Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Far From Home (RP)

EQ_Theta

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/145218-far-from-home-ooc/#entry4315525

The day had finally arrived. Celestia's plan for a gathering for everyone within and beyond Equestria had come to fruition. A good section of Canterlot's paved streets and the central square were populated with stalls containing the wares of ponies, griffons, and more. It didn't take much for the curious minds of the citizens of Equestria to converge on Canterlot's streets to see what's new, even the Canterlot elite would admit to have their curiosity piqued. This is the Canterlot Culture Fair. 

Passing by a cake shop on the way to the center of town, the longma Senlin had his eyes firmly set on the fairgrounds. It was the place everyone went to find something exotic, something special. Though the thoughts of finding an exquisite ornament or two to take home was tempting, he had something... or someone else in mind. He was there hoping to find someone. 

(summer talks like this Scarlet like this. Same goes for thought to avoid confusion hopefuly) 

"Now come along Summer there are too many ponies here that could by out my supplies for a year or more."

"yes I know sis, just your being mean to me."

Scarlet turns to her sister. "I know i'm sorry but you know this is Important."

"yeah I know."

They both continue to their stall, it's not like the others around but they were not there to sell small amounts of things.

(edited)

Plenty of things around here to make Lin enamoured. Hoping she could be here because this is the kind of place she'd be interested in. Where are you, sister?

Though Senlin had his own thoughts about the fair itself, or rather its awkward placement along some busy streets, he couldn't resist making some side comments about the vendors' lineup of goods. He heard about some of Griffonstone's scones being a sought-after food item in Canterlot. Tempting thoughts filled his mind but only had enough bits for a few meals and some outdoors supplies before he'd go back to picking up loose bits off the ground. It really put a damper on his already strange appearance. Right now, he'd was more of an attraction that everyone would look at but would keep their distance, like some circus freak. Still, there was no reason to at least look like someone interested in what everyone was putting on their stalls. 

The longma came across a stall selling just what he'd been thinking since he first arrived: Griffonstone scones. Again, tempting but he was only there to peruse. He did notice two ponies pass him by but he didn't pay too much of their conversation in mind. If they were there to sell something, then maybe he might run into them later on. Right now, he simply immersed himself like all the other fairgoers. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

Among the many vendors and booths, one tricolored pony was happy to set up his own. It was an honor to represent a foreign part of the world. Normally, Samurai Equine would be dressed in armor, ready to defend the needs of his people or obey whatever Celestia calls him to do. But Equestria is normally at peace, and this is one of those times where he can show off how great his part of Equestria really is.

His booth is bustling with all kinds of things! From arms and sacred items native to his part of the world, to the latest in electronics and entertainment, to exotic foods most ponies in Canterlot don't get to see. "Irasshaimase! Hajimemashite! Come one, come all, to the Japon Cultural Booth! Come try our Veggie Sushi, now serving our one-time special the Canterlot Roll! Perhaps try some hot ramen, or a a plate of yakisoba. Many food options to try! We also have lots of goods for you to go home and enjoy. And remember, everyone gets a free baby koi fish! Take one home as a pet!"

Oh yes, today is going to be the day that Samurai Equine was going to impress, even if he had to SING in his native language!

(edited)

@@Samurai Equine

Aside from the food items and stone sculptures, nothing interested Senlin at the Griffonstone stall. He turned to a distant stall with the vendor yelling things with a foreign language. He approached this booth, a representative of a place called "Japon." 

Interesting...

"Hi there! You really serious with this? A pet to go with or without a purchase?" Senlin was dumbfounded but it may just be the hospitality of this pony that could explain this. It was strange to say the least.

Edited by EQ_Theta

"Hai hai!" Samurai is more than happy to show Senlin his variety of koi fish. They come in colors of red, orange, yellow, white, silver, black, blue, purple, and any spotted mix of those colors. The fish bowls they are in are very standard, but each fish does get a decorative little torii gate to swim around. "Feel free to pick one. I'll also give you some food so that you can feed it for a month. I really hope they all go to a good home."

Edited by Samurai Equine

(edited)

@@Samurai Equine

Senlin smiled at the prospect of bringing home a pet but he wouldn't know what to do with it other than give it some food. He didn't have the room to carry the fish wherever he went and there was very little chance that he'd find Lin and go home. 

"Thank you but I can't accept it. It might be detrimental for them in the long run since I probably won't be heading home once this fair is over. I came here to look for someone. Well, since we're here, you wouldn't have seen someone who looks identical to me? Brown hide, scaly, two stubs on the head? Maybe not in the fair but around town?"

Edited by EQ_Theta

Travelture stood outside the fair, watching everyone, he took a deep breath and changed his form into a white male unicorn. He walked into the fair and looked around, a little nervous about the creatures he passed. As he was walking, he levitated his map and a writing utensil, and started marking the map, every so often would look up to see where he was going

@@reader8363

It wasn't exactly how Night Eyes would picture his day going: sent by headmaster to go around the fair and help with logistics. It got the pegasus to move around a bit outside of his usual post in the observatory but the sunlight was painful to his eyes what with them being adjusted for nighttime observations. He had his way of dealing with it, though, by using his wings as a visor and hiding his eyes, along with most of his face, in the shade.

Well, at least there is some benefit to this. I get to try foreign foodstuffs and see the world in one convenient place... Still, hoping I could get through these next few days.

His eyes wandered around, scanning each stall and thinking about how to go around the place in a possibly systematic manner, but they were too slow to react. He bumped head-first into a unicorn holding a map. Well, one who was holding a map.

"Ugh... I'm terribly sorry about that."

@@EQ_Theta,

Travelture said as he looked up and put the map away,

"Um, it's fine. So may I ask you are from or what part you have of the festival?"

He rubbed his hind legs together and looked glance at his body to see if the disguise was still on him. He sighed when he saw it was.

@@reader8363,

"I... Well... I don't have a stall. I'm here supervising and running 'logistics', or so says headmaster who I'm fairly certain just wants me to get out of the observatory for a while and doubt has direct contact with Princess Celestia on the matter."

The pegasus reached out his right hoof towards the unicorn in uncommon fashion around Canterlot; most ponies don't usually shake hooves around town. 

"I'm Night Eyes. I work at the local observatory though I'm really a student who needs some on-the-job training. What's your name?" 

@@EQ_Theta

Travelture shook Night's hoof and said, 

"My name is Travelture Balland. I travel around. That doesn't sound fun, to watch ponies when you don't want to."

I wonder if these ponies would be fine with my true self. Without noticing what he was doing, his horn lit up and his legs slowly turned, starting at the bottom, to their original color

@@reader8363

It was no unicorn parlor trick, whatever Night Eyes was seeing. Travelture was no unicorn either and while the pegasus was still left stunned by what had just transpired, there was the ever looming fear that other ponies might have seen the creature that was Travelture. 

"You... You're a changeling?" Night Eyes had a look around and all the while, everyone's eyes were directed at them. He quickly whispered to Travelture: "between you and me, I don't know if everyone else is fine with seeing a changeling in public. I don't mind but everyone might so we have two options. We either fake a scenario with me chasing you into the alley behind me and I pretend to find your unicorn cover when you change appearance or we test the waters and see if anypony might call the royal guard. If it's the latter, I'll cover you when things go south. Your call." 

@@EQ_Theta,

Travelture looked confused and looked at his legs. He jumped, then sighed and said, 

"I guess I shouldn't hide it, and I'm not a changeling."

He shed the disguise, the white skin turned dark grey, the only white was on the back in the shape of ribs, and his horn changed into a changeling horn.

"Truth be told, I don't know what I am."

(edited)

@@reader8363,

"I got freaked out there for a moment. I assumed you were one because you had similar abilities and the horn was like a changeling's. I guess you could say the same about everyone else at Canterlot. There was a changeling invasion here a while back and let's just say it was more than just a traumatic experience."

Now that the misunderstanding was more or less cleared, the crowds dissipated and returned to what they were doing though going by what Night Eyes was seeing, they were still suspicious and those within close proximity kept a close watch. 

"I'll tell you what, let's have a walk around and I'll get you something to make up for that misunderstanding." 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@EQ_Theta

Travelture smiled and said as he followed Night. 

"Ok. Another thing that's different is that I don't need love, so I can have anything and not be weak without it, but I might have some changeling in me. I heard about the invasion, I wasn't here for it. From what I heard, it was scary for everyone. So you live here?

(edited)

@@reader8363

"Yes but I wasn't born here. I was originally from Cloudsdale but my family insisted on moving to Canterlot for a big business opportunity. I missed the Changeling invasion but I shudder to think what would have happened if I was there."

Night Eyes eased his way around the crowds and wandered around the town square and examining each stall for something that could impress Travelture. It wasn't the easiest thing to do now that he realized he didn't know anything about his companion other than the ability to change forms. 

"I've been meaning to ask you something. Could you tell me more about yourself?" 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@EQ_Theta

Travelture got worried but didn't show it. He decided to stick with basic stuff. He said, 

"I grew up around Equestria, born in a wasteland, and basically don't have any family or anyone to tell me what I am, but on the bright side, I made a few friends.

Then he looked down and muttered to himself

"And probably lost them as well."

(edited)

@@reader8363
@,

"Maybe it might not be so bad this time around. I could probably strike up a conversation with a pony or two around and introduce you to them. We could both use the company of friends and this looks like a good place to start." 

And just then, Night Eyes spotted two ponies around the fairgrounds, a duo comprised of a pegasus and an earth pony. He wasn't the best at staring out a conversation when he had to purposefully do it but he had to at least give it a try.

"Hi there! You both run a stall here or are you just having a look around the fair?" 

Night Eyes now hoped his first attempt at casual communication in a long time doesn't end badly this time. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@EQ_Theta

Summer turned to the dragon like creature. "Um I don't but my sister does." gesturing to Scarlet.

Scarlet was giving him an eye over with hoof her hoof to her chin, "what are you?"

Summer looked at her sister with some shock, "Scarlet that was very rude!"

Scarlet waved off her sister, still waiting on an answer.

@@reader8363
@,

"Maybe it might not be so bad this time around. I could probably strike up a conversation with a pony or two around and introduce you to them. We could both use the company of friends and this looks like a good place to start. 

And just then, Night Eyes spotted two ponies around the fairgrounds, a duo comprised of a pegasus and an earth pony. He wasn't the best at staring out a conversation when he had to purposefully do it but he had to at least give it a try.

"Hi there! You both run a stall here or are you just having a look around the fair?" 

Night Eyes now hoped his first attempt at casual communication in a long time doesn't end badly this time. 

(The friend on the phone won't appear again I promise it's just a opening thing)

@@EQ_Theta

Travelture got worried but didn't show it. He decided to stick with basic stuff. He said, 

"I grew up around Equestria, born in a wasteland, and basically don't have any family or anyone to tell me what I am, but on the bright side, I made a few friends.

Then he looked down and muttered to himself

"And probably lost them as well."

Gem was excited as he walked into the fair talking to his friend on the phone

He didn't know what to think but soon he was back on track talking to his friend why he was even going in the first place.

"Why are you going again? Isn't it just a bunch of people in one place arguing over the pricing of items"

"Ah it's more than that. It consists of people all over the world even outside a Equestria....... This is a perfect opportunity to get loads of rare materials for my weapon enchantment......"

"But prices will be through the roof are you sure you can afford that" 

"Of course I can afford it............Weapon Enchantment pays well as you know" Gem mutters (I'm just lucky I have connections with the Equestrian army........They pay a very good amount for each single weapon............A little too well actually) 

"What mostly worrying me is that you said you would be avoiding griffins......Isn't that a bit racist"

"I already told you this it has nothing to do with the fact they are griffins. It just it is so easy to get the items they sell myself that I do not need to buy off of them. No I want to buy things from outside Equestria from places where I cannot go..........Well I gotta go" 
as he ends the phone call and starts to look around he notices a unicorn who seemed to have a very nervous looking stance. Almost like he was uncomfortable about something. 

Just being curious he walks up to him and says "Are you all right? You look nervous............Last night I was nervous as well. So many people of different races in one place there would have to fights right? Until I realized that this is the Celestia Trade Fair and any one is welcome. But anyway more Importantly My name is Gem Sharpener, Sorry for breaking up your conversation I just thought you looked too nervous. And thought that there might be something wrong"
Edited by Ink-Brony

@,

Travelture jumped and his horn started to glow. After a  minute or two, he calmed down and said, 

"um Hello, Gem Sharpener. My name is Travelture Balland. Just nervous about someone learning a lot about my past, but other than that, no, nothing else is wrong."

@,

Travelture jumped and his horn started to glow. After a  minute or two, he calmed down and said, 

"um Hello, Gem Sharpener. My name is Travelture Balland. Just nervous about someone learning a lot about my past, but other than that, no, nothing else is wrong."

Gem laughed and patted his back "Don't worry your past is in the past it's time to have fun just be you. Know if anything goes wrong people like me are here for you" He then proceeded to turn around and decided to ask a question "How bad can your past be anyway. There are some many villains in history that were reformed and accepted almost instantly for turning a new leaf. I'm sure no one will mind if you do the right things."

Edited by Ink-Brony

@,

Travelture said as he scratch his back legs together.

"My past bring misfortune to anyone that knows too much about me, I have seen it happen everywhere I went. If I recall, I've been to 3/4 of Equestria."
he turned around and saw that his cutie mark wasn't there. He cursed at himself for forgetting to apply it to his disguise. 

@

"Glad to see another friendly face around these parts. I'm Night Eyes from the Canterlot Observatory. How are you doing today?"

If anything was apparent that day, it was Night Eyes being more open and less reserved than usual. Then again, he didn't trust too many ponies during his stay in school or in the observatory. It was much less tense than worrying about whoever is going to make him regret opening his mouth when he had something to get off his mind.