Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Mechquestria: System Reboot

Denim&Venöm

(edited)

Dunno how many people care to read statuses, but let's just say my grandma has been in a really bad state lately. She is very old and her mind is going. She has been insisting she doesn't want to eat or drink and it's becoming so bad we need to hospitalize her to have them force her. Mom and I have been very sad and depressed lately. I'm trying to bury in RP to feel better so I can take my mind off it and finally getting to posting.

I'm going to be sporadic and maybe random in delays, just FYI. I check notifications and get on at least daily, but if I'm feeling particularly bad that will create delays.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's it, I'm out. I'm done tap-dancing around all the god modding going on here. I've been trying to AVOID this ridiculous "super powered super intelligent robot gods who are centuries old and SOMEHOW super technologically advanced and can do anything they want to anyone anywhere at any time" deal.

I mean, what the actual FUCK do you all expect any other character to be able to contribute? Hmm? What, pray tell, is the point of being in this game if there is LITERALLY nothing anyone can do?

As much fun as "desperately trying to think of ANY fucking way to not get dragged into this" is... well it isn't. At all. Nor is it fun being one of maybe three characters that ISN'T "ancient-immortal-and somehow simultaneously super advanced because reasons nobody really bothers explaining". I was under the impression this was a slice of life RP, not a superpowers or mechas or whatever end-of-the-world battle robot thing, like Big O or Pacific Rim.

Peace out y'all.

(edited)

@@captainborgue,

Dude, I'm trying to get us back on that track. Give us some more time. Bronislav, Mentis & I have talked this out, and we are making the move back to SOL.  And if it helps, the amount of god tier bots is gonna go down shortly. I have plans for this, new characters I want to introduce. Old ones I want brought back. And they don't exactly have a place in the current story. Which is why I want to wrap this arc up. Minimize Twi's involvement. Get Luster back on a level playing field with Everypony else. Padding out these climactic battles with more stuff like campus shenanigans, like romances, like arguing with teachers over semantics, like frat parties, like intellectual discussions over individuality in the cyberized world,  like 12 pages about tooth brushing. That was fun wasn't it? 

If something in my post (I presume it was my post) was the final straw, I'll change it. Luster does not have to be there. I thought it woudl be a good idea that she be involved in yours, Rand & Slavs side story. I'm willing to retract that. 

We're making the move now. It's no longer fun. I see that. Let me, the Co-GM, fix that. 

Also, I nerfed most of my last post if it'll help things. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

I redacted my last post in an effort to be conciliatory, and someone fucking reported it. I don't know who, and I am trying not to assume hostility, but that is- to be completely blunt- bullshit.

So since apparently it is against the rules to redact a post, someone do me a favor and delete it.

I redacted my last post in an effort to be conciliatory, and someone fucking reported it. I don't know who, and I am trying not to assume hostility, but that is- to be completely blunt- bullshit.

So since apparently it is against the rules to redact a post, someone do me a favor and delete it.

Thank you for coming back Cap. Seriously. Dunno who would report your post, but the post seems to be gone now so same outcome I guess.

The transfer procedure doesn't have to be permanent or fatal to the organic, but Grant is kind of in bad shape anyway so pretty sure it would only work for him once and then his body would give out even if it didn't succeed. So however you feel like doing that, but Lab is describing her way of doing it. Assume there's multiple methods, and the characters just have to choose one that everyone can agree on.

@@captainborgue

Definable was not me. You had a right to be upset. 

An update on the Bancolt front.  It seems to me that Luster has been rejected.

Believe me, I'm well aware. Two things you can do before you give up. Ask for help making revisions and what/how they want to see changed, or use the Mk 6 and work up to the 7 or higher. It's not unusual for characters to get stronger over time as development happens.

Alternatively, you can make her have a more tame mode and an Op mode. Have your cake and eat it too.

Luster can fit in IMHO.

I think I've reported once and that post was made by a troll so not me either, maybe someone who is reading the story?

Thank you for coming back Cap. Seriously. Dunno who would report your post, but the post seems to be gone now so same outcome I guess.

The transfer procedure doesn't have to be permanent or fatal to the organic, but Grant is kind of in bad shape anyway so pretty sure it would only work for him once and then his body would give out even if it didn't succeed. So however you feel like doing that, but Lab is describing her way of doing it. Assume there's multiple methods, and the characters just have to choose one that everyone can agree on.

Actually comma the one that came up with is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Yes. I think that it makes perfect sense that it would be a one-way trip, especially given Grant's health, and I had some ideas about how the Terran side would have to construct some device/technological doodad, while the Equestrian side had some kind of magical thingie.

What do you think, @Randimaxis?

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

I've just been slow. There's not a lot Emerald and Lektra can really do besides watch. It's basically all on you Denim to conclude this so we can get to the sequel.

Lektra is just going to slow clap then wait for Twilight to remember with spells disabled conventional weapons is still a thing

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

I've just been slow. There's not a lot Emerald and Lektra can really do besides watch. It's basically all on you Denim to conclude this so we can get to the sequel.

Lektra is just going to slow clap then wait for Twilight to remember with spells disabled conventional weapons is still a thing

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

So would you both prefer it if I just concluded the fight in one massive text wall of a post?   

• Brohoof 1

Actually that would be lovely, then throw mentions at everyone who ever joined that we'll be moving to a sequel shortly if they'd like to join that. Maybe make an epilogue after that post too, before we move to that.

That's my thoughts. What do you think Mentis?

Actually that would be lovely, then throw mentions at everyone who ever joined that we'll be moving to a sequel shortly if they'd like to join that. Maybe make an epilogue after that post too, before we move to that.

That's my thoughts. What do you think Mentis?

Alright. Maybe I can run the synopsis by you, see which parts I can cut out? Kinda had the ending fight structured in parts. 

@@captainborgue,

So Bronislav and I are working to wrap the current Mechquestria up so we can move onto the more SOL sequel. The trouble is figuring out how to proceed w/ Luster after she's beaten, and how that will tie into your and Rand's idea for Project Luminous.

The idea is for Luster to be transferred to an organic body as penance. Can the project be adjusted for that?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@Techno Universal,

I'm gonna have to say no to that. We've already established that future Equestria is ruled by Robo-Twilight and that advancements in technology were done via application of magic to human science. Plus I'm not sure how he'd fit into the more SOL direction we'll be heading in with the sequel we're doing. But if you have any characters that would fit into or around a futuristic college setting you're welcome to apply once this RP is finished up."

@@Techno Universal,

I'm gonna have to say no to that. We've already established that future Equestria is ruled by Robo-Twilight and that advancements in technology were done via application of magic to human science. Plus I'm not sure how he'd fit into the more SOL direction we'll be heading in with the sequel we're doing. But if you have any characters that would fit into or around a futuristic college setting you're welcome to apply once this RP is finished up."

he infact did buld up equestria into "future equestria" to try and protect the ponies from Herobrien as he was soon going to attack equestria. Techno Universal also already built a future city on another world where ponies and humans live together.

(It's a future storyline of my oc. That's why it's not in my characters backstory. But it may be updated in the future.)

It's a future storyline of my oc. That's why it's not in my characters backstory. But it may be updated in the future.

I see what you did there.....

The fact still stands that this doesn't at all mesh with what's already been established and the GM has told you so.

Edited by bronislav84