Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cadence & Chrysalis Art Spotlight: SEASON FINALE SPECIAL!

Ezynell

(edited)

Good work, but in my opinion, something's a little wrong with Cadence's chin... That is, if you were trying to be show accurate.

It's nice but Cadence has a lil problem in her lower jaw. Other than that, the drawing is awesum :wub:

Yea, It's a little too far forward, here, I tried to fix it a bit.

post-466-0-02267000-1335297510_thumb.png

Shut up and take my money! This is really good. I wish I was this good at vector art.

Thanks, but this isn't vector art, It's just doodling :P

Edited by €ℨƴηℯłℓ
  • Brohoof 2

O_O what...

Vectoring is more bordering in a fashion that tracks points, not pixels, so the image you draw can be shrunken or grown unlimited times. Doodling is just... drawing :P

• Brohoof 1

Vectoring is more bordering in a fashion that tracks points, not pixels, so the image you draw can be shrunken or grown unlimited times. Doodling is just... drawing :P

Ok, I just thought you were a god of doodling for a second. xD

(edited)

This is really neat, but would you mind terribly if I offered a little constructive criticism?

Not at all, that's what it's here for! I'm only an amateur after all, there's still a bunch of artists just on these forums I look up to!

Posted Image

QQ, do you use anything to draw with, like a Bamboo pad?

Eeyup. When I was looking for a tablet to draw with, I thought not having a screen on the tablet would make it unbelievably difficult to draw with, quite the contrary however. I would highly recommend the Wacom Bamboo Connect, not only is the sensitivity function (it can sense and calibrate to where your pen is when you hover it over the pad) amazing, but It's durable, lasting, and reasonably cheap. Plus it's easy to pick up and use, I started drawing with it within 30 minutes of it arriving at my house.

Edited by €ℨƴηℯłℓ
  • Brohoof 1

Eeyup. When I was looking for a tablet to draw with, I thought not having a screen on the tablet would make it unbelievably difficult to draw with, quite the contrary however. I would highly recommend the Wacom Bamboo Connect, not only is the sensitivity function (it can sense and calibrate to where your pen is when you hover it over the pad) amazing, but It's durable, lasting, and reasonably cheap. Plus it's easy to pick up and use, I started drawing with it within 30 minutes of it arriving at my house.

That makes sense. I am using that exact tablet, but my work has been fruitless. The only good stuff I've done with it was when I drew it on paper first, and then taped the paper to the tablet and outlined it from there. Even then it wasn't that good xD.

Edited by WingedRatchet

That makes sense. I am using that exact tablet, but my work has been fruitless. The only good stuff I've done with it was when I drew it on paper first, and then taped the paper to the tablet and outlined it from there. Even then it wasn't that good xD.

You need to try out Paint Tool SAI (the software I used in the speedpaint), it's really easy to learn, and the Stabilizer function saves lives. That's what makes the lines come out so smooth.

• Brohoof 1

Not at all, that's what it's here for! I'm only an amateur after all, there's still a bunch of artists just on these forums I look up to!

I feel like this could be a far more powerful piece if you tweaked their eyes a bit. It would be best to move that strand of Queen Chrysalis's hair so you could see her eye, and Cadence doesn't even look like she's looking at Chrysalis. It looks more like she's glaring at the space beside her head.

If you made their eye contact more obvious, it would be far more intense.

You need to try out Paint Tool SAI (the software I used in the speedpaint), it's really easy to learn, and the Stabilizer function saves lives. That's what makes the lines come out so smooth.

I've been using Flash animator, given I would like to make some short clips, but flash shows no mercy :lol: It does some smoothing, and even straightening when I ask it too, but it isn't very compatible with the tablet. I will have to try your program and see if it is better. No doubt it is better, I mean, look at what you've made

Edited by WingedRatchet

I feel like this could be a far more powerful piece if you tweaked their eyes a bit. It would be best to move that strand of Queen Chrysalis's hair so you could see her eye, and Cadence doesn't even look like she's looking at Chrysalis. It looks more like she's glaring at the space beside her head.

If you made their eye contact more obvious, it would be far more intense.

I meant it to be more of Cadence being 'dominated' over by Chrysalis, but I definitely see what you mean. Lemmie take it into SAI again and see what I can do.

Arrgh, I went in to do a bit of manual fixing, and got the gist of it a bit. It's so hard to calibrate eye size and still make sure they fit in the allotted area. Maybe next time I'll just make the sockets a hollow area with a backdrop. Here's what I could get, I think I made the eyes point a little too high.

post-466-0-30775200-1335320236_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2