Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Shining Armor be even more powerful than Celestia?

cider float

Since Chrysalis used his love for Cadence against Celestia and K.Oed her down, it's possible that Shining Armor can beat Celestia.

He did have a stronger version of Twilight's bubble spell which seems to be only used by him that was specifically needed by Celestia to protect her kingdom from outside forces, Twilight and later Cadence which can imply the bubble spell is characteristic only in their family.

There is a reason why he became the captain of her knight guard. It can be thought as Celestia is like King Arthur who was still a warrior but his champion was Lancelot who Shining Armor is like.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

Since Chrysalis used his love for Cadence against Celestia and K.Oed her down, it's possible that Shining Armor can beat Celestia.

He did have a stronger version of Twilight's bubble spell which seems to be only used by him that was specifically needed by Celestia to protect her kingdom from outside forces, Twilight and later Cadence which can imply the bubble spell is characteristic only in their family.

There is a reason why he became the captain of her knight guard. It can be thought as Celestia is like King Arthur who was still a warrior but his champion was Lancelot who Shining Armor is like.

In a straight up fight I think you are right, but I think Celestia could coax him into becoming too nervous to utilize powerful magic. Depends on specific scenario.

Twilight and later Cadence which can imply the bubble spell is characteristic only in their family.

Cadance is not related by blood to Twilight Sparkle's family and yet she can use the bubble spell, so it's not hereditary.

Every pony is specialized in something different. While Celestia has (Or more accurately, had) tremendous raw power, she mostly uses it to control the sun. Shining Armor is not as powerful, but is more talented at casting defensive magic.

Changelings convert love into power. While his love for Cadance is very strong, it is harmless by itself since he cannot harness its power like Chrysalis.

Edited by Manman20x6

um no. celestia is the most powerful pony in equestrian right now, though twilight should surpass her someday. he may be able to make really powerful force fields but celestia has thousands of years of mystic knowledge and the power to lift the sun.

Cadance is not related by blood to Twilight Sparkle's family and yet she can use the bubble spell, so it's not hereditary.

Every pony is specialized in something different. While Celestia has (Or more accurately, had) tremendous raw power, she mostly uses it to control the sun. Shining Armor is not as powerful, but is more talented at casting defensive magic.

Changelings convert love into power. While his love for Cadance is very strong, it is harmless by itself since he cannot harness its power like Chrysalis.

I wouldn't say he is more talented. if celestia wanted to she could make a force field just as powerful as his but she didn't because its his job. celestia raises the sun every morning which is why she has guards and servants to take care of things like force fields.

um no. celestia is the most powerful pony in equestrian right now

Actually, "Right now" she's pretty weak. At the end of season 4, she, Luna, and Cadance transferred all of their power into Twilight Sparkle. So Twilight is the most powerful pony, and the three other princesses are as powerful as a normal pony.

I wouldn't say he is more talented. if celestia wanted to she could make a force field just as powerful as his but she didn't because its his job. celestia raises the sun every morning which is why she has guards and servants to take care of things like force fields.

This is all speculation, but I think Shining Armor dedicated himself to mastering barrier magic. Maybe Celestia did, at some point in her long life, study these spells, but I doubt she took the time to master them like Shining.

Edited by Manman20x6

Actually, "Right now" she's pretty weak. At the end of season 4, she, Luna, and Cadance transferred all of their power into Twilight Sparkle. So Twilight is the most powerful pony, and the three other princesses are as powerful as a normal pony.

That power was returned to them and all the other ponies so she reacquired her power after that episode.

• Brohoof 1

don't tell me anything about season 5 cuz I haven't seen the finale but im pretty sure that the princesses got there power back after season 4.

I'm saying it's based on family not necessarily relative to blood. Cadance becoming her sister in law alone could of helped her gain the ability to use it.

Remember magic isn't necessarily based on genetics.

In addition to that that bubble could actually been something that was set up by Shining Armor prior and Cadance can only strengthen and maintain it but not recreate her own, that's what I think as her spells are mostly based on supporting other pony spells.

I also forgot to mention that Shining Armor's bubble could also open up a small crevice like a door enough for a train to pass through which is interesting. 

Edited by cider float

I'm saying it's based on family not necessarily relative to blood. Cadance becoming her sister in law alone could of helped her gain the ability to use it.

Remember magic isn't necessarily based on genetics.

In addition to that that bubble could actually been something that was set up by Shining Armor prior and Cadance can only strengthen and maintain it but not recreate her own, that's what I think as her spells are mostly based on supporting other pony spells.

I also forgot to mention that Shining Armor's bubble could also open up a small crevice like a door enough for a train to pass through which is interesting. 

the changelings can feed on love to make them stronger, like steroids. this does not mean that shining armour could beat celestia as no unicorn except maybe starswirl the bearded could defeat a alicorn in magical combat.

On 12/9/2015 at 9:45 PM, ASGARDIANBRONY said:

this does not mean that shining armour could beat celestia as no unicorn except maybe starswirl the bearded could defeat a alicorn in magical combat.

Additionally, it took her and Luna together just to hold Sombra back for 1,000 years -- and even then, he was able to reality-warp the whole Empire away in the process.

Edited by A.V.

Additionally, it took her and Luna together just to hold Sombra back for 1,000 years, and even then he was able to reality-warp the whole Empire away with him in the process.

they weren't holding him back the whole 1,000 years. the sisters locked him in ice and then left him, also it looked like they did it easily.

It is possible that Celestia lost most of her power when she used the element's of harmony on nightmare moon!! 

1: she can still move the sun but being her cutie mark it might be alot less exhausting then it is for most.

2:she made Twilight an alicorn but the celestial realm seems to be a dimension made of pure magic and might give anyone that power? (if they have the knowledge anyway)

3:she isn't seen using powerful magic that much after that and it might explain why she can't use the elements anymore as it might be too much for one person too bear?

but once again it's just a theory so take it lightly  

It is possible that Celestia lost most of her power when she used the element's of harmony on nightmare moon!! 

1: she can still move the sun but being her cutie mark it might be alot less exhausting then it is for most.

2:she made Twilight an alicorn but the celestial realm seems to be a dimension made of pure magic and might give anyone that power? (if they have the knowledge anyway)

3:she isn't seen using powerful magic that much after that and it might explain why she can't use the elements anymore as it might be too much for one person too bear?

but once again it's just a theory so take it lightly  

Most of Celestia's victories are from the Elements of Harmony. The only battle that is questionable is her and Luna vs. Sombra. She might have used it or not. But since the battle with Sombra was after Discord when they first discover the Elements of Harmony I'm assuming they did use it to defeat Sombra.

• Brohoof 1

celestia dose not fight much now because she runs the whole kingdom. shes like odin in marvel comics,she could go wipe out all her enemies, but she lets twilight do it because she doesn't have the time, plus she needs to keep up her strength to lift the sun. if she had to lift the sun and fight every single enemy that attacked equestria she would probably have to enter the celestia sleep or something. also celestia is letting twilight defeat all the monsters so she can unlock her true potential and succeed her as ruler someday.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/9/2015 at 9:56 PM, ASGARDIANBRONY said:

they weren't holding him back the whole 1,000 years. the sisters locked him in ice and then left him, also it looked like they did it easily.

"Hold Sombra back" was just a figure of speech, obviously.

And it only "looked like they did it easily" because Celestia had to show an abridged flashback due to time constraints (not to mention he was still able to cast a large-scale curse in the process).

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

I'd say this is stretching it a bit only because we don't know the extent of Shining's abilities. In fact, we have barely seen any of his abilities. He could be more proficient in defensive magic, like that bubble shield, so in combat he might not be able to defeat Celestia outright but rather just hold his own for a while.

Most of Celestia's victories are from the Elements of Harmony. The only battle that is questionable is her and Luna vs. Sombra. She might have used it or not. But since the battle with Sombra was after Discord when they first discover the Elements of Harmony I'm assuming they did use it to defeat Sombra.

Considering it still hasn't been confirmed nor denied if they used the Elements on him, it's still possible.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Sure, why not?

Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, Discord, Nightmare Moon and the Smooze have proven to be more powerful.

It's quite possible that Twilight Sparkle, Luna, Cadence, Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer and Shining Armor are able to outclass her. When this show told me anything about Celestia, it's her not being powerful. Everytime anyone says she is OP or even a deity, i wonder if we even watch the same thing.

• Brohoof 1

I highly doubt that, Shining Armor is considerably more powerful than your average unicorn there is no doubt about this and his military training has likely also afforded him considerable brute strength and endurance as well but Celestia is powerful enough to actually be able to move the sun and for the 1000 years Luna was on the moon moved the moon as well. It is true that Shining Armor can perform a powerful shield spell that even Celestia dosen't seem to know, but while that spell is incredibly powerful it is a defensive spell that would be very unlikely to be useful in actual combat (though it is likely he has other defensive spells that would be useful in combat) and take a significant strain on him. Celestia has access to magic that is restricted or even outright banned and while Shining Armor might have access to some of this magic as well, he probably dosen't have access to as much of it as Celestia.

I highly doubt that, Shining Armor is considerably more powerful than your average unicorn there is no doubt about this and his military training has likely also afforded him considerable brute strength and endurance as well but Celestia is powerful enough to actually be able to move the sun and for the 1000 years Luna was on the moon moved the moon as well. It is true that Shining Armor can perform a powerful shield spell that even Celestia dosen't seem to know, but while that spell is incredibly powerful it is a defensive spell that would be very unlikely to be useful in actual combat (though it is likely he has other defensive spells that would be useful in combat) and take a significant strain on him. Celestia has access to magic that is restricted or even outright banned and while Shining Armor might have access to some of this magic as well, he probably dosen't have access to as much of it as Celestia.

Also, Celestia has more battle experience, since she's older.