Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Crimson Requiem (OOC & Database)

Redeye

(edited)

Surprised that this isn't getting much attention. Might post a link to this on my Status feed soon.

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 1

Do you think we could get started with three players, or are six absolutely essential to the story?

I would really like it if we could start with all 6. I'd rather keep some of my numbers clean.

• Brohoof 1

I would really like it if we could start with all 6. I'd rather keep some of my numbers clean.

But if we never reach that goal within a set period of time?

But if we never reach that goal within a set period of time?

I can wait. If we can't get all 6 by the end of the month, I'll try to find a way around this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... Uhmm... I'll just post something as a bump.

The clashing of swords, the dance of two experts.

Never ending sounds of pain and anguish.

All within a moment, yet outside.

Death shall be all.

Death shall be last.

And... I have no idea why I did that... Sorry if you didn't like it.

• Brohoof 1

Name- Estiel

Birthrune- Assassin

Sex- Male

Age- 17

Bio- A young, stubborn man who only speaks when he is absolutely certain of what he is saying. Despite his stubbornness, he is clearly well-read and one can tell he possesses much knowledge. However, he thinks far too much and far too quickly, making him socially awkward and emotionally unstable, his mind moving in hundreds of different directions at once. Because of this, he occasionally goes into mental overload, unable to focus and unable to act, even to move, and causing severe pain. Due to this issue, many feared he would one day turn into a monster.

Potential- Vampiric Manifestation: Estiel can turn into a cloud of bats in order to avoid an attack or to move quickly from place to place. While the cloud of bats can separate, all the bats must be together in order to return to human form.

Weapons-

Great Blood Blade- A weapon summoned from intentional self harm, this longsword has a lustrous black blade, silver hilt, and red bindings around the handle. This blade absorbs the blood of those it has killed to sharpen itself.

Nightfall and Nocturne- A pair of chain sai that appear to lower the light level in an area, however it is just an illusion seen by those within a 15 foot radius of the wielder, leaving the wielder vulnerable to ranged attacks.

Appearance- Tall and slender with milky skin, ice-blue eyes and short black hair. Has sharp, pronounced features such as nose, ears, and chin. No apparent facial hair. Wears black leather armor with little protection around parts of the body required for meticulous movement, such as the neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, and hips. Gloves are studded on the knuckles for increased damage in unarmed combat. Armor has thin leather hood. Wears light, easy to discard black robes over armor.

@@Redeye

Edited by Jellal Fernandes
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Name- Estiel

Birthrune- Assassin

Sex- Male

Age- 17

Bio- A young, stubborn man who only speaks when he is absolutely certain of what he is saying. Despite his stubbornness, he is clearly well-read and one can tell he possesses much knowledge. However, he thinks far too much and far too quickly, making him socially awkward and emotionally unstable, his mind moving in hundreds of different directions at once. Because of this, he occasionally goes into mental overload, unable to focus and unable to act, even to move, and causing severe pain. Due to this issue, many feared he would one day turn into a monster.

Potential- Vampiric Manifestation: Estiel can turn into a cloud of bats in order to avoid an attack or to move quickly from place to place. While the cloud of bats can separate, all the bats must be together in order to return to human form.

Weapons-

Great Blood Blade- A weapon summoned from intentional self harm, this longsword has a lustrous black blade, silver hilt, and red bindings around the handle. This blade absorbs the blood of those it has killed to sharpen itself.

Nightfall and Nocturne- A pair of chain sai that appear to lower the light level in an area, however it is just an illusion seen by those within a 15 foot radius of the wielder, leaving the wielder vulnerable to ranged attacks.

Appearance- Tall and slender with milky skin, ice-blue eyes and short black hair. Has sharp, pronounced features such as nose, ears, and chin. No apparent facial hair. Wears black leather armor with little protection around parts of the body required for meticulous movement, such as the neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, and hips. Gloves are studded on the knuckles for increased damage in unarmed combat. Armor has thin leather hood. Wears light, easy to discard black robes over armor.

@@Redeye

RELIEF! SWEET... SWEET RELIEF!

that sounded awkward

Everything seems in order. Let me do something fun with your Potential.

Vampiric Manifestation: "When an enemy sends an attack at you that would normally be fatal, you will dodge said attack, 100% guaranteed. This effect may only occur once per battle."

Edited by Redeye

@@Redeye,

If you're cool with me using it for mobility still, yeah, that sounds great! I was worried something like that would be too overpowered, so I didn't suggest it. 

Sure, sounds okay with me.

OK, now at last I can work with something. Even if we don't get 6 players, this'll do fine.

I'll still wait until about the end of March 31st before we begin, though. I'll try not to make this RP an April Fool's joke. Try.

Name- Encious Chimera
Sex- Male
Age- 19
Birthrune- Duelist
Bio/Appearance- Encious is a violet eyed, lengthy silver haired and fair skinned boy that lives to learn. He is covered with a myriad of black tribal tattoos that both aesthetically describe the flowing nature and sharp changes of the universe and "looks nice, don'tcha think?". He is very intelligent. He actively pursues knowledge the conventional way, and enlightenment through pushing his mind and body, and synchronizing the two.  His body matches his mind flexible and powerful, and yet is too open to the power of suggestion, and favors methods known to work rather than taking unnecessary risks. He has accepted a multitude of synthetic internal augments, giving him human appearance, but making him mostly machine inside, for he believes that if he takes on this superb form, he will not have to force his body and mind to work together, making him more able to focus on other things. He joined MEO to bring balance back to the universe. He is extremely well versed in many martial arts. He is slim, with a cut physique. He is however, as wide eyes as a child, but with a sure sense of focus that none can interrupt lest he wills it. He doesn't wear shirts or a jacket, just two paralell sashes similar to that a rabbi wears but are much longer and are burnt at the ends.
Weapon: (Full disclosure, I know that the weapons do not affect stats, I just described them in a way that help reinforce and rather justify his birthrune stats)
Nehmon's Mausoleum is a set of highly advanced gauntlets which Encious wears with a likewise advance pair of Greave/boots called Samsara that are made to bring weapon damage to unarmed combat. The gauntlets possess bladed claws, a blade that runs down the forearm past the elbow sharp edged plates that appears as cuffs, and can close over the fists for purposes of armor penetration, Piston drivers, bringing more punch to his strikes, and the echo drive, two blade like extensions that can come forward from the side of his forearms when active that allow him to throw his punches at range for the sacrifice of reduced damage, every 80 feet reducing the damage by one. Samsara possesses a blade that runs up from just above the ankle to ten inches above his knees, a chainsaw that hides underneath the (blade which can split) to reveal the savage chainsaw. Three lengthy bladed talons extend past his foot, and even though it appears to have heels, it gives him an advantage of adding strength to his strikes by shifting his movement inclination forwards. They are also equipped with Shiva thrusters in the back, which spout an instantaneous thrust, allowing him abnormal dodging capabilities and help pressure his opponents, and the flare drive, which super heats the weapon components of Samsara. Only Samsara has air intakes, allowing him to cool it down with high speed movements to maintain its functions. Both weapons integrate with his arms when equipped, and while they require complex processes to remove, can snap on in a jiffy. This means that when the weapon is damaged, his arm can be damaged, however he cannot be disarmed.
Potential- Down Drive. The down drive is a particularly sinister device that comes from Encious back, not only allowing him a special ability, but also makes it virtually impossible to wear backpacks or regular torso clothing. It can only be activates when Encious has reached critical condition, or under 50% health. (Due to the fact that it requires plenty of energy to run, and when Encious is damaged his damaged components cannot take as much energy as when they are fully functional) When activated it disperses a 50 foot radius of a destabilizing energy that debilitates enemies movements and is able to take the calm into Encious. In game, this means it takes half of an enemies acrobatics and strength stats, and adds the highest value from the strtongest enemy within range to his own. It will always take one point of acrobatics no matter how low it is in one being. If a creature has a one in both strength and acrobatics, it will only take from acrobatics. If they have an odd numbered stat, it rounds down. It lasts a number of rounds equal to the percentage of health he has left divided by ten, rounded up

Edited by Colenso Rivers

holy snap

Didn't expect this thread to receive such a spike of popularity.

Everything seems fine.

Potential, on the other hand, will need a bit of a nerf. Since numbers in this RP are going to be relatively low, stealing HALF of EVERY ENEMY's strength and acrobatics seems a tad overpowered. I'm thinking about nerfing it to only stealing 1 STR and 1 ACR for every enemy you're fighting. The amount of points you gain from them have a hard cap of +3, meaning you can't become a god-like puncher from simply fighting 7 enemies at once. This effect may only happen once per battle in order to make things fair. Does this sound OK with you?

Didn't expect this thread to receive such a spike of popularity.

Everything seems fine.

Potential, on the other hand, will need a bit of a nerf. Since numbers in this RP are going to be relatively low, stealing HALF of EVERY ENEMY's strength and acrobatics seems a tad overpowered. I'm thinking about nerfing it to only stealing 1 STR and 1 ACR for every enemy you're fighting. The amount of points you gain from them have a hard cap of +3, meaning you can't become a god-like puncher from simply fighting 7 enemies at once. This effect may only happen once per battle in order to make things fair. Does this sound OK with you?

After I read it, I said, woah, i didnt mean to write that. I edited the post, now he only take on the values from the strongest enemy within range. So if there is a bunch of 2 strength 2 acro enemies in range, he will only take 1 of each stat, but reducing all enemies around him, but if there is an enemy in that horde with a two and four, he will take one for strength and two for acro.

After I read it, I said, woah, i didnt mean to write that. I edited the post, now he only take on the values from the strongest enemy within range. So if there is a bunch of 2 strength 2 acro enemies in range, he will only take 1 of each stat, but reducing all enemies around him, but if there is an enemy in that horde with a two and four, he will take one for strength and two for acro.

So he debilitates all enemies, and steals the STR and ACR of the strongest enemy? That seems fine. I'm still going to have to give this power a hard cap when it comes to the amount of points he takes in for himself, or else Encious will basically snowball his way to god-tier overpoweredness towards the end of the roleplay. I also have to put "Once per Battle" restraints on it to prevent it from being spammed too much. Is that still OK with you?

So he debilitates all enemies, and steals the STR and ACR of the strongest enemy? That seems fine. I'm still going to have to give this power a hard cap when it comes to the amount of points he takes in for himself, or else Encious will basically snowball his way to god-tier overpoweredness towards the end of the roleplay. I also have to put "Once per Battle" restraints on it to prevent it from being spammed too much. Is that still OK with you?

Perfectly fine. I honestly was hoping you could help me refine him a tad in his potential. And just to note, this point bonus only lasts as long as the Down drive is activated. I've just been waiting for an appropriate RP for this character. Thank goodness I found one.

• Brohoof 1

Now all we have left is 1 player slot. Who will win it?

If I get multiple entries for the last slot I'm gonna have to do a random Dice roll in order to choose who gets in. Stakes are high for the last player! Hurry up before April Fools day tricks you into thinking you can join after midnight!

@@Redeye,

I PM'd a friend about it, Drago Ryder. I've done RPs with him before, and we were both looking for a sort of fantasy RP. 

@@Redeye,

Sorry to get your hopes up, but it wasn't his cup of tea. I might be able to find someone else, though. 

Waiting is always the hardest thing about RPing.

• Brohoof 1

@@Redeye,

I PM'd a friend about it, Drago Ryder. I've done RPs with him before, and we were both looking for a sort of fantasy RP. 

@@Redeye,

Sorry to get your hopes up, but it wasn't his cup of tea. I might be able to find someone else, though. 

Whoever you're influencing to come over here I would advise  reminding them that they have a day to enter before sign-ups close, just in case.

Yeah, these four days must feel like almost two months.

Although as a detached thought I find it to be true - at least partially, for there are many worse things lurking in the dark corners of RP reality...

Yeah, these four days must feel like almost two months.

Although as a detached thought I find it to be true - at least partially, for there are many worse things lurking in the dark corners of RP reality...

Like edgelords so completely saturated with generic angst that they could be the main character to Divine Gate.

Omagosh! I forgot! Crisis! Okay, I've played many dice rolling games and this one seems to lack a stat vital to most! A hit stat. While strength determines how much damage you do when you hit, it lacks one that determines if you even land a hit! That means if you have a stat like athletics, which determines how likely you are to dodging a hit, without a hitting stat to counter it, when high levels are reached it will become wars of attrition where rarely blows land on any one turn.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Like edgelords so completely saturated with generic angst that they could be the main character to Divine Gate.

Omagosh! I forgot! Crisis! Okay, I've played many dice rolling games and this one seems to lack a stat vital to most! A hit stat. While strength determines how much damage you do when you hit, it lacks one that determines if you even land a hit! That means if you have a stat like athletics, which determines how likely you are to dodging a hit, without a hitting stat to counter it, when high levels are reached it will become wars of attrition where rarely blows land on any one turn.

ACR determines your dodge rate. Enemies have ACR as well. No need for a redundant extra stat when ACR already determines the success of attacks.

Plus there are plenty of methods to avoid stuff like that. Some attacks never miss, some attacks strip people of their ACR, etc.

Edited by Redeye