Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Military Bronys

countryman

I was a Cadet in the Air Force JROTC program at my school. I tried joing the Army, Marines, and Navy, but was denided by them all. Not even gonna bother trying the Air Force they'll just deny me too despite my JROTC training. Though at this point I lost all interest in joining the military. I'm sure somewhere here there is a soldier or citizen living there in Pearl Harbor.

I was a Cadet in the Air Force JROTC program at my school. I tried joing the Army, Marines, and Navy, but was denided by them all. Not even gonna bother trying the Air Force they'll just deny me too despite my JROTC training. Though at this point I lost all interest in joining the military. I'm sure somewhere here there is a soldier or citizen living there in Pearl Harbor.

Well for me, I enlisted in the United States Army, went to basic training but never made it all the way through. 

For those that read my status about me leaving for the military on the 20th of October, I only did 4 weeks because by that time I was having extreme back pain and my left shoulder couldn't handle the intensity of the PT we were doing along with the 50+ pounds of weight we carried constantly during some days of training for long distances.

The Drill Sergeants of my platoon basically found out from my comrades. They told them about what i was going through and then they sent me to sick call the next day and after being evaluated by the doctors from the TMC and the hospital I was at, they basically found my Scoliosis which is actually worse than it was prior. I have a 15 degree curve in the center of my spine and a 23 degree curve in my lower portion of my spine (lower back). I received a chapter 5-11 (which all you military people know what it is) which was also labeled as a EPTS because I was actually born with Scoliosis.

So, from November 11th through the 30th I was a Non Trainer, I was sent back to reception on the 23rd where I spent my thanksgiving at. Then I went home to Texas on the 30th.

You could technically say I was a military brony but nobody from my platoon knew I was. Well, except a couple of the good friends I made there.

I will NOT re-enlist for a number of reasons. However, I think about the people I left all the time. I'll get to hear from them this week because they're going on VBL (Victory block leave. Christmas leave) and see how they're doing. I don't want to go through the crap I went through again even though I did about half of BCT. (I was stationed at Fort Jackson, SC).

So, I'm just living life the hard way which is fine by me because I was kinda forced but also talked into getting in the military in the first place. Was a choice I didn't want to make.

I will still always have respect for the US Military and Thank anyone who was in the service, for their service because that's what Americans SHOULD do anyway.

For all you that are on the forums and are in the US Military (Serving or not currently serving, including retired) I thank you for your service.  :)

Much, Much respect. *Salutes*