Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jayson Thiessen is stepping down as director for MLP's TV episodes. Thoughts?

1Bit

So Season 6 (and possibly any season's following it, if there are any others) will not be directed by Jayson as he begins work on the 2017 MLP Movie.

What are your guys thoughts on the matter? Do you think that they'll find someone good to replace him for S6 and beyond?

:D

• Brohoof 1

Huh.  First Meghan MCcarthy became head writer for Hasbro cartoons, then AKR leaves the show to write for Disney and now this happens.

A lot of staff seem to be moving on to other things.  I wonder if this means season 6 is the last and the movie will be the grand finale for FIM.

• Brohoof 2

I am not really seeing what is such a big deal about this. I mean he will still be working on MLP (just the movie).

Also i am sure whoever takes over will do just fine, really there is no one on MLP who I think does a bad job, so i think the quality will still be good. 

Really this makes me more excited then anything, it means the movie will be in good hands. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

Seeing how so many folks from Dhx are leaving, I wouldn't be surprised if season 6 is the final season and the series ends with the movie.

If so, 6 tv seasons, 143 tv episodes, 4 spinoff movies, countless comic issues and other books, a theaterical series finale movie, and lasting seven years is a good run for any tv series, let alone a cartoon to have as it hits the sweet spot for a series imo (5-7 seasons) where it lasts long enough to have a lasting impact while not overstaying it's welcome.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1