No G4 sequel. A possible Daring Do cartoon?

TheMarkz0ne

Does anyone think the premise of Daring Do could stand on it's own while referencing FiM? I actually would love to see Daring get her own series if we never get a sequel to G4. It would be like Buzz Lightyear of Star Command in the sense of being a spin off of a successful show/movie.

• Brohoof 3

It could, and it might even be the right time for it. That type of adventure series becomes popular on something of a cycle, and it might have rolled around again. 

Mind you, the adventure stories of MLP itself seem a touch weak compared to the slice-of-life ones on average, so the current writing staff of MLP might not be the best choice for the spin-off.

• Brohoof 2

ConsoleSig4.png

This is something I could see having a lot of potential actually. It could be a series that focuses entirely on adventurous concepts and it could be a neat little expansion of the FiM lore. Daring Do could explore so many places that maybe we haven't seen but heard of. Consider me supportive of this one. 

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

Eh I don't feel Daring Do is the right spin off for MLP. I mean if I never heard of MLP and started watching a Daring Do spin off I wouldn't find it very appealing in other words not a good show to pick up new viewers might be more for a show for some bronies. I'd rather it be an Indiana Jones knock off cartoon with actual humans set in the real world where we got our history involved with the archaeological adventures to give that sense of relative material. 

sig-33597.sig-33597.o1kum.gif

I'd totally be down for that.

I'm not a medical expert, psychologist, psychiatrist, teacher or love doctor. Take my words with a pinch of salt, yeah?

I am an experienced cook, musician and care worker though, so that's something.

YES. YEEEEEEEEES. OMG YES!!

ShadO neeeeeeeds this...  :wub:

EDIT: Then again it would be frustrating to have it pop up and conflict with all the work I've been putting into my own Daring Do stuff... Then again, AGAIN... there can never be too much Ahuizotl screen time... HMMM... ShadOZotl is conflicted...

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Signature_Forums.png.dd2a654d7faa42c09ea06c44865a3c2a.png

Check out my artwork any time: http://shadobabe.deviantart.com/
"OMG; You are such a troll. XD" - PathfinderCS

Honestly, I don't see how it could work. By the time FiM is over, the target audience will probably be older and unless they're extremely into it, they most likely will lose interest in the ponies and find a new show. The generation to come might not have seen any of FiM and won't understand it.

I guess it just depends on when FiM ends exactly. If it's sometime soon, it might have potential. But if it's a long time from now, the target audience will most likely be a whole new generation and they won't get the references like we do. Also, of the Daring Do spin-off is made a few years after FiM, the new generation of kids won't understand it.

When FiM ends, it might just be time for G5 to come rather than a G4 spin-off series.

JIS0uKV.jpg

I doubt it would happen, maybe another Daring Doo episode, but a spin-off is not likely, es PhotoEquestria stated, by the time it happens, the target audience will be even older than now if we take into account if any of the target audience since the show began are still watching poneh in the first place :huh:

Besides, aren't the books enough? We got three, and I heard they're pretty good  :squee:

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

Nope. There is little you can do with an Indiana Jones spoof. I mean watching a boring character get in danger can only be interesting so many times. 

Edited by chirox the pony
  • Brohoof 1

No matter how hard I try these ponies will simply never leave me.