Is it weird to sleep with pony plushies?

ManaMinori

Sure, but it's not really a bad thing. I don't sleep with any sort of plushie out of fear of ruining them but I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

I don't own any pony merch myself, I personally don't see the point of stuff like that..

Would explain why my room is pretty empty in general, haha.

In any case, there is nothing weird about it.

Not weird at all. It brings a sense of comfort to many and that is never a bad thing. I don't really do this myself at this point but that is mainly because sleeping is one of the few things I usually do not have issues with, unless my anxiety is going crazy. 

• Brohoof 1

Does it look weird when a 25 year old man, turning 26 very soon, holds on to his Twilight Sparkle plushie?

I don't think so.

post-31596-0-07206500-1446556850_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

It's pretty normal, I still sleep with a whole bunch of plushies and stuffed animals. What can I say? Old habits die never. I have an adorable derpy plush I sleep with. But honestly, why does it matter if it's normal or not? It's your bed, not anyone else's.

• Brohoof 1

What is weird is determined by the individual; it is a very subjective concept. However, I'm sure that pretty much everyone (outside this fandom, of course) agrees that grown men who sleep with pony plushies are neither attractive nor very normal. It is excusable for those 12 and under (though still odd), but it gets a bit intolerable after that point.

Again, not trying to judge - that is just how people feel about it. I don't mean to be a downer or anything, but this fandom is not going to change that. People thought it was weird before, and they will still think it is weird after this fandom has gone.

• Brohoof 2

It is a scientific fact that sleeping with a stuffed animal releaves stress and helps clear your mind. there are many published journal papers on the internet explaining the brain chemistry behind it and why it works. some even suggest that we all should still have a "comfort object" as lowering stress levels greatly helps improve your mood and productivity, possibly extending your life. if you do some digging on the internet, 1 in 4 men that travel constantly do so with a stuffed animal. also I now for a fact that lots of men and woman bring theirs with them to collage with it being so stress-full.

And yes I do occasionally cuddle up with, well... 2-3 when im over stressed( which now is most of the time since im in engineering collage.)

I wondered if it was weird too, but then I did the research. If you think about it, their's many people that would do ANYTHING to get a good nights sleep, and if this helps you, then why would you not use it. That's how I look at it.

my two bits worth

eh. I sleep with a Flounder and Rapunzel plushie, so anyone who chooses to sleep with a plushie, regardless of what show it's from, is their choice, and theirs alone. I ain't gonna judge them anytime soon, nor will I ever.

Even if it is weird, why should that stop you?  It might not be "normal" as what people would think, but if you want to sleep with your Spike then by all means you should.  I sleep with a couple of plushies and they help me feel more relaxed, I wouldn't doubt the same for you.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, it's not weird at all. I'm a guy, and 19 at that, and I have a fluttershy plushy that I've gotten rather fond of. I can't sleep without it within arms reach, and most mornings I wake up with it in my arms. It's very comforting and relaxing. I know some people may think it's unusual for someone my age and gender to have a yellow and pink pony plushie on my bed, but I pay them no mind since it's a way to help me sleep. And having insomnia, it really helps me ease my overly active brain when I'm trying to sleep lol

im 19 as well i know how you feel lol. my mind wanders so much when i try and sleep, then i desided one day to curl up with my stuffed germin shepherd and rainbowdash plush and fell instantly asleap. its like a magic cure. however i found out recently at a church retreat that i cant actually sleep with out them(dident get any sleep at all that night), so its sort of a cure and a curse now. lol

Edited by Shadow_Dash
  • Brohoof 2

Even if it is weird, why should that stop you?  It might not be "normal" as what people would think, but if you want to sleep with your Spike then by all means you should.  I sleep with a couple of plushies and they help me feel more relaxed, I wouldn't doubt the same for you.

*lollipop*

Remember: There is no a thing as "normal" define but nvm that. x3 I would love to sleep with any pony plushie, especially Fluttershy because it would ease my mental problems, but I am too shy to even get one..

*lollipop*

Remember: There is no a thing as "normal" define but nvm that. x3 I would love to sleep with any pony plushie, especially Fluttershy because it would ease my mental problems, but I am too shy to even get one..

I just got all but one of my plushies off of amazon, it's easy, and usually cheaper, so its a win win

• Brohoof 1

I just got all but one of my plushies off of amazon, it's easy, and usually cheaper, so its a win win

I must conserve money for rent and other taxes and wait until my money supports arrives.

I am too shy to buy them myself.

I also have only PayPal, since Amazons requires credit card.

Edited by StormRider245

Funny thing is, I have zero pony plushies. Had I a Rainbow Dash plushy, that would be the only one I'd sleep with, and I definitely wouldn't take it everywhere I go, just leave it in a safe at my lakehouse.

• Brohoof 1