Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite Main Villain?  

490 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Main Villain?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Chrysalis
    • King Sombra
    • Nightmare Rarity
    • Tirek
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • The Dazzlings
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Principal Cinch
    • Midnight Sparkle
    • Gaia Everfree (Gloriosa)
    • Juniper Montage
    • The Storm King
    • Tempest Shadow
    • The Pony of Shadows/Stygian
    • Cozy Glow
    • Wallflower Blush
    • Vignette Valencia
  2. 2. Who is/are your favorite lower level antagonists?

• Trixie
    • Gilda
    • Flim/Flam
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon
    • Ahuizotl
    • Lightning Dust
    • Other (please specify with a comment )
    • Suri Polomare
    • The Mane-iac
    • Chancellor Neighsay

Discord was my favorite while he still was a villain, so he's still getting my vote. Chrysalis comes in second there.

Trixie should've been left as an antagonist. So I'm voting for her too.

Also, shouldn't the poll be updated to include Sunset Shimmer, the Mane-iac, and some of the other antagonists we've gotten so far?

• 4 months later...

Wow... this is a tough question. But I would have to say either Queen Chrysalis or Discord. Discord cracks me up every time I see him on screen (although what he did in the recent finale is just insane...), and Chrysalis's design is just amazing (imo). I would have to say that I like Chrysalis just a tad bit more though... and my least favorite villain is Sombra for obvious reasons. XD

• Brohoof 1

, hello there :). Just letting you know that we already had a thread for talking about which MLP villains we like best, and that I've merged your thread with it to keep the discussion all in one place :)

For a big, dangerous, threatening villain I'd have to go with Discord. He has a fun personality, a great voice, and his trickstery nature made it fun to watch the Mane Six overcome his brainwashing and defeat him. I still consider The Return of Harmony to the best two parter for the Mane Six because he took care to mess with them all on a personal, creepy level.

Overall though, I might go with Lightning Dust. She's an interesting contrast to Rainbow Dash and a fun look at what happens when you chase your dreams to the expense of all else. She actually has many positive traits, so long as you have empathy and don't take them to the extreme. Lightning Dust however, is all about taking everything to the extreme :lol:. I'd be totally on board with her coming back.

Discord, hands down.  :P

I love all of the antagonists in this show, but Discord just seems to stand out more.

I also like Trixie, she sort of has more development then the others.

When's Tirek going to be added?

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Seems this whole thing wasn't up to date for Season 4. I added Tirek as an option, as well as Suri Polomare and The Mane-iac.

Feel free to mention me in a post, if there's ever a villain that needs to be added to the poll. This goes for anyone :)

I liked them all. Nightmare Moon was an excellent introduction to the series, Discord made for a great premiere and had extra impact because we had to wait a week between the first episode and the next, Queen Chrysalis had a kickass villain song, Sombra's deat hwas awesome, and Tirek was all-around badass.

I'm going to go with my top three as Discord, Chrysalis, and Tirek. Both season 2 villains were freaking awesome, and Tirek was just downright evil and everything a good fantasy bad guy should be.

My favorite low-level antagonist is probably Gilda or Diamond Tiara.

Funniest - Discord

Most competent - Sombra

Most effective - Tirek

---

When it comes to "lower level antagonists" I like the fact most of M6 got their own, personal nemesis. Trixie/Sunset (TS), Suri (Rare), Flim&Flam (AJ) , Glda (PP), Lightning Dust (RD) and perhaps even Garble for Spike. Now if we can get a legit villain for Fluttershy in Season 5...

• Brohoof 1

My favourite villain is Tirek. I love how he can steal magic from other ponies. I also love how Tirek makes a return from G1. :>

Also, I wouldn't really call Lightning Dust an antagonist. Her actions were reckless, but she didn't have any motives to harm anypony. Just my thoughts. -3-

My favourite villain is Tirek. I love how he can steal magic from other ponies. I also love how Tirek makes a return from G1. :>

Also, I wouldn't really call Lightning Dust an antagonist. Her actions were reckless, but she didn't have any motives to harm anypony. Just my thoughts. -3-

A lot of folks have been saying that Lightning Dust isn't an antagonist, but she really is. Her intentions did harm ponies, especially during that relay where she was getting aggravated about the ponies in front of her being so slow. They sped up and knocked them out of the way, and Lightning Dust was perfectly fine with that.

Worst of all, Lightning Dust brushed it off when Rainbow Dash pointed out that the tornado they created almost killed her friends. Lightning Dust acted like it was no big deal and then proceeded to try and get a hoofbump. Of course, when Rainbow Dash pointed that out, Lightning Dust played her power and tried to shove the fact that she was lead pony in Rainbow's face.

She seems pretty antagonistic to me. I'm not going to say she's evil, maybe just misguided, but she's definitely an antagonist.

All that being said, she's awesome and she's up there in my favorite characters, so none of this is said with any hatred toward her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Absolutely Sombra, there is something really cool about popping out of nowhere, having 20 seconds of screen time and getting defeated.

Or maybe because I feel sorry for him.

And Trixie, because Trixie.

Edited by Jessper

• 1 month later...

I LOVE Discord, he is my alltime fave villian! And by villian, it can be ponies like The Great And Powerful Trixie, Sunset Shimmer, and Diamond Tiara. I don't really consider Silver Spoon as a villian bc she really is nice but i feel like she is afraid to be herself.

• Brohoof 1

QUEEN CHRYSALIS DUH!!! Because she is the only villain that methodically closed every escape method of the characters and did this all by herself. Didn't need no Discord like Tirek did... didn't need to drag the protagonist into a world without magic... did actually do things co-operating with her subjects unlike Nightmare Moon that did everything alone or the rest of the villains... Actually went toe to toe with Celestia and WON even though she was fed on just one stallion. Unlike King Sombra she went and tore the barrier from the INSIDE OUT like every villain should do with barriers.

Tirek by far. Seriously badass. I loved the previous gens anyway so seeing an old villain revived was brilliant.

• Brohoof 1

@@Armin, He was badass because of the confrontation that he had with Twilight. I agree if you like those kind of confrontations ((and i was glad we were given such a chance with Tirek)) then indeed Tirek was awesome. However you cannot simply compare him to other villains because of that... simply because you can't i believe. In any case i would have liked to see the characterization he got into villains like Chrysalis. Seriously tho we don't know anything about villains in the past in the case of Chrysalis just saying. It was done well with Tirek. But why did he want to rule Equestria in the first place? Just saying... 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As BA as Twilights fight was with Tirek was... I actually didn't care much for his character, thought they diverged a bit to much from the original

Crys was good and makes best spy but alas she has just as many holes on her plans as is herself

Discord was one of my faves until Flutters stuck his nads in a glass jar over her fireplace. But he's JDL and I still like him

Sombra is one id love to see more of, he didn't need to say anything... the absolute ,terror of those who were under his rule spoke volumes.

And then there's Nightma... i mean... EVILUNA!!! Mmuuhhahahaha! (Fear and love our mighty princess of the night).... (forever!)

Edited by Argumedies