Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did Twilight not know Shining Armor and Cadance were together at first?

ggg-2

Not knowing about the wedding, i can understand, but at first Twilight didn't seem to know that her brother and Cadance were even a couple, despite the fact that, according to the comics that (i can't bring up enough) follow show canon, Shining Armor and Cadance had been dating since at least their senior year in high school with, get this, Twilight picking up on Cadance's feelings for her big brother within just the first few minutes of meeting her.

Edited by ggg-2

Not know about the wedding, i can understand, but at first Twilight didn't seem to know that her brother and Cadance were even a couple, despite the fact that, in the comics that (i can't bring up enough) follow show canon, Shining Armor and Cadance had been dating since at least their senior year in high school with, get this, Twilight picking up on Cadance's feelings for her big brother within just the first few minutes of meeting her.

You need to take everything that is written in the comics (which i BTW don't read) with a grain of salt. Everything that is the show canon, is the end all, be all of the MLP Universe. You can come with Journals, Comics, toys, Equestria Girls, whatever.

If it's said differently in the show, then that's it.

I can imagine that Shining and Cadence started to get very close, once Twilight was incredibly occupied in her studies and she had no idea.

• Brohoof 5

I have a feeling that Twilight always knew that Shining Armor and Cadance were dating, but had assumed that they had separated after not receiving any updates on them from Shining Armor.

Or perhaps she just forgot or blocked it out since she was so invested in her studies.

(I also don't read the comics, so I have no idea if I left anything out)

If you remember season 1 Twilight was kind of clueless about relationships in general and I don't just mean romantic ones so it was probably obvious to pretty much everyone else. 

• Brohoof 1

Twilight seemed not to have seen her brother in a long time my guess is that they had minimal contact up to that point and it didn't seem that important to shining armor to mention it love isn't planned after all

The comics are not canon to the show, that is why she did not know it.

But besides that:

She was more focuses on studying than the contact with other ponies.

When she became Celestia's student she probalby moved to the academy and her contact to her brother became less. At least till his wedding.

Edited by Fluidty