Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite Main Villain?  

490 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Main Villain?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Chrysalis
    • King Sombra
    • Nightmare Rarity
    • Tirek
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • The Dazzlings
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Principal Cinch
    • Midnight Sparkle
    • Gaia Everfree (Gloriosa)
    • Juniper Montage
    • The Storm King
    • Tempest Shadow
    • The Pony of Shadows/Stygian
    • Cozy Glow
    • Wallflower Blush
    • Vignette Valencia
  2. 2. Who is/are your favorite lower level antagonists?

• Trixie
    • Gilda
    • Flim/Flam
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon
    • Ahuizotl
    • Lightning Dust
    • Other (please specify with a comment )
    • Suri Polomare
    • The Mane-iac
    • Chancellor Neighsay

I have to go with discord on villian but with hopes that something is done with king sombra, his design and evilness are just too cool looking to be done with, and minor Antagonist gotta go diamond dogs only cause i'm a fan of David Bowie

You know what, I used to prefer Discord over Chrysalis, but between what happened to him in Season 3, and the first four issues of the comic, I gotta say I'm swayed over to the Changeling queen.  She's so deliciously charismatic (her half of the This Day aria is a *great* villain song)  and is very clearly, unrepentantly evil, especially in the comics.  Her lack of patience with the CMC in the comics is so funny, but at the same time it kinda goes darker too, as she and her changelings find this town full of critters who just love, and you see what would have happened to Canterlot had she succeeded. 

And her design- I love it!  Sort of like a cross between a dead tree, a dead horse, and an insect.  They somehow managed to make her look really elegant, and yet disgusting at the same time. 

So much fun to see her whenever she's around. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

though by my signature and avatar i don't think anyone will have a problem seeing who i voted for, i chose Nightmare Moon because shes awesome and wanted to bring on eternal night, something i would do if i had that kind of power,and because she is Luna's dark side. Trixie was my second choice because who doesn't love the great and powerful Trixie.wink.png

Edited by Spacetoasty

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, Discord can change the time of day with a snap of his fingers. He can use a hand on his tail to turn beavers into killing machines. Not even Nightmare Moon (Luna) has ever done THAT. So, Discord all the way for me.

(edited)

My favorite main villain is definitely Discord. The way he talks and acts is so likable yet for his namesake he must be evil and ruin other's lives. That's a cool dynamic. Also Trixie is my favorite lower level (I guess) villain. :3

Edited by Pegasus Device

Sombra's my favourite. Discord's cool too.

Anyways, I don't get how people say that Chrysalis is a good villain. She is a demonstrable idiot, her plan was good, I can agree, but the way she executed it was terrible. Let me explain:

1- She could've lied and said that she remembered Twilight, as well as not being nasty to everypony, so Twilight wouldn't have any suspicion.

2-Ok let me get this straight. She trapped Twilight into the cave beneath Canterlot after she apologized with her. What was the point in that? If Twilight apologized to Chrysalis that meant that she actually came into the idea that the fake Cadance was just stressed due to her wedding. Chrysalis couldl've just accepted Twilight apologies and then Twi wouldn't have freed the real Cadence and thus  Chrysalis would have won. Didn't she think of that?

3-After challenging Celestia she seemed surprised about the fact that she defeated the ruler of Equestria, so we must assume that defeating Celestia wasn't her main plan. What was it then? Pretending to be Cadence forever? No! 'Cause her army was already attacking the shield.

4-She stood there and did nothing when Cadence and Shining were using the power of love to defeat her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

which of the magnificent villains of equestria is the best? please explain why you think that:

discord is best

sombra is best

chrysalis is best

nightmare moon is best

sunset shimmer is best

gilda is best

celestia is a villain

Edited by pinkiepool

Discord is certainly my favorite, just because I like his sense of humor the most :P

Plus hes very spontaneous and random and is just flat out hilarious at times :D

He looks quite random to, and hes voiced by John De Lancie.

So yeah Discord wins in my book.

• Brohoof 2

i (don't kill me) personally (don't kill me) think (don't kill me) discord (don't kill me) is (don't kill me) overrated (don't kill me)

chrysalis had way more as a villain, and is therefore my choise. 

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I like Nightmare Moon the best because of her story.

Discord is overrated. Chrysalis is a great villain but not very smart. Sombra could be a great villain if he ever gets a character. Sunset Shimmer is an interesting villain, but too annoying. And I wouldn't classify Gilda or Celestia as a villain.

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

Asking for best villain.... No Great and Powerful Trixie option. Of course Trixie isn't technically a villain. She was the villain or antagonist of her episodes, but wasn't really evil so she I guess wouldn't fall under the category of villains. I guess it's the same with Babs Seed, also the villain or antagonist of her episode, yet not really evil so not a villain.

Anyways, with that out of the way, I guess out of those up there Discord was best villain. I mean out of all the villains he did get the most episodes. He's my favorite villain (Of those up there that is) mainly because of how awesome he was. I mean he made Eqestria whacked up, and nearly destroyed the elements of Harmony. No other villain can live up to that (Except for Trixie because Trixie is epic!). Not to mention he just looks really awesome and has some of the best lines in the entire show, and he can make chocolate rain. CHOCOLATE RAIN!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I personally believe that Discord is the best villan. Chaotic Evil characters are usually boring, but for some reason Discord's sadistic nature was - for some odd reason - entertaining. If anything, I liked him better as a bad guy than a converted good guy. Much more potential, especially for a more interesting storyline.

You hear me @~Chaotic Discord~? Discord is best villan! laugh.png

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Normally I would choose Discord, BUT I don't consider Discord a true villain. If this were a poll regarding best antagonist however, well things would be quite different. img-1597682-1-img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Chrysalis gets my vote as best villain. She managed to best the Mane 6 nearly twice, neutralizing the Elements of Harmony, defeated Celestia in a head on duel, and she has true drive and motivation. For the sake of argument, Discord may be vastly more powerful than Chrysalis, but he really didn't behave like a villain and have a set goal. He just trolled the hell outta Ponyville and Equestria. Chrysalis sought to do more than feed the changelings, she nearly conquered Canterlot and single handily assembled and commanded an army that all that decimated Equestria's capital.

Plus Discord willingly converted to "good guys" side. Also I have my suspicions that Discord deliberately allowed himself to be turned back into stone by the Mane 6, but that's another topic for another thread.

Edited by Cwanky
  • Brohoof 3

My favorite used to be Discord, but now is he second due to a pretty new character. Sunset Shimmer.

Yes, I chose Sunset Shimmer over Discord. Please don't hurt me. At least allow me to explain.

While Discord is very entertaining and funny, and a good villain overall, I chose Sunset Shimmer for a couple reasons. First off, my main reason. She really interests me. I guess I like her not because of what character she is now (don't get me wrong; I still like her character now), I really like what kind of character Sunset Shimmer could become. She has such an interesting backstory that I would love to see put into more depth and detail (an episode, perhaps?) And I like how she was a student who went bad because she didn't get what she wanted quick enough. That is fascinating to me and I would love to her backstory in an episode or movie or something.

Second, I love her color scheme. It looks so nice and the mane is wonderful too.

So yeah, those are the reasons I chose her.

• Brohoof 2

which of the magnificent villains of equestria is the best? please explain why you think that:

'Best' and 'Favorite' are synonymous of one another, and thusly, I've merged your topic, 'best villain' with 'Favorite villain/antagonist so far?' :3

I personally like Discord. He has the most unique personality of all the antagonists thus far. His character development has been superb. I'm hoping to see him make more appearances in future episodes as an antagonist, but we'll see.

(edited)

I chose Nightmare Moon for main antagonist and my other for lesser is Discord. I didn't how to arrange then considering ones kinda dead and the other is a good guy (most of the time... lol) I decided a "dead" villian is more of a villian than a converted one (I'm looking forward to what they do with him :) ).

'Best' and 'Favorite' are synonymous of one another, and thusly, I've merged your topic, 'best villain' with 'Favorite villain/antagonist so far?' :3

(I don't like this side of myself but I won't sleep if I don't post this...)

Not really. Here's an example I loved pissing off my history teacher with (HUGE! Cowboys fan). The Dallas Cowboys are by no means, the best team in the Super Bowl, but many people consider them their favorite team in it.

Edited by TheBreech

My favourite villing was Nightmare Moon I loved how she attacked her own sister and was seeking revenge on the ponies that hated the night. I also loved Chrysalis and how she was so dedicated to over come the kingdom and how she tricked everyone that she was the real Cadence 

(I don't like this side of myself but I won't sleep if I don't post this...)

Not really. Here's an example I loved pissing off my history teacher with (HUGE! Cowboys fan). The Dallas Cowboys are by no means, the best team in the Super Bowl, but many people consider them their favorite team in it.

:P You can find a counter-argument example for anything if you look hard enough, but for our purposes, there's little difference as far as discussion goes x3

:P You can find a counter-argument example for anything if you look hard enough, but for our purposes, there's little difference as far as discussion goes x3

Lol, very true. Like I said, a small and very annoying part of me wouldn't let that go so I had to say it. Idk what time zone you live in but my clock says 12:11 so good night man (or really good morning XD )

And by antagonist I do mean somepony who was deliberately doing things that brought harm to others, so the dragons in "Dragonshy" and "Owls Well That Ends Well" don't count.  Neither do the Parasprites, because they're just dumb animals.

Queen Chrysalis is my favorite.  No contest.

This is a tough one for me, but I think it would have to be Discord or Queen Chrysalis. Though of course, Queen Chrysalis was sort of ignorant of the personality of Cadance, which was her faulty part, and Discord sort of let the Mane 6 shoot at him, but they were both pretty good villains.

With Queen Chrysalis launching an all-out attack on Canterlot, and Discord messing up all of Equestria, they are probably the two best villains ;)