Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

B.B.B.F.F vs. This Day Aria vs. Love is in Bloom

Titan Rising

B.B.B.F.F vs. This Day Aria vs. Love is in Bloom  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Which of the following was your favorite song in the finale?

• B.B.B.F.F
    • This Day Aria
    • Love is in Bloom

For me it has to be (in order):

B.B.B.F.F. - Sweet, cheery, touching, and that ending? Yummy!

This Day Aria - As everypony said, this song is awesome, and I'm not surprised that it's winning in the polls.

Love is in Bloom - It pains me to admit that this is a song Twilight sung that is my least favorite of the three.

This Day Aria. But Love is in Bloom is also good and I can't wait to hear the extended version. However, I don't like B.B.B.F.F. at all.

Edited by Emerald Flame

I really like This Day Aria. :) It's a beautiful song, and kinda has that sort of Disney feel. I'm actually thinking of finding another pegasister to do this as a duet with me for the school talent show next year. B.B.B.F.F. is a nice song as well, but it doesn't really compare to This Day Aria to me.

In my opinion, "This Day Aria" is far better. Don't get me wrong, I love the other songs, but I felt "Love is in Bloom" was repetitive. Very catchy, but repetitive. And "B.B.B.F.F" just didn't really appeal to me as such a casual tune made the Twilight-Shining Armor relationship seem insignificant and needed actual dialogue and interaction throughout the episode(s) to actually show the sibling relationship. Other songs made me understand the situation and it's significance. For example, "Smile smile smile," or "Special somepony," or "Winter Wrap Up."

P.S For the people saying "This Day Aria" had a Disney feel to it, I hope you're talking about The Little Mermaid, because that's what that song reminded me of almost immediately.

Edited by Prince Dusk
  • Brohoof 1

I loved all of the finale songs. I prefer "This Day Aria" I it seemed more powerful and deep. Manly tears were almost shed when Cadence was singing about how much she loved Shining Armor and trying with all her remaining strength to push the mine cart to save Shining Armor

DITTO. That part right there gets me every time (I can't count how many times I've watched it... in-episode and just-song-on-youtube).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm honestly not surprised to see "This Day Aria" has the most votes, and I will say that as far as musical quality goes, it probably was the best of the three songs in the wedding episode. However, "B.B.B.F.F." is still my favorite simply because, well, I am a B.B.B.F.F., and with my lil sis graduating from high school this year, IDK, the song just really struck home to me at just how special a big brother-little sister relationship is. For me, it was just a really special song that really hit at home, and I loved it, though I do wish it had been a little longer. :wub:

"This Day Aria" was still absolutely amazing!!! Like I said though, "B.B.B.F.F." was just such a relateable song for me. I also liked "Love Is In Bloom," but it was definitely my third favorite out of all three.

Edited by Batbrony

BBBFF has a special place in my heart. I could relate so much. I immediately fell in love with it and listening to the song makes me want to call my BSBFF. :*(

Love is in Bloom is my favorite... The moment I heard it, I pretty much became addicted to it... I now listen to the Archie Remix ALL THE TIME! On repeat, all night, and day if it's a weekend. The beat, the lyrics (which I've memorized... So that I can sing along...) and the tune... It's just so good!

This Day Aria is so catchy

I'm honestly not surprised to see "This Day Aria" has the most votes, and I will say that as far as musical quality goes, it probably was the best of the three songs in the wedding episode. However, "B.B.B.F.F." is still my favorite simply because, well, I am a B.B.B.F.F., and with my lil sis graduating from high school this year, IDK, the song just really struck home to me at just how special a big brother-little sister relationship is. For me, it was just a really special song that really hit at home, and I loved it, though I do wish it had been a little longer. :wub:

"This Day Aria" was still absolutely amazing!!! Like I said though, "B.B.B.F.F." was just such a relateable song for me. I also liked "Love Is In Bloom," but it was definitely my third favorite out of all three.

g*dd*mm*t, now i want a little sister :/
  • Brohoof 1

I have to go with "This Day Aria". Everything about it was amazing. The composition, the execution, and even just the lyrics gave me shivers. Never before has a song in a cartoon given me shivers.

I still love the other songs, though. "B.B.B.F.F" means a lot to me, seeing as I'm a big brother myself. And "Love is In Bloom" was the perfect end to an awesome episode, and an amazing season. Both are very formidable songs, but "This Day Aria" takes the cake for me.

This Day Aria is overrated in my opinion. Good song, but I feel like far too much of the fanbase orgasm over it and put it at the top without weighing it with all the other songs a bit more. I just don't see how it's the best, I guess~

BBBFF for me. It reminds me of me and my sister. We're not as close as Twi and Armor, but it still reminds me of us, and the song is cute.

Easily This Day Aria! It's got the dramatic melody and beautifully woven contrast between the real Cadance and Changeling!Cadance. It really reminded me of the great Disney Renaissance and Broadway songs from the past due to the drama and lack of two-beat-to-climax repetition, and the lines were very well-written and organized.

Smile, Smile, Smile, you made a great run, but This Day Aria eclipsed you as best song in the show. :P

Out of the three This Day Aria just blew me away. I absolutely loved it. BBBFF is in second and Love is in Bloom at a distant third. I just thought that This Day Aria brought a new element of drama to the show that never really existed before. It also was one of the only songs in the entire series that was in a minor key, which is always more interesting to listen to than a major key (personal bias there). As for the other two I did love BBBFF's message and just the pleasant and joyful feelings one gets with a sibling. Love is in Bloom was definitely a good song and ended the season on a high note (both literally and figuratively) but it just didn't do it for me. Nothing against Daniel Ingram or anyone, but that's my opinion.

My opinion is BBBFF. But that is because my big brother is graduating from college this year and I miss him a lot. The song really struck home. I did however post it on his fb wall... I'm sorry but This Day Aria didn't strike home as much as BBBFF even if it may be a better quality song.

My favorite part from all 3: BBBFF- the short yet very sad and moving reprise; This Day Aria- pretty much all of it; Love is in Bloom- the piano intro before it 'officially' starts

• Brohoof 1