Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The ancient egyptian race

Lithophila

I've been very curious about this. Although i studied this since the movie came out which had controversial topics. But what people blame the movie "Gods of Egypt 2016" for in the trailer is the lack of black people. Although you shouldn't take it seriously since its a suprematic comment war in general on who is better than who. The problem i have is they don't discuss facts but rather tries to flame or hate on each other. Either way. I'll give my knowledge to what i know

Btw. To people who think race has to do with color, it doesn't : 3. Race is basically the structure of your head and nose. So caucasian can for example be white or black aswell, race is nothing about colors. Although people may assosiate it with color, just like a same race breed of dogs are not different dogs just because one has different color then others.

Now according to a map, caucasian covered "Europe, North Africa, Somalia, Middle East and some parts of Asia." Now checking out the hypotesis on race in Egypt, it was found closest in north sahara or south sahara i believe, Europeans, and i believe semitic tribes too.

So basically, no negro race. Now if some modern evidence proves me wrong then i am glad to hear it, but this is from recent wikipedia information atleast.

Source: "There is no scientific reason to believe that the primary ancestors of the Egyptian population emerged and evolved outside of northeast Africa.... The basic overall genetic profile of the modern population is consistent with the diversity of ancient populations that would have been indigenous to northeastern Africa and subject to the range of evolutionary influences over time, although researchers vary in the details of their explanations of those influences

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Egyptian_hypothesis#Position_of_modern_scholarship

bgQerdt.png

Carleton_Coon_races_after_Pleistocene.PN

And i also read a comment that Alexander the great conquered Egypt, so that is also one comment into it. Although i've heard from some egyptians though that the movie doesn't portray ancient Egypt correctly. But then again its hollywood :dash:

Edited by Lithophila

Race does exist. The homogeneous propaganda being pushed today is a lie.

It is scientifically proven that mankind descended from a single African ancestor (1). Technically, there is only varying degrees of black; not varying degrees of white as your chart suggests. To deny the existence the negroid race is to deny you're own point of origin. There would be no white race without the black race, because white skin was a genetic mutation (2). This is entirely factual. As in your dog analogy, their are different breed of dogs but all are still dogs. Likewise, there are different races but we are all equally human.

Now to the subject of Egypt. They were black people, because again, humankind is descended from an African ancestor. People wish to believe that Egypt is not a part of African, but it is. Due to the fact that the first humans were indeed black, they populated all of Africa. Have you ever wondered why many (if not all) of the sphinx of Egypt are missing their mouth and nose (picture 1, picture 2)? It is because they were blown off by excavators. Why? -- because they looked too black...look at the pictures again. The lips are thick and the nose is wide. People believe that Napoleon blew off the mouth and nose of the sphinxes, but it hasn't been entirely proven. The fact is, though: the were intentionally blown off.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging the existence of race. It doesn't make you racist to point out the facts. Black people were the originally inhibitors of Egypt, and black people were the original people. Despite the evidence for both, the latter is not debated in the scientific community. Even the History Channel did a documentary on it called in Search of Adam and basically said, yes, black people were the original people (3). They even drew what he likely looked like (if you want to skip there, start at 33:05).

I've written way more than I intended, so I'll stop. I hope that I presented a reasonable argument and that it was made clear. :)

Edited by Jaxsie

(edited)

Race does exist. The homogeneous propaganda being pushed today is a lie.

It is scientifically proven that mankind descended from a single African ancestor (1). Technically, there is only varying degrees of black; not varying degrees of white as your chart suggests. To deny the existence the negroid race is to deny you're own point of origin. There would be no white race without the black race, because white skin was a genetic mutation (2). This is entirely factual. As in your dog analogy, their are different breed of dogs but all are still dogs. Likewise, there are different races but we are all equally human.

I am not denying homo sapiens. But you gotta see the differences from when homo sapiens moved out of Africa, and then developed into their own differences. So i am not sure where you are going with that? But i am not denying that homo sapiens was a thing in the past(or present). The thing is climate changes and evolutionary changes more or less changes to afirm to the environment. Kinda like why Mongoloid race exists, like Asians and Native Americans.

But true. All are humans either way :twi:

Edited by Lithophila

(edited)

GOD created all men. most people think of adam as white but i don't see why. i don't think there is anything wrong with saying adam was black.

I wouldn't care if somebody would change skin tone or race in the case of that. Its an allegorical story, its not really ment to be literal in the sense of our understanding in this world. Although there were stuff in the bible that people used to justify racism during slavery in America, like the curse Noah put on "Ham" which some said is the father of the africans. Although he cursed Canaan instead, which are the pagans in the sense of the later stuff in the bible. History is pretty dark and real in a way.

Personally race to me, or people who argue for or against something is like people arguing who has the prettiest pen. "My blue pen is better than your green one". Its more or less tragic.

Edited by Lithophila

Well.. the ancient egyptians certainly were not "black". As far as I know, blacks are a more recent chain of evolution. What has to be remembered is that not all dark-skinned people are black. There are lots of groups in Africa that just are not recognised in the "black" generalisation, so for sake of the common use of that word, no, I doubt they were 

(edited)

Well.. the ancient egyptians certainly were not "black". As far as I know, blacks are a more recent chain of evolution. What has to be remembered is that not all dark-skinned people are black. There are lots of groups in Africa that just are not recognised in the "black" generalisation, so for sake of the common use of that word, no, I doubt they were 

It depends how you define it. Personally i think its silly calling a race a color, since color on your skin is affected by the climate environment so it has nothing to do with color when it comes to race. Although some would use the term black just because of how dark skinned they could be, afterall egyptians varied where some were tanned and some were this and that. But they don't belong to the negro race, which is more southern africa to say the least. Atleast according to what facts says atleast.

Edited by Lithophila

Because the Egyptians have a long and complicated ethnic history it is difficult to track them down to one particular ethnic group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_race_controversy

Considering their history they have come into contact and have had peoples of various ethnic origins intermix with them. Their ethnic origins are likely a mix of Afro-Asiatic influences with it being well documented that people from their southern neighbor Nubia (modern day Sudan) have settled there and there have even been some Nubian pharoahs at some point in Egyptian history. Semitic peoples such as the ancient Israelites have settled in Egypt and Egypt has been conquered the Greeks and then the Romans which likely mixed some European ancestry in there and were in more recent times conquered as part of the Ottoman Empire.

the movie is not about Egyptian history, its about its mythology. also i believe the first king of Egypt was a fallen angel and all pharaos after were his nephillim descendants B)

The first pharoah according to Egyptian mythology was Osiris actually who was betrayed and murdered by his brother the storm god Seth but was later resurrected to become the god of the underworld after his wife/sister Isis and the god of the dead/mummification Anubis found Osiris's dismembered corpse and successfully mummified him. The Egyptians believed that those who go through mummification go through the same journey that Osiris went through in the underworld to reach the afterlife which is either in the form of an idealized version of the Egypt itself or a more celestial existence among the very gods themselves.

Each individual going through the afterlife faces dangers which pose a threat even to the gods themselves, demons, monsters various natural and supernatural phenomenon's and a council of gods that judges the individuals deeds, someone being judged usually recites prayers and eventually has their heart weighed on a scale with a feather of the goddess of truth and justice Maat on the other side of the scale. If someone's heart was as light or lighter than the feather than they are vindicated and allowed to pass into the afterlife, if not than they are devoured by the demon Ammit who is a chimera like being who is part lion, part crocodile and part hippo.

• Brohoof 2

Because the Egyptians have a long and complicated ethnic history it is difficult to track them down to one particular ethnic group.

Considering their history they have come into contact and have had peoples of various ethnic origins intermix with them. Their ethnic origins are likely a mix of Afro-Asiatic influences with it being well documented that people from their southern neighbor Nubia (modern day Sudan) have settled there and there have even been some Nubian pharoahs at some point in Egyptian history. Semitic peoples such as the ancient Israelites have settled in Egypt and Egypt has been conquered the Greeks and then the Romans which likely mixed some European ancestry in there and were in more recent times conquered as part of the Ottoman Empire.

The first pharoah according to Egyptian mythology was Osiris actually who was betrayed and murdered by his brother the storm god Seth but was later resurrected to become the god of the underworld after his wife/sister Isis and the god of the dead/mummification Anubis found Osiris's dismembered corpse and successfully mummified him. The Egyptians believed that those who go through mummification go through the same journey that Osiris went through in the underworld to reach the afterlife which is either in the form of an idealized version of the Egypt itself or a more celestial existence among the very gods themselves.

Each individual going through the afterlife faces dangers which pose a threat even to the gods themselves, demons, monsters various natural and supernatural phenomenon's and a council of gods that judges the individuals deeds, someone being judged usually recites prayers and eventually has their heart weighed on a scale with a feather of the goddess of truth and justice Maat on the other side of the scale. If someone's heart was as light or lighter than the feather than they are vindicated and allowed to pass into the afterlife, if not than they are devoured by the demon Ammit who is a chimera like being who is part lion, part crocodile and part hippo.

i believe that the gods of mythology were real people, nephillim, born of a fallen angel and human, who were alive at some point in history, though there exploits have been blown out of proportion.

(edited)

Egypt has a rich cultural history, but i've heard claims of sudanese being taken into Egypt?. Which i would assume would be northern atleast. But where is the sources for it in terms of south Sudan?. Because i read this, and that's all the info i have. Either way interesting to know :twi:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_race_controversy#Position_of_modern_scholarship

In 2008, S. O. Y. Keita wrote "There is no scientific reason to believe that the primary ancestors of the Egyptian population emerged and evolved outside of northeast Africa.... The basic overall genetic profile of the modern population is consistent with the diversity of ancient populations that would have been indigenous to northeastern Africa and subject to the range of evolutionary influences over time, although researchers vary in the details of their explanations of those influences

Edited by Lithophila