Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite Main Villain?  

490 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Main Villain?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Chrysalis
    • King Sombra
    • Nightmare Rarity
    • Tirek
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • The Dazzlings
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Principal Cinch
    • Midnight Sparkle
    • Gaia Everfree (Gloriosa)
    • Juniper Montage
    • The Storm King
    • Tempest Shadow
    • The Pony of Shadows/Stygian
    • Cozy Glow
    • Wallflower Blush
    • Vignette Valencia
  2. 2. Who is/are your favorite lower level antagonists?

• Trixie
    • Gilda
    • Flim/Flam
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon
    • Ahuizotl
    • Lightning Dust
    • Other (please specify with a comment )
    • Suri Polomare
    • The Mane-iac
    • Chancellor Neighsay

And of course, best villain is winning by a landslide. <3 Discord, of course. No villain is as funny, awesome or cool as Discord is.

After him, I like Nightmare Moon. Chrysalis I like the least of the three main villains. Nightmare Moon just had a way cooler back story, and tie into the characters of the show. Hell, even Discord was an ancient evil villain brought back from the ancient past, who had a cool role in being a statue. Chrysalis was just kinda...thrown in there. BOOM, VILLAIN. Not that she's a bad villain, but, the other two are just cooler, to me personally.

I really don't understand the hype about Discord. For some reason I found him relatively uninteresting and, in my studies of discussions about him, too disordered for his own good. He's not my idea of "fun", or else I just have a bad sense of humor. Chocolate rain is not fun, and neither is playing around with someone's mind for no real reason. To me he was just mean plain and simple, no matter how smooth he talks.

I've never liked the idea of "villains"-- that is, characters where the audience is automatically expected to side against-- it doesn't do anything to make one think about the character themselves or the ideas that they are expressing, not for me anyway. I much prefer antagonists where their claims to "rightness" can be arguably as justifiable as the protagonists. I just choose Chrysalis because she had one of the best songs in the series, even though her backstory left much to be desired and the motives were rather commonplace.

Posted Image

Yae :D He's the best villain, got the best lines. They're even greater than Discord's. Also he doesn't travel, he's got his minion goat devil worshippers to do it for him.

I'd have to say Discord as he's a unique type of villain. He doesn't follow the usual "Oh I'm going to destroy the world bwa hahahaha" cliche and just barely follows the archetype of the villain that wants to rule the world. Discord does want to take over everything but he wants to remake the world in a mostly non-destructive manner. Not only that but he's in it for a few good laughs as well. Humor is such a rare motivator for villains. Not only that but a villain that does things just for the "Lolz" of it are some of the best villains and are a breath of fresh air.

made 100th vote for discy

Anyway...I like Discord because he's so unpredictable. Funny, even. I also like how he doesn't use logic but almost wins anyway.

I love it when I don't use logic but things turn out alright.

And he defies physics...

He has to be best villain.

• 4 months later...

Hi everypony!

I was just wondering who you think is the best or your favourite villain from all the series?

Mine has to be Discord, he is funny and I like that!  ^_^ Also, who do you think will be coming back in Season 4? Do you think Discord will go back evil for a while? King Sombra? Chrysalis? Maybe even Nightmare Moon?! That would actually be cool, but I'm not sure it's likely. I'd like to see King Sombra back, that has got to happen! 

Definitely Discord. He's just brilliant, I love his sarcasm and sense of humor. I really hope he'll become evil again in season 4, but I'm almost sure that won't happen. Chrysalis is great too.

For me its a tie between Sombra and Discord, Sombra was the only one who dint lose in a straight on fight but with tatics implying he too strong, also he was the only one who dint lose due to stupidity, he also was the most scary looking and evil. Discord on the other hand is like a kids show version of Joker or Q. Nuff said.

And for who should return. Well Discord at this point is good or inbetween. Chrysalis returned in the comic and Theres a rumor NMN will, even though its said not the same NMN. So Sombra should return the most. His horn is still there so theres a chance

i agree discord is my favorite villain cause of his pranks on the mane 6 

followed by nightmare moon 

king sombra barely did anything in the crystal empire episode so i think he deserves to some back to make up for that

i also like and idea i read in a fimfic where Chrysalis and sombra team up and return to take revenge on the mane 6

This is a tough one...

Luna - By far, a major favourite character, though not always as the villian.

She wasn't the most capable of villians to be considered, but the fact she INSTANTLY understood the weaknesses of each of the particular ponies(by challenging them in order) is something I found quite impressive.

Discord - Probably the most crafty schemer amongst the current list of villians. Intelligent, but slightly careless.

Discord resembles a skilled prankster of a kid who understands everyone else before he does himself.

One of the more 'skilful' villians, for sure.

Sombra - The staple of all the current villians. A shadow remnant of a once-almighty being who seeks his revenge.

Even in his most weakened state, he had enough power to overtake all of Equestria, had he not been foiled.

A clean-cut villian with many mysteries to be answered.

Chrysalis - A more 'motherly' type of villian compared to the others, but, one that is clearly capable of trickeries and has the potential to be stronger than probably everypony existing in Equestria.

Like Discord, she was also the type to underestimate others, thinking she knows others too well.

Alicorn Trixie - Not a true villian, so I won't count her.

----------------------------

My greatest villian vote, goes to Sombra, for the reasons listed above.

Discord comes in at a close second, not for lack of power and brilliance. However, unlike Sombra, Discord has several emotional weaknesses and a lack of consideration for most others.

(this lack of consideration lead to his defeat by the Mane 6)

Chrysalis takes third. A villian with an idealistic cause and a purpose to strive for.

Her potential ability and skill at hypnosis(?) make her a difficult foe to oppose were she a bit more considerate. 

(same situational weakness as Discord, for now)

Edited by Sunset Spark

Before he reformed I would definitely have said Discord, he broke the mane 6, turned Ponyville into the chaos capital of Equestria and he is completely hilarious. Queen Chysalis deceived everypony by impersonating Cadence and slowly draining Shining Armor to weaken him to where he could no longer hold the spell protecting Canterlot it was only Twilight who knew something was off that ever suspected anything.

Silly. Everypony knows Discord is obviously BEST villain because he is so epic.

And everypony knows that King Sombra is worst villain.

Done.

King sombra enslaved an entire kingdom in seconds while fighting two alicorns. Gave it a spell that couldnt be broken in 1000 years.

Atleast he was the smartest villain

King Sombra. He was the most demonic character in the show. It's a bummer they didn't expand on him more. Perhaps he'll reappear in s4? We've seen that his horn has survived the explosion (I think) It might still carry his essence.

Oh and he kinda reminds me of Aku with his corrupted crystals. 

Hi everypony!

I was just wondering who you think is the best or your favourite villain from all the series?

Mine has to be Discord, he is funny and I like that!  ^_^ Also, who do you think will be coming back in Season 4? Do you think Discord will go back evil for a while? King Sombra? Chrysalis? Maybe even Nightmare Moon?! That would actually be cool, but I'm not sure it's likely. I'd like to see King Sombra back, that has got to happen! 

Seeing as we already possess a topic talking about your favorite/best villain so far, I've merged your thread 'Best Villain?' with 'Favorite villain so far?'.

They all had their good points but the one that had the best presentation, best intro an overall gave that sweet cruel and evil feeling was Chrysalis. Nothing says more than someone that could shove dirt up your face and ruin you than her.