Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Blue Steel (OOC)

Drago Ryder

The year is 2039. Much of the Earth's coast has been flooded due to global warming. Resources are becoming scarce and governments are becoming more wary of each other. Things only got worse when mysterious warships,confirmed and dubbed before hand as the fleet of fog, appeared in oceans all over the world. They blockaded trade routes, cut underwater communication lines, destroyed the navies of every nation in the world, essentially cuting off any countries that were separated by a large body of water. As for the ships themselves, they have the same appearance as WW II, but have very advanced weapon and defensive systems. That was ten years ago. Now, the fleet of fog has become stronger, making human avatars for most of their ships in an attempt to discover more diverse tactics. Humanity has also become desperate for any way to take back their oceans and destroy the fog.

Character Submission form example

Name:Blitz Ryu

Personality: On an emotional level, Blitz is reserved to say the least. This is more of a control than anything else. When he loses his temper, Blitz becomes very ruthless and acts like a completely different person. He is also very intelligent. Despite this, he is a risk taker, willing to gamble in order to get the best outcome. He also values his friends and their opinions.

Appearance:Blitz stands at 5' 9" with chin length Black hair. His bangs end just above his eyes and he normally wears a two piece suit with a red shirt and blue tie.

Backstory: Blitz was born in the city of Neo Tokyo in the year 2022, ten years before the fleet of fog surfaced. The city itself was basically a more developed version of Tokyo and was built after the original was flooded. It was a standard city, but was unique in the fact that it housed a maritime academy. As for his family, Blitz's father left for unknown circumstances when the fog fleet showed up and his mother raised him on her own. Aside from that, the boy led a normal life. His fascinations, however, include the fleet of fog and warships in general. He would spend most days on top of a hill near his home that overlooked the ocean, imagining sailing on his own ship. When he was old enough, he became enrolled in the maritime academy

Rules

Aside from the forum global rules, this is a human rp.

Characters

1.Blitz Ryu

2.Kyubi Yamato

3.Amina Aqua

Note: This is based off the anime, Arpeggio of Blue Steel. If you want to join, I suggest watching at least the first few episodes. You can get it on Netflix and possibly online.

RP:https://mlpforums.com/topic/147034-blue-steel/

Edited by Drago Ryder

Huh, a naval action type RP. Sounds interesting.

Name: Kyubi Yamato.

Personality: Kyubi tends to be optimistic in most situations, and is also somewhat shy unless she's around friends. She is also able to keep calm under pressure.

Appearance: (Look at attached image)

Backstory. Kyubi was born 10 years before the fleet of fog appeared in the town of Yokosuka. Her family was one of the few that stayed after the appearance of the fog ships and attended school when she was old enough. She made excellent grades, but was never very sociable. It wasn't until she was a student at a maritime academy that she became interested in the fog fleet and their intentions.

post-18467-0-25969100-1454694716_thumb.jpeg

Huh, a naval action type RP. Sounds interesting.

Name: Kyubi Yamato.

Personality: Kyubi tends to be optimistic in most situations, and is also somewhat shy unless she's around friends. She is also able to keep calm under pressure.

Appearance: (Look at attached image)

Backstory. Kyubi was born 10 years before the fleet of fog appeared in the town of Yokosuka. Her family was one of the few that stayed after the appearance of the fog ships and attended school when she was old enough. She made excellent grades, but was never very sociable. It wasn't until she was a student at a maritime academy that she became interested in the fog fleet and their intentions.

Accepted

In an attempt to get more people interested, I'll be retracting the rule about fog characters. That being said, I'll start up the rp tomorrow at 9:00, central time, if no one else signs up. I will still be taking applications, though.

@@Drago Ryder, I got my trusty Kissanime, so i'm good :3 @@Drago Ryder, Ok i got some questions. Are we going to be on one of those ships as a crew? And how is this RP supposed to be played out?

For your first question, yes. Every character made here will end up on the same ship in some way. As for the second, I figured we could make situations up as time went on. We'll certainly have encounters with the fog fleet and considering what will happen during the RP, some factions in major governments may interfere.

Name: Amina Aqua

Personality: Full of adventure lust, and very playfull. Amina is a very casual person, and doesn't really care for things like manners and stuff. She doesn't mind doing the dirty work, and despite her tomboyish appearance, is very girly. She absolutely adores the sea, and would rather give up her life then not being able to sail, or swim anymore. Amina is a hardwoker at heart, and hates people who slack off, or are moping around. She loves new food, and will almost try anything you give to her, except for tomatoes. Despite all this, Amina can be very shy when she is in an entire new place, but she only needs some minutes to warm up. Amina likes to help out people, and will often do so without a second thought, but she has problems accepting help.

Appearance: anime_girl_hair_blue_gesture_silence_jea

Backstory: Amina was born and raised in a fishing village, where she would help her family fishing. Her dad would take her to new places everyday, which is what snowballed her adventure lust. Once she was old enough for school, she failed horribly at anything that wasn't somethhing you did with the hands. So she scored good grades in things like: P.E, Science etc. After school, she decided that she wanted to enroll at the maritime academy since it allowed her to learn about what she loved the most. When she joined, her grades sky rocketed since it was  actually something she was good at. When she learned of the fog, she immediatly decided to try and help. She wasn't going to let them attack her home...

Name: Amina Aqua

Personality: Full of adventure lust, and very playfull. Amina is a very casual person, and doesn't really care for things like manners and stuff. She doesn't mind doing the dirty work, and despite her tomboyish appearance, is very girly. She absolutely adores the sea, and would rather give up her life then not being able to sail, or swim anymore. Amina is a hardwoker at heart, and hates people who slack off, or are moping around. She loves new food, and will almost try anything you give to her, except for tomatoes. Despite all this, Amina can be very shy when she is in an entire new place, but she only needs some minutes to warm up. Amina likes to help out people, and will often do so without a second thought, but she has problems accepting help.

Appearance: sig-4367917.anime_girl_hair_blue_gesture

Backstory: Amina was born and raised in a fishing village, where she would help her family fishing. Her dad would take her to new places everyday, which is what snowballed her adventure lust. Once she was old enough for school, she failed horribly at anything that wasn't somethhing you did with the hands. So she scored good grades in things like: P.E, Science etc. After school, she decided that she wanted to enroll at the maritime academy since it allowed her to learn about what she loved the most. When she joined, her grades sky rocketed since it was  actually something she was good at. When she learned of the fog, she immediatly decided to try and help. She wasn't going to let them attack her home...

She's good to go. :)

The year is 2039. Much of the Earth's coast has been flooded due to global warming. Resources are becoming scarce and governments are becoming more wary of each other. Things only got worse when mysterious warships,confirmed and dubbed before hand as the fleet of fog, appeared in oceans all over the world. They blockaded trade routes, cut underwater communication lines, destroyed the navies of every nation in the world, essentially cuting off any countries that were separated by a large body of water. As for the ships themselves, they have the same appearance as WW II, but have very advanced weapon and defensive systems. That was ten years ago. Now, the fleet of fog has become stronger, making human avatars for most of their ships in an attempt to discover more diverse tactics. Humanity has also become desperate for any way to take back their oceans and destroy the fog.

Character Submission form example

Name:Blitz Ryu

Personality: On an emotional level, Blitz is reserved to say the least. This is more of a control than anything else. When he loses his temper, Blitz becomes very ruthless and acts like a completely different person. He is also very intelligent. Despite this, he is a risk taker, willing to gamble in order to get the best outcome. He also values his friends and their opinions.

Appearance:Blitz stands at 5' 9" with chin length Black hair. His bangs end just above his eyes and he normally wears a two piece suit with a red shirt and blue tie.

Backstory: Blitz was born in the city of Neo Tokyo in the year 2022, ten years before the fleet of fog surfaced. The city itself was basically a more developed version of Tokyo and was built after the original was flooded. It was a standard city, but was unique in the fact that it housed a maritime academy. As for his family, Blitz's father left for unknown circumstances when the fog fleet showed up and his mother raised him on her own. Aside from that, the boy led a normal life. His fascinations, however, include the fleet of fog and warships in general. He would spend most days on top of a hill near his home that overlooked the ocean, imagining sailing on his own ship. When he was old enough, he became enrolled in the maritime academy

Rules

Aside from the forum global rules, this is a human rp.

Characters

1.Blitz Ryu

2.Kyubi Yamato

3.Amina Aqua

Note: This is based off the anime, Arpeggio of Blue Steel. If you want to join, I suggest watching at least the first few episodes. You can get it on Netflix and possibly online.

RP:https://mlpforums.com/topic/147034-blue-steel/

I would like to join, I'll go ahead and watch the first few episodes of Arpeggio. :)

• 4 weeks later...

wow, this is a neat idea!  I'm not a big anime fan, but my roommate (who is) showed me an episode of this show and I was hooked!  (my interest in naval history might have had something to do with that, lol).  Great show, wish it had continued for another season....

Still looking?  Would be interested in playing a Fleet-of-Fog character.  perhaps a human villain who controls a fog ship (like Gunzō's father)?

wow, this is a neat idea!  I'm not a big anime fan, but my roommate (who is) showed me an episode of this show and I was hooked!  (my interest in naval history might have had something to do with that, lol).  Great show, wish it had continued for another season....

Still looking?  Would be interested in playing a Fleet-of-Fog character.  perhaps a human villain who controls a fog ship (like Gunzō's father)?

Yes. We are still looking, though the story hasn't made it that far yet. If you want, you can submit a human character that will work with the main group and later joins the fog, or something like that. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yes. We are still looking, though the story hasn't made it that far yet. If you want, you can submit a human character that will work with the main group and later joins the fog, or something like that.

Kool!  Give me a bit to come up with a human character, and I'll post it here.  every story needs a villain, right?   :sneer:  

Kool!  Give me a bit to come up with a human character, and I'll post it here.  every story needs a villain, right?   :sneer:

True. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

True. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

So, gave up on the 'evil guy' thing.  Had another interesting idea.  let me know what you think....

Name: Archer Kane

Personality: Tends to be self-centered, bordering on narcissistic and almost entirely focused on himself and his needs and desires.  If he aids someone else, it's ultimately for his own benefit.  Dispite this, he will usually help out those in need, and does have compasion.  Many consider him a fool and or an idiot, though he is very intelligent, having a wide variety of skills inherited from his parents.  Gave himself the nickname 'Danger Zone'.

Appearance: Standing 5'11" tall, with a head of styled, think black hair cut short over his mild-tan skin (white father, black mother).  Normal dress is black khaki pants and matching turtleneck, an outfit favored by his father. 

Backstory:  Archer, named after his father, was born in New York, before the arrival of the Fleet of Fog.  He moved to Japan with his mother and older sister when his mother was transferred to the US Base in Japan, working with US Navy Intelligence, while his father remained in New York.  After the blockade, his family became trapped in Japan, where his mother enrolled him in the naval academy, hoping to instill a sense of discipline.  

So, gave up on the 'evil guy' thing.  Had another interesting idea.  let me know what you think....

Name: Archer Kane

Personality: Tends to be self-centered, bordering on narcissistic and almost entirely focused on himself and his needs and desires.  If he aids someone else, it's ultimately for his own benefit.  Dispite this, he will usually help out those in need, and does have compasion.  Many consider him a fool and or an idiot, though he is very intelligent, having a wide variety of skills inherited from his parents.  Gave himself the nickname 'Danger Zone'.

Appearance: Standing 5'11" tall, with a head of styled, think black hair cut short over his mild-tan skin (white father, black mother).  Normal dress is black khaki pants and matching turtleneck, an outfit favored by his father. 

Backstory:  Archer, named after his father, was born in New York, before the arrival of the Fleet of Fog.  He moved to Japan with his mother and older sister when his mother was transferred to the US Base in Japan, working with US Navy Intelligence, while his father remained in New York.  After the blockade, his family became trapped in Japan, where his mother enrolled him in the naval academy, hoping to instill a sense of discipline.

I can definetly see this working out. He's good to go. :)

• Brohoof 1

(Should we have the trip be at the start of the day or have a few classes first?)

guess you can start the trip first, unless you guys want some time for the characters to BS a little first