or how to even go back. He was lost all alone in the icy wasteland... He wandered around. The storm was growing stronger and it started to get very cold. He couldn't even cry because the tears froze instantly on his face. Eventually, he stumbled on a cave that was located in a small mountain. He decided to stay there until the storm was gone. As he had nothing else to do, he ventured deeper into the cave. It was very dark there. He lighted his horn so he could see. The cave went down and down and soon, turned to be a labyrinth filled with ice and snow. Suddenly, he heard a distant whimper. He ran towards the noise and saw his brother, partially frozen into a statue. He ran to him when he heard a voice.
"-Well, well, well..... Looks like another filly decided to pay me a visit. How touching of you."
A wendigo descended from the ceiling. He was white as snow and his mane seemed animated by the cold winds of the North. Night was scared, but he had to protect his brother no matter what. He saw a handle of a sword, buried in snow. With all the force he had left, he pulled it out and pointed it at the wendigo.
"-I'm not afraid of you! Leave my brother alone!
-So small and yet so brave. Laughed the wendigo. You are far too late. Your brother is mine and even so, what did you think you could do to me with that toothpick of yours?"
The wendigo approached Night and he felt as the cold penetrated him, freezing the fur into millions of little spikes.
"However, I admire your courage. Venturing so far, alone, in a storm, just to save your brother. If you care so much for him, I will let him go. But in exchange, I'll drain your essence. Your unicorn magic. These times the ponies are too happy. I need a substitute to fulfill my hunger...
-I agree! Just let him go!
-You didn't even hesitate to sacrifice yourself. Brave indeed. Or perhaps, just stupid. Anyway, I still get what I wanted in the end..."
The wendigo approached Night and entered in him as if he were a ghost. Never in his life Night felt so cold. He quickly passed out. 

He woke up at the entrance of the cavern, the sword laying near. The storm stopped and the morning sun was reflecting upon the white that covered everything, making it hard to see. He turned around and saw his brother standing near him. He grabbed him and started crying.
"-Idiot! What were you thinking going here all alone? Never leave me! I thought I would never see you anymore. You are the only one I have...
-I just wanted to find mommy and daddy. You were so sad....Brother! Your horn!"
Night touched his front. His horn was gone as if it never existed. 
"-It doesn't matter if I'm an earth pony now. At least I've got you back. It is all that matters to me."

Night kept the sword. He after found out that it was magical. It appeared like it has some sort of frost enchanting on it, making the air cold and freezing water on touch. He succeeded at finding the way to the village, however shortly after him and his brother left to the south. Away from the cold. Away from the village. Their adventures were about to begin...

For the first, I rewrote the story he originally made himself but wanted to improve it. Basically, I kept only the name, the relations and the whole student/apprentice thing....

For the last one, I had only "something about being lost in a cave and being the older brother of Alpha" as a request.

Sometimes this amount of information could suffice, but I would write some story I came up with, so if you want something specific, please mention it. I can write dark, I can write happy, I can write crazy. I'm not sure if I can make a fancy romantic love story of shipping and stuff because I don't really into this kind of writing...

Also, as it requires minimum inspiration, I can not tell when I could finish the writing. It can take a half an hour, it can take few days. Depends on my mood and schedule. Also, I'm not Shakespeare or Moliére so don't expect high art. I will do as I can... Once done, you are free to modify the backstory at will. It would also be nice being mentioned as the writer of the backstory  :please:

And also, I, of course, wrote my proper backstory... But it's work in progress... You can go see it too if you like...

P.S.: I can also occasionally do some simplistic signature banners to go along with OC or just like that. I'm not at Kyoshi's level, but I can do some things with photoshop. You can ask, I will see what I can do...

Here is the list of requests I currently working on:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Shadow Strike's Brass Eclipse

- Astrara's Scarlet Rose

- SpikusFyre's Spikus Fyre

- Darkhaert 2099's Dark Façade 

Here is the list of requests I completed:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Aegeus Thanos's Shade Rover

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here three banners I made lately:

post-25840-0-36237200-1446370354.png

post-25840-0-37282300-1446370355.png

post-25840-0-69294500-1446370356.png

Edited by Missklang

(edited)

Greetings! Can the idea of this failure be saved?

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/shade-rover-r8246

Sure, I could see what I can do. So, about what exactly do you want the backstory? About his youth and how he got his cutie mark? About a life changing event of his life? About something else?

I've got a nice idea already for the gaining of the cutie mark...

Edited by Missklang

Hey! the shops finally here! Since you made Epic Backstories for my OCs, I'm here to vouch for Missklang! He really is awesome.

And if you don't mind, could you do the backstory for Brass too? She was my first OC, but I could never seem to improve her

Hey! the shops finally here! Since you made Epic Backstories for my OCs, I'm here to vouch for Missklang! He really is awesome.

And if you don't mind, could you do the backstory for Brass too? She was my first OC, but I could never seem to improve her

Of course! I will do my best

(edited)

Hey! @! Your story is all done! Here it is. I hope you like it...

Shade Rover was born in a Bleakhoof village that was situated right at the border between Equestria and Frozen North. His father was a retired guardian and ran a small business of stone carving and statue making. He loved to sit after a long day of work by the fireplace and tell his son about the numerous adventures he had when he was a young colt. He spent hours and hours describing the beautiful palace of Canterlot, the huge city of Manehattan, the sandy landscapes of San Palomino Desert and the majestic views of Neighara Falls. Shade grew up with those stories and never wished of anything but someday go on his own adventure. Sadly, he couldn't leave his father run the store alone. He was old and it was difficult for him to bring rocks from the nearby mountain. He compensated his need for adventure by roaming around the village, searching for beautiful small rocks that he took home. One day, long before, a strange cream-brown pony with strange red eyes was passing through the village. His father sheltered him for the night and he gifted young Shade with a book about runes. Since this day, he tried to carve runes on the most beautiful stones, but it had never worked as the runes required to be carved on gems or on rare magical stones. Shadow roamed in the mountains all the time in the hope that one day, he would find such stone.

One day, his father got sick. The illness was not dangerous, but it was preventing him from working. The local doctor couldn't do much and calling a doctor from the nearby city was too expensive. The only option was to wait. But Shade was really worried about his father. He ventured in the nearby woods more often to find rocks because he was persuaded that if he could make a working ansuz rune, it would help his father restore his health and strength.

One morning, he was trotting into the nearby mountain. At one moment, he got distracted and tripped on a rock. He felt down and landed in some sort of cave. It was impossible to climb the wall so he had to venture into it's depths. After a while, he found an exit that was surprisingly very close to his house. But as it was very well hidden, he never found it before. He wanted to go home, but the temptation of an exploration was far too great, so he ventured back into the cave. After few hours of walking in circles, he had gone to every possible ramification of the cave. He wanted to go back home but got tired and leaned against the wall. He was very surprised to find out after he accidently hit his head a bit too strong that the cave wall was hollow. After he managed to make a hole big enough to pass through, he discovered a huge cave filled with gems of all sorts. It must be a hideout of a long dead dragon that used to live here from the legends his father told him. Shade grabbed some emeralds and hurried home. He was very excited to try to make an actual rune with the gems he got. His eyes widened from excitement as his freshly carved rune glowed in a dark green light emancipating magic. He ran to his father and told him about the cave and the rune. His father was happy about the finding as local laws make the finders of treasure their keepers. He also asked him to make a hole in the rune so he could wear it as a necklace. The rune was really magical as in few hours, he felt much better and was even able to walk. At the same time, his cutie mark appeared on his flank. Since the cave was nearby, his father could easily go there to bring the gems at home and the shop would from now on make much more money at selling carved gems and magical runestones. Since his father was able to run the shop by himself and gained much more than before, Shade Rover could finally realize his dream and go on an adventure through Equestria...

P.S.: I hope you don't mind that I made a brief cameo in the story?  :squee:

@@Astrara

Of course! I will see what I can do. You have any particular preferences and/or idea or you give me total freedom?

@@SpikusFyre

Ok, I'll see what I can do... 

Edited by Missklang

Hey! @! Your story is all done! Here it is. I hope you like it...

Shade Rover was born in a Bleakhoof village that was situated right at the border between Equestria and Frozen North. His father was a retired guardian and ran a small business of stone carving and statue making. He loved to sit after a long day of work by the fireplace and tell his son about the numerous adventures he had when he was a young colt. He spent hours and hours describing the beautiful palace of Canterlot, the huge city of Manehattan, the sandy landscapes of San Palomino Desert and the majestic views of Neighara Falls. Shade grew up with those stories and never wished of anything but someday go on his own adventure. Sadly, he couldn't leave his father run the store alone. He was old and it was difficult for him to bring rocks from the nearby mountain. He compensated his need for adventure by roaming around the village, searching for beautiful small rocks that he took home. One day, long before, a strange cream-brown pony with strange red eyes was passing through the village. His father sheltered him for the night and he gifted young Shade with a book about runes. Since this day, he tried to carve runes on the most beautiful stones, but it had never worked as the runes required to be carved on gems or on rare magical stones. Shadow roamed in the mountains all the time in the hope that one day, he would find such stone.

One day, his father got sick. The illness was not dangerous, but it was preventing him from working. The local doctor couldn't do much and calling a doctor from the nearby city was too expensive. The only option was to wait. But Shadow was really worried about his father. He ventured in the nearby woods more often to find rocks because he was persuaded that if he could make a working ansuz rune, it would help his father restore his health and strength.

One morning, he was trotting into the nearby mountain. At one moment, he got distracted and tripped on a rock. He felt down and landed in some sort of cave. It was impossible to climb the wall so he had to venture into it's depths. After a while, he found an exit that was surprisingly very close to his house. But as it was very well hidden, he never found it before. He wanted to go home, but the temptation of an exploration was far too great, so he ventured back into the cave. After few hours of walking in circles, he had gone to every possible ramification of the cave. He wanted to go back home but got tired and leaned against the wall. He was very surprised to find out after he accidently hit his head a bit too strong that the cave wall was hollow. After he managed to make a hole big enough to pass through, he discovered a huge cave filled with gems of all sorts. It must be a hideout of a long dead dragon that used to live here from the legends his father told him. Shadow grabbed some emeralds and hurried home. He was very excited to try to make an actual rune with the gems he got. His eyes widened from excitement as his freshly carved rune glowed in a dark green light emancipating magic. He ran to his father and told him about the cave and the rune. His father was happy about the finding as local laws make the finders of treasure their keepers. He also asked him to make a hole in the rune so he could wear it as a necklace. The rune was really magical as in few hours, he felt much better and was even able to walk. At the same time, his cutie mark appeared on his flank. Since the cave was nearby, his father could easily go there to bring the gems at home and the shop would from now on make much more money at selling carved gems and magical runestones. Since his father was able to run the shop by himself and gained much more than before, Shade Rover could finally realize his dream and go on an adventure through Equestria...

P.S.: I hope you don't mind that I made a brief cameo in the story?  :squee:

Well, comrade... that's really great! =D

There's only a single little complaint. Shade, not Shadow. But that doesn't really matter =)

Thanks!

Edited by Aegeus Thanos

Well, comrade... that's really great! =D

There's only a single little complaint. Shade, not Shadow. But that doesn't really matter =)

Thanks!

Sorry, just a habit of mine :) ... Glad you like it

@@Astrara,@, @@SpikusFyre, @,

I'm sorry everyone. I'm a bit buisy at the moment. Don't worry, I didn't forget about you. I just did't have time yet to write...

@@Dynamo Pad,

You have a long backstory.... What do you need exactly? Rewrite? Completely change? Keep some stuff?

@@Pripyat Pony

I like the mix of dark and comedy. As soon as I have time I will write something :)

@@Dynamo Pad,

You have a long backstory.... What do you need exactly? Rewrite? Completely change? Keep some stuff?

Can you completely change the backstory, but keep his parents names? I also wanted him to move to Ponyville, but I didn't really have a good reason why. Can you help with that too? Anything else is up to you. 

Could you fix my OC's back story? :)

I basically just started writing stories last week so I'm really bad at it

the link is below my signature ^_^

Edit: If it's not too much trouble, can you also add a part where he Get's his conscience because he wished upon a magic fountain that he could "Protect the People he cared about" and in return the fountain sort of gave him, a guardian named clarence that exists within his mind, threatening him into doing the right thing whenever he decides to be cowardly? I don't really know how to put those things into words T_T

Edited by Vulcan