Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

B.B.B.F.F vs. This Day Aria vs. Love is in Bloom

Titan Rising

B.B.B.F.F vs. This Day Aria vs. Love is in Bloom  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Which of the following was your favorite song in the finale?

• B.B.B.F.F
    • This Day Aria
    • Love is in Bloom

Oh man i'd by lying if I said I preferred B.B.B.F.F. , But I really really really enjoyed This Day Aria, I absolutely love when villains have a song in a show or movie, to me it just seems so passionate to me because they convey their whole plan and how much they worked to just get one perfect chance to ruin someones life, so much planning, so much care and nurture for a plan that they held on to for so long. GAH, I love it!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not rooting for the villain to win, it's just so much emotion that a really really good villain has that gets my attention. I think this is why MLP:FiM's villains have been so successful, They're only around for an episode or two yet they have such great ambitions and are so well written that they always get a great response from the fan base! I mean I don't think any of you can say that "Oh, Discord/NightMare Moon/Chrysalis was terribly written, I don't know why they even put her/him in there" because they're all amazing! I'm most excited though because this is the fist villain that gets her song, and it's so well sung and in such a beautiful voice :wub:

Dafuq? No love for 'Love Is In Bloom'? That was my fav! :blink:

Sorry I keep forgetting about that one lol, even compared to the other two its really short. It is another really beautiful song though

This day aria, because I love epic Disney-style villain songs and Cadence has a great singing voice.

BBBFF was frickin' cute as hell though.

Maybe there should be a poll here? Anyways, when I first heard This Day Aria, I couldn't help but think 'this song is going to be perfect,' and it was! B) That said, I do also like BBBFF and Love is in Bloom... The finale was so full of great music.

Good idea! Poll added!
  • Brohoof 1

This Day Aria is not only the best song amongst the trio, but eclipsed The Smile Song as best song in the show, period! It has a majestic Disney-like quality in its tone and musical prowess. Very dramatic and moving. And excellent contrast between villain!Cadance and real!Candance.
  • Brohoof 1

B.B.B.F.F. had... almost a tune similar to Winter Wrap Up. Or maybe I was hearing things. But if I'm correct, that took it down a bit for me. Love is in Bloom was cute too, but This Day Aria is simply memorable and lovely.

This Day Aria, by far. It's by far the most dramatic song in MLP history, in turn expressing treachery, despair, triumph, haste, and love.

As great as BBBFF is, it just can't compare. It is my second favorite, though, since I'm not a huge fun of poppy songs like Love Is In Bloom.

• Brohoof 1

This Day Aria.

It's the best aria I've ever heard sung in English (although there aren't very many of those, at least when considering the Romance languages...). It's also the only aria (defined as a single voice singing with musical accompaniment) that had two roles in it, as there can only be one voice. What's more, this is not due to a low-budget production that just had one singer, but instead the plotline (Cadence/her clone) actually made the nature of the aria work.

What's more, I think "This Day Aria" is a good example of how opera can be made to work with not just the English language, but with American culture and influence. That is, it becomes more Broadway-esque: There is little repetition in the lyrics, which try to aid comprehension of the story. In traditional opera long arias are simply artistic, they do not significantly add (except with displays of emotion) to the libretto. The whole style of "This Day Aria", from the way the lyrics were written, to Cadence/Chrysalis' acting, to the way Brittany McKillip (Cadence's VA) sang the piece, evokes Broadway, but the influence of opera is very strong, down to the song's very name. And it is for these reasons that it gets my vote.

And all this from a "children's show"...

• Brohoof 3