Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite Main Villain?  

490 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Main Villain?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Chrysalis
    • King Sombra
    • Nightmare Rarity
    • Tirek
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • The Dazzlings
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Principal Cinch
    • Midnight Sparkle
    • Gaia Everfree (Gloriosa)
    • Juniper Montage
    • The Storm King
    • Tempest Shadow
    • The Pony of Shadows/Stygian
    • Cozy Glow
    • Wallflower Blush
    • Vignette Valencia
  2. 2. Who is/are your favorite lower level antagonists?

• Trixie
    • Gilda
    • Flim/Flam
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon
    • Ahuizotl
    • Lightning Dust
    • Other (please specify with a comment )
    • Suri Polomare
    • The Mane-iac
    • Chancellor Neighsay

Why isn't starlight glimmer a choice :/ anyway for me it goes

Main villians:

1: Starlight Glimmer

2: Discord(evil version)

Secondary villians:

1: Flim and Flam

2: Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon

Starlight Glimmer for being very intimidating while being the most "normal" looking villain. 

• Brohoof 1

Starlight Glimmer for being very intimidating while being the most "normal" looking villain. 

Speaking of Starlight she has now been added to the poll. :)

Also, Sombra is now in third. B)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Discord in my opinion, is simply the best villain My Little Pony will ever have (And now he can be a very important ally for the Mane 6 in their future adventures). All the villains are serious and they want to achieve something. Either it is making the night last forever or enslaving crystal ponies but Discord? He's more like the Joker. He does it for the Lulz.

Edited by The Awesome One

no villian has standed out to me in particular besides Sunset Shimmer who was to me a decent villian but now i think it goes to Starlight a more 'less' obvious villian because her motives are shrouded in mystery...

I didn't think anypony could replace Nightmare Moon as my favorite villain, but four premieres later, lo and behold...

po1360%20%20starlight_glimmer_by_jadedjy

A fanatical, unstable dictator and beautiful to boot. Madame Nhu, eat your heart out!  :wub:

• Brohoof 3

I like Tirek, wanted a great villian in season 4 and got one. I said wanted a villian that like one in G1. I feel writers heard me. Also like two member of Dazzling, Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze. And seem glowing to like Starlight Glimmer.

(edited)

Out of all the villains we've had so far, I would have to say Tirek. His design was interesting and the way he did things against the ponies and Discord was insane. 

Edited by Kyubiki Tenchu

Discord is my favorite villain, but I also really like the story behind Nightmare Moon.  Had her personality been more fleshed out and she wasn't beaten so easily, she would definitely be at the top of my list.

I LOVE Starlight Glimmer... she's just so DIFFERENT from the other villains! And also I find myself constantly re-watching the scene where she tells Twilight to shut up.

Even though I'm not crazy about the morals of the Flim Flam brothers episodes, I love their songs and they're just very upbeat, fun villains to watch that, in my opinion, are really well-designed. But I do also really like Trixie.

My favorite is still Discord, cause one, he's got the most personality out of any villain we've seen on the show to date, he's very cunning and he's the only one to attack the Mane 6 on a personal level.  All the other villains never really focus on the Mane 6, at best only dealing with Twilight until the big climax. Discord on the other hand, interacted with all the Mane 6 and that's part of what made him arguably the most successful villain in the show. 

Lower level antagonists would be Flim Flam for me (they are pretty much my favorites  :wub:)

I like Chrysalis because she's classy and was pretty scary as Cadence. She got me lose so much trust in the character Cadence that I still didn't believe the real Cadence was Cadence in the crystal mines.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Midnight Sparkle and Principal Cinch added the villains poll; make your votes heard! :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

King Sombra!!!

Discord is funny and all (and I liked his first episode), but he isn't all that intimidating to be an epic villain. So that puts him near the bottom of my list.  

...I mean, this is pretty epic:

king_sombra_by_cmaggot-d5kpe62.jpg

Edited by Elemental Fluttershy

Discord is my favourite its his I really dont care attitude I mean in most places where you see him he just dont care he Is always doing something that physicaly shouldnt work

My favorite villain is Starlight Glimmer because of how sinister she is and how close to real life her brainwashing methods are. My favorite minor antagonist would probably be Trixie, but I don't feel that strongly about minor villains anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Every villain and how I  feel  about them (in order from best to worst)

Queen Chrysalis

I don't need a villain with a tragic back story, not saying they're bad, but Chrysalis impresses me with her dark and grotesque presence. I really think the changelings have tons of potential for this show, they're essentially the ant-ponies. I still love Canterlot Wedding to this day, even though many people like to diss that episode for the dumbest reasons. In my opinion she is the most dangerous villain. Chrysalis affected Twilight's family over any other villain. Cadence , Shining Armor and Celestia were defeated by her and Twilight failed to stop her, that's an excellent villain if I have ever seen one. Also  the fact Kathleen Barr voices Kevin and Marie Kanker from  Ed, Edd and Eddy is a personal bias of mine. Currently she is an active villain not being used, and she might have the potential to come back in season 6 or the movie.

Adagio Dazzle

She really does the same thing as Chrysalis, But she carries around her goons. She was only in one movie and I think  that's all we will see from her. Maybe I am just in love with the sirens as creatures. Also Twilight couldn't stop them, she needed Sunset's help. 

Tirek

I don't need to explain much, amazing design and is essentially the devil looking figure. This guy is truly the demon lord of Equestria and the season 4 finale proved how dangerous this monster is when he's fully powered. I feel like he was Sombra done right, because he had a brief back story/origin story with his brother Scorpan. Makes him interesting and you wonder if he has some care for his family. 

Sombra

Not really that interesting for me. Aside from Discord he is the most overrated villain. I know he has his fans. But the season 3 opener just didn't really make me too enthralled with him. If he does return, they need to give him  a good story. I viewed him as 'Lord Sauron if he were an MLP character. Not being too harsh here. He does have positives, he was able to really put the pressure down on Twilight during her hallucination. I just think he needed to he explored more.

Nightmare Moon

I like Luna, but NMM doesn't do it for me. First villain, so I can be easy on her. I can only say that Luna is what makes her interesting. I am more interested with Luna(Post Nightmare Moon) than Nightmare Moon as a character on her own. 

Starlight Glimmer

I don't hate her as much as I used to. I just find her reason for what she was doing to be incredibly lazy. Also that she is a retcon of Sunset Shimmer doesn't help much either. The season 5 opener was controversial involving an equality cult. I am not bashing on that aspect of the opener. I was ok with Starlight in the season 5 opener, but the season finale really made me dislike her.

Discord 

I view him more as a trouble maker, I don't think he was ever evil and that's why he's low on the list. Not because he sucks, just because I am making a villain list. His reformation makes sense, because with someone as powerful as him.. He needs friends and a meaning to life outside of his abilities.

For the longest time it was Sombra and he still holds a place in my heart. For one thing being of the same archetype as Lord Sauron scores massive points in my book as a Tolkien fan. As well as being a villain who's menace wasn't diminished the more we found out about him in the episodes and comics.

Now though, that spot safely goes to Tirek. I was a young and impressionable fan of Escape from Midnight Castle and Tirek is one of the all time MLP bad guys. I love it when people take older characters and properties and breath new life into them. Done well in The Force Awakens and in the person of Kylo Ren done not as well with Spectre and a certain older Bond villain I won't mention for fear of spoiling just in case. 

This whole show could be seen as an exercise in that principal but when they mine the canon for specific bits and put a new spin on them beyond plot device or toy sale, it really is a treat. Tirek was different than his original in some ways but in all the right ways. Starting off channeling Darth Sidious as a frail, whispering, but unsettling elder and ending as towering titan of hyper-masculine wrath.

On the subject of minor villains, Flim and Flam. Really kind of the opposite spectrum. For one thing the Music Man was an old favorite movie of mine so from the jaunty tune, striped vests, fast talking, and straw hats, I knew what they were near instantly. Must be said, I do like those uniquely Americana archetypes still get some time to shine and the Flim Flam brothers are always a welcome treat with their bizarre machines and Vaudevillian flair.

Edited by Steel Accord

My favorite villain would have to be Starlight Glimmer, even though I didn't really like the first and last episodes of S5.  The fact that she was able to manipulate so many ponies so easily is something that no other villain in MLP has done, which shows that she has extraordinary power beyond her magical abilities, making her story easier to apply in the real world.  Another thing that I enjoy about her is that unlike most villains, she didn't start out as a mysterious creature with immense power, but instead as an ordinary unicorn with a gift for magic, which makes her accomplishments even more impressive.  Her biggest flaw was her backstory, though there is most likely more to it than what she told Twilight in just two minutes.

• Brohoof 1