Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Believing in Celestia

Szmeszek

See what i bolded and my inflicted notes.

1a. Equestria != Earth

1b. Humans < Equestrian Ponies

1c. Humans == imperfect, flawed, sin-infested

2a. Dark blue != Black

2b. Nightmare Moon's Primary Color = Black

2c. Night is not black, it is an extremely dark blue.

2d. "Black is an expression"

I don't see the problem, to be honest.

Posted Image

But I kid. On topic, to each their own; believe in whatever you want.

If that's the case, we've supplied the Changelings enough to last through the events of Fallout: Equ- . . . . SWEET CELESTIA, THAT'S IT!

{{Agreed though. All faiths are good in my book, even the lack of one.}}

Edited by Steelquill

1a. Equestria != Earth

1b. Humans < Equestrian Ponies

1c. Humans == imperfect, flawed, sin-infested

2a. Dark blue != Black

2b. Nightmare Moon's Primary Color = Black

2c. Night is not black, it is an extremely dark blue.

2d. "Black is an expression"

I don't see the problem, to be honest.

Of course you don't see the problem, you are too used to that symbolism, ....

.. And you are in good company, too.

I am an atheist, but I don't doubt that treating things as though a deity will help you does help (psychologically) and I would sooner worship Celestia than Yahweh.

I'm more on the agnostic side. I believe it is a remote possibility that there is some form of deity, but I am not all fond of the god described in the Christian bible.

Likewise I believe there is a psychological benefit to calling on a 'deity' for help even if you don't believe in it. My belief system is made up of many different beliefs for different aspects of life. Some I adopted from others and some I have created for myself.

I would love to hear any personal philosophies/beliefs through PM if anyone is interested in sharing.

• Brohoof 2

i don't believe in god or anything that comes close to it. i find it funny to think of it like that. but i respect others believes.

and i don't think its any weirder to believe in god than in celestia. because i think they both don't exist.

I'd rather overthrow her...

This <3

I'd rather believe in Discord. Life is one big trolololol, and you don't need to fret the small stuff, because the Master of Chaos is your idol~

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm a protestant Christian, and I would say (obviously), that wouldn't be a good idea. For one thing, you should only believe in something you REALLY think is true. And, I'm pretty sure you don't really believe that Celestia is real. Although God could very well take the form of her, I don't think he would base himself off of a character from a little girls' show. If one could simply believe whatever they wanted and get away with it, this would be perfectly fine, albeit slightly cooky-sounding. But, of course, from a Christian standpoint, You must believe only in God the father, Jesus Christ the son, and the holy spirit. Thank you for reading this far.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'm a protestant Christian, and I would say (obviously), that wouldn't be a good idea. For one thing, you should only believe in something you REALLY think is true. And, I'm pretty sure you don't really believe that Celestia is real. Although God could very well take the form of her, I don't think he would base himself off of a character from a little girls' show. If one could simply believe whatever they wanted and get away with it, this would be perfectly fine, albeit slightly cooky-sounding. But, of course, from a Christian standpoint, You must believe only in God the father, Jesus Christ the son, and the holy spirit. Thank you for reading this far.

Something to that effect yes. I'm not sure if it's just subconscious association but she comes to mind a lot of times when I pray to the Holy Spirit. (Though that's more because a dove can't smile at you.) I also sometimes think God could take the form of the Doctor, but again, they play up the Messianic symbolism with him.

• 4 years later...

As an agnostic myself, I suppose it wouldn't hurt worshiping Celestia as well as the other Alicorn Princesses. Seriously or just for fun. 

I do like to think ponies are my personal angels because they've helped me a lot in my.... "dark times", so much that when I die, the angels that I se are these cute pastel mini horses. I also jokingly claim that I was blessed by McFlurry as you see, the day she was revealed for the whole world to see and slowly die of diabeetus, I had a test of a subject I was failing in college. When I got to it, I've came in terms that I've failed, so I've started checking answers randomly...... I've passed  :-o

I believe that is kind of how every religion started.

Hearing/reading fictional stories and taking them too seriously. ._.

Anyway...I think that is ridiculous.  xD

• Brohoof 3

Um..I would. Still I know who made the planet and keeps it safe. The all powerful being that is the lord above everyone and everything else. That is who I believe in.

Sorry Celestia, you are pretty nice towards everyone. However, I think worshiping you just doesn't feel right. 

Edited by Unovas

I think the religion would be more personally relevant to me, because might as well choose one thats obviously not true if I don't believe in any. And it'd be kind of honoring the fandom in a way, and I think it produces more interesting and good things more consistently per participant per hour than most other cultures. But then which sub-cultures and other cultures could compete with that? But it wouldn't matter because I identify with this one more, so it'd be more fulfilling, except for how others would treat it I suppose. Then again could always make a hybrid religion combining two optimal cultures.

All religions or lack thereof are absolutely crazy and so far out there that it's unbelievable people bother arguing. Having said that, even the nuttiest idea has turned out to be true before, and though I myself am Christian I think no less of anyone should they believe differently or use different phrases. Who am I to judge after all.

Now who is Celestia?

Taking into account that we barely see her doing anything in the show (and she has been defeated twice already)... I dont think that she would fill the role of someone that's to be worshipped... now if we're talking about the mane six then that's a whole new story XD I honestly would be okay with this idea if it was with Luna but I just dont like Celestia that much since she basically does nothing by herself and has to ask for help EVERY single time something bad happens in Equestria.

I'd totally run with that. I mean, raising the sun every day is a pretty big deal, and the reunion with her sister with the help of the Elements of Harmony is a pretty important metaphor. Celebrating Hearth's Warming would be great.

What's stopping you? I've actually tried using 'By Celestia's beard!' as an exclamation but it doesn't work that well. Conversely, I use 'Dear Lord' and variations all the time despite not being religious in the slightest, just because it's fun to say. I also occasionally butcher an Irish accent just to say something like 'Sweet Jaysis' because it's fun. In any case, shouting it is fun but I wouldn't actually see the need to believe in Celestia to do it. :P

So worshiping something that was made up 100% by modern day TV writers as a show aimed at little children is better than worshiping / believing in religions that have developed over thousands of years, have millions of believers, if not billions and even if they don't have credibility have shaped the world and their writings are great pieces of literature? Yeah, don't kid yourself.  :smug:

That doesn't matter, because its not relatable. The other religions are usurpers, subversions, and monopolies on culture and behavior. At least I can appreciate mlp, not other mythos which are obviously incorrect. If I choose something thats incorrect, I am going to choose the best one, which is undebatably fictitious, and not just flying sphaghetti because thats also unrelatable, its just parody, its not too maintainable. It doesn't matter if people came from it who became nasa engineers or anything, because they hit such a wide spread of people some are bound to be good, its just statistics. And when we have modern religions impairing science, I don't think they can even claim ownership over those discoveries. They would have made them sooner without religious conflicts getting in the way trying to assert they are the correct ones, causing witch hunts and crusades and isis etc. Then, even the Nazis abused christianity. Why have such a weak link.

Its like susceptibility to viruses. If everyone is the same, they are all vulnerable. Especially when people are submissive because of focusing on things like prayer hope and mercy forgiveness etc. People were born to be controlled and passive, thats why Hitler appealed to the masses so easily, saying they do not think. 

At least with mlp, I know its not true, and it can be fulfilling, and it doesn't matter if its true or not. I won't have any doubts, because I already know it, and its not even claiming to be true. So It doesn't have an opportunity for me to take up disagreement with it, so it'd work better for me than a 'normal' religion.