Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Fallout Equestria: Aftermath (Rp)

Flamestreak1990

Didn't really consider the idea of just bailing with a small bag of caps. Somepony is willing to put this amount of caps for a up front cost certainly were asking for a high price. Hearing the name White Sting certainly affirm her suspicions. Though that name doesn't compared to the infamous Red Eye, it wouldn't take too long to exceed the name with the climate of the wasteland around here. 

Anything along the lines of raiders and having a little fun with them is certainly she's in business in. A smirk went and lower as she look calm before Allegory. Steam follow the mare, "Steam." she replied plainly. Part of her wonder why was someone like a clerk or even owner asking about this. A slight cautious was in the air. Trotting over her, tongue pushing along her cheek.

"Alright, Steam. Before you get any ideas, no, you're not being asked to kill them," Allegory clarified, levitating the door shut of her light blue boxcar (which had paint peeling on the edges and revealing rust) after making sure they were both inside and not followed. "I think there's a spy for the White Sting in here, posing as one of the guards. Right now I'm sure which one is the spy, but I meed evidence so we can rat him out and interrogate him for good. And if that doesn't work, knock him out and drag him here. It is imperative that you do not get noticed. If you do, draw as little attention as possible...I'll tell you who it is soon enough."

Allegory sighed and rubbed her face, trotting towards a dimly lit table with a small stack of papers and a plastic chair. "...Ugh. I just wish there isn't so much trouble going on today. I mean, when the Enclave-Fillydelphia War ended, there was hope. For the first time. And now I'm feeling like we need that back again. You know the Dweller came here once, right?"

@

Foray couldn't possibly have made it more evident that regardless of who he was or what he was saying, his words were literally falling on deaf ears. Simply sitting still and staring straight off into the distance, she didn't react in the slightest towards anything he was saying. In truth, she had heard the sound of him speaking, and even felt the vibration since he was sitting so close to her, but since her good ear was pointed away she couldn't make out what he said.

Crackshot trudged back to his group, making sure the red mare was still following, and got their attention the best way he knew how.

"Alright, listen up!" He growled, loud enough for them to hear, "This kid's gonna be joining us for a bit."

And I swear to Luna she better be the last.

Oh, joy, Kronos thought, More ponies for me NOT to shoot at. C'mon. I came here to actually kill some guys.

Suddenly, another voice entered his head. Why not just kill them where they stand right now. It'll get your mind off of them and you'll have a bounty of food right at your feet. 

But he agreed to help them, another voice cried out in his head, He made the same vow of allegiance he made to many other groups of ponies before them. 

Yeah, and look what happened, we ended up watching them all die right in front of him when we could've saved them.

They chose that path away from us. There wasn't anything we could do about it.

What about his old marefriends? They all left him for other mares and colts. Look at how much better we can be by ourselves.

Don't you remember why we even agreed to go with them in the first place. The REAL reason?

Oh, don't give me that.

Don't give you what?

Don't act like you're not in this with me.

I just want to help him.

So do I.

How does killing his friends help him in any way whatsoever?

"SHUT UP AND GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!!" Kronos shouted out loud.

Edited by Kronos

Crackshot trudged back to his group, making sure the red mare was still following, and got their attention the best way he knew how.

"Alright, listen up!" He growled, loud enough for them to hear, "This kid's gonna be joining us for a bit."

And I swear to Luna she better be the last.

Even though he growled, I knew it somewhat cared for this group. Even if it was just a means to an end. I followed him and stood behind him and slightly to the left so I could see what was going on but still give nobody a good look. If this world's society and her past were anything to go on, she's have to be wary of young stallions.

White walked back to the group along side Crackshot and the new mare, using the distance to get a good look again at what he was dealing with. As it stood, these are quite a dangerous bunch. Maniacs with guns can do a lot of damage and with the information he had given them they became all the more of a problem. Of course he hadn't told them some of the secrets that awaited the on the ascent. He didn't want to ruin every surprise.

@@1Bit

@@Ethan Sawyer,

@,

@@Unicorncob,

@@Meson Bolt,

@,

(Sorry if I missed anyone)

"All right. May I have your attention please? That should be less of a question and more of a demand but let's be kind right now. You all have no clue who I am and I have no clue who you are. Let's keep it that way, but I know what you are trying to do and I have to say. You're all going to die a horrible, slow, painful and torturous death at the Hooves of Sting. You have no chance of winning with all that pathetic levels of gear. And running in without a plan is signing your death warrant. Madam Reaper will be here to collect any day now. I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen and you actually stand a chance. Not because I care, but because I need some willing victims to do my dirty work for me. Now aside from the obvious 'Who is this bitch and can I please shoot her?' At least one of you are wondering what I can do for you. Ha ha, lets be honest no one was thinking that. I can offer you high grade weaponry, a small base of operations, tactics you can use, information that will be vital to your success. You want to get this done. My sources have told me this bounty is worth more caps than you could ever dream of. Basic summary. If you all trust me and follow me, I can make you nigh unstoppable. You don't trust me? Well, feel free to try and die. Any questions? And if you want to shoot me I suggest doing it now."

Crackshot raised an eyebrow as Kronos yelled out, then looked toward the mare.

He remembered her mentioning the military bunker, but using it as a base of operations, with new equipment? That seemed to good to be true.

Years of living out here have taught him never to trust anypony first glance... but he's also learned he can defend himself and be on his hooves.

He made up his own mind, and looked back at the group. "If she tries anything, we fill her with holes." He growled.

"Whatever." Comet shrugged, with a grin spreading across his face. "I'm just here for the ride, not for the whole teamwork thing. I don't do teams." He put the map away back into his saddlebag and took a deep breath, looking up towards the mountain top. "Well, I'm ready to move anyway. Been moving for the past week or so as it is, no point to stop now." 

(edited)

White walked back to the group along side Crackshot and the new mare, using the distance to get a good look again at what he was dealing with. As it stood, these are quite a dangerous bunch. Maniacs with guns can do a lot of damage and with the information he had given them they became all the more of a problem. Of course he hadn't told them some of the secrets that awaited the on the ascent. He didn't want to ruin every surprise.

@@1Bit

@@Ethan Sawyer,

@,

@@Unicorncob,

@@Meson Bolt,

@,

"All right. May I have your attention please? That should be less of a question and more of a demand but let's be kind right now. You all have no clue who I am and I have no clue who you are. Let's keep it that way, but I know what you are trying to do and I have to say. You're all going to die a horrible, slow, painful and torturous death at the Hooves of Sting. You have no chance of winning with all that pathetic levels of gear. And running in without a plan is signing your death warrant. Madam Reaper will be here to collect any day now. I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen and you actually stand a chance. Not because I care, but because I need some willing victims to do my dirty work for me. Now aside from the obvious 'Who is this bitch and can I please shoot her?' At least one of you are wondering what I can do for you. Ha ha, lets be honest no one was thinking that. I can offer you high grade weaponry, a small base of operations, tactics you can use, information that will be vital to your success. You want to get this done. My sources have told me this bounty is worth more caps than you could ever dream of. Basic summary. If you all trust me and follow me, I can make you nigh unstoppable. You don't trust me? Well, feel free to try and die. Any questions? And if you want to shoot me I suggest doing it now."

Quiet simply blinked at the pony's words, it would've been more threating if he wasn't stating obvious about the mission, or life in the wastes in general. He shook his head, with how shady this pony was, Crackshot's decision to let him stay was a bit of a shock to Storm. He walked toward the aforementioned pony and confronted him.

@@Unicorncob,

"I don't know about this, if he is lying to us we could putting are whole crew at risk. I suggest not letting him be with us."

Edited by DiscordedFlame1990

@@1Bit

@@Ethan Sawyer,

@,

@@Unicorncob,

@@Meson Bolt,

@,

"If you're offering high grade gear," Kronos replied, "Then I would actually like to place a requisition order for certain weapons and high quality combat armor. Also, if it's not too much to ask, I would like a weapon and armor bench. I have certain, let's call them preferences, when it comes to how I tailor my gear."

Yeah, the voices said again, Let him give us the tools we need to build us some guns.

Only to get his mind off of killing them.

Pfft, please, after we build our perfect weapons, we'll snap at them at the most opportune moment.

"Shut up, both of you," Kronos whispered to himself, "Either you stay out of my head or Goddess help me I will shoot the three of us in the head."

Alright, fine. Get yourself back up. I think the others are watching, and they seem worried about you.

Haha, yeah, they look like they think you're crazy. HAHAHA.

"Well, I AM crazy, dammit. Living out in this wasteland by myself is causing all of this. So shut up, leave me alone and only come out when I tell you to."

So, never?

"Never." Kronos growled. He looked up and replied, "What? What're you guys looking at?"

@, "You don't get to make requests out of me. You get what you're given. I also have one last thing to say to you in particular." White took a few steps towards the pony and started at him directly in the eye. At this distance, Kronos could most likely see the faint Red glow behind the Gas Mask at the eyes. "If you continue to make me think you're a liability. Dangerous to the success of this little mission, I guarantee I'll make you regret it. I have a lot riding on this hand I will not let someone with a split personality disorder ruin this for me. Fair warning for you."

He stepped back from Kronos and stretched out. "Well, we better start walking soon. This place isn't all that close, but lucky for us its only a small detour north. Meaning we will keep well clear of Fetlock. I need to stop by a shack a few miles down the road anyway. I have a personal matter to resolve in that place so I'll go on ahead, I move faster alone. Just follow the road and you'll come across it just fine. So you all in a short while." With a quick flick of a switch, White had activated another Stealth Buck and was moving quickly down the road east before anyone could protest. If they did protest, he wasn't listening. He knew he held some of the cards, so it was likely they would listen and meet up with him at the shack. If not, well its just less for him to worry about. Win Win either way.

@, "You don't get to make requests out of me. You get what you're given. I also have one last thing to say to you in particular." White took a few steps towards the pony and started at him directly in the eye. At this distance, Kronos could most likely see the faint Red glow behind the Gas Mask at the eyes. "If you continue to make me think you're a liability. Dangerous to the success of this little mission, I guarantee I'll make you regret it. I have a lot riding on this hand I will not let someone with a split personality disorder ruin this for me. Fair warning for you."

He stepped back from Kronos and stretched out. "Well, we better start walking soon. This place isn't all that close, but lucky for us its only a small detour north. Meaning we will keep well clear of Fetlock. I need to stop by a shack a few miles down the road anyway. I have a personal matter to resolve in that place so I'll go on ahead, I move faster alone. Just follow the road and you'll come across it just fine. So you all in a short while." With a quick flick of a switch, White had activated another Stealth Buck and was moving quickly down the road east before anyone could protest. If they did protest, he wasn't listening. He knew he held some of the cards, so it was likely they would listen and meet up with him at the shack. If not, well its just less for him to worry about. Win Win either way.

This brings a whole new meaning to cloak and dagger. Well, more like dagger and cloak. I need to get my hand on one of those someday. Maybe I could get one of these suits they keep talking about and implement it

"Well." I said as she walked off. "Isn't that a little rude."

@, "You don't get to make requests out of me. You get what you're given. I also have one last thing to say to you in particular." White took a few steps towards the pony and started at him directly in the eye. At this distance, Kronos could most likely see the faint Red glow behind the Gas Mask at the eyes. "If you continue to make me think you're a liability. Dangerous to the success of this little mission, I guarantee I'll make you regret it. I have a lot riding on this hand I will not let someone with a split personality disorder ruin this for me. Fair warning for you."

There's nothing left for me to regret, Kronos thought to himself, I've lost whatever shred of hope was left in my being after my last party and I left on mutual yet depressing terms. True, I still think of them a lot, but there's nothing I can do about it. All I've got now is this group and some orders to follow. After all, I did imply that I'll serve them through thick and thin. Because of my sacred vow of allegiance, I shall give my life to whoever gives me orders. If that means that they want me to throw myself off a cliff while strapped to eight tons of explosives, then so be it.

"Very well," Kronos replied, "I'll do my best to control my...condition, for lack of a better term, even if it means I have to shoot myself in the head in case if I get psychotic on you guys. That's my personal vow of allegiance. Not that anyone here cares. Not that anyone has ever cared, now that I think about it."

"What? What're you guys looking at?"

Crackshot blinked once at Kronos, who had been arguing with himself again, and looked back at the mare, thinking nothing of it.

Wasteland insanity was a common thing - he had seen it many times before.

He watched as the mare activated a Stealth Buck and disappeared from sight.

"If this is a trap, it'll be the last mistake you make," he growled out loud, "No funny business."

He knew she was still within hearing range; a Stealth Buck didn't teleport ponies, after all.

"Well." I said as she walked off. "Isn't that a little rude."

"If that's rude to you, you haven't been out here long," he snorted, the slightest hint of amusement in his voice.

He turned to his group and nodded toward the road. "Eyes and ears peeled. We could be walking into an ambush for all we know, so stay alert."

And with that, he began walking down the road.

Edited by Unicorncob

"Alright, Steam. Before you get any ideas, no, you're not being asked to kill them," Allegory clarified, levitating the door shut of her light blue boxcar (which had paint peeling on the edges and revealing rust) after making sure they were both inside and not followed. "I think there's a spy for the White Sting in here, posing as one of the guards. Right now I'm sure which one is the spy, but I meed evidence so we can rat him out and interrogate him for good. And if that doesn't work, knock him out and drag him here. It is imperative that you do not get noticed. If you do, draw as little attention as possible...I'll tell you who it is soon enough."

Allegory sighed and rubbed her face, trotting towards a dimly lit table with a small stack of papers and a plastic chair. "...Ugh. I just wish there isn't so much trouble going on today. I mean, when the Enclave-Fillydelphia War ended, there was hope. For the first time. And now I'm feeling like we need that back again. You know the Dweller came here once, right?"

Steam nods, sighing softly. Still, a job is a job. Steam follows Allegory in the box car. As she talks about the job, something along the lines of evidence. More along the lines of subtlety and spying on a guard. Or just going with the sure fire method of "forcing" the evidence out of them. "So, spy on the guard?" she rephrases.

Allegory seem like she was dealing, least that's what Steam is assuming. flexing her neck for a tad before she talked about the Dweller, "Huh, the Dweller? That's a fun story." she rolled her eyes. She sounded a little artificial for her sake.  

"If that's rude to you, you haven't been out here long," he snorted, the slightest hint of amusement in his voice.

I snorted right back at him. Well actually I was going for a more comedic effect. "Oh don't be thinking that, I've been here long enough to know that the only people here with something that even resembles manners are the ones selling products." And for some reason, you.

Trixie's shack. White never did understand why such a seemingly random building was marked on his map. He never really understood how this device got its maps and the name of every location, even new ones that didn't exist pre war. It baffled him. But that, is a story for another day. Right now, White had a little something he must do.

The shack was being used as a small outpost for White Sting scouts and patrols. It was the only 'base' they had outside of the mountains. And right now, they would have to abandon it for a short time.

White: "Alright guys. We have a plan. I've made contact with the mercs who are trying to kill the Queen. I've made a few question choices to gain their trust, which may cost some lives. I will accept the punishment for that once I return home. I can do one more thing to gain their trust, which is why I've come to you guys. I need to borrow some bodies. We most likely have a corpse or two lying around. Doesn't need to be too fresh. I'll be burning them, but I need your armour. It has gang marking on them. If they see I've killed member of the gang, they're more likely to trust me. Oh, and make sure to paint some gang markings on them. I'll be burning them one at a time. So I need some bodies left over by the time they get here. Can you help me?"

WS Scout: "Well boss, we do have the corpses of a few scavengers a bit down the road we killed a few hour back. We could dress up in their clothes and make 'em wear ours. Paint some markings on them. If anyone asks who we are, we're deserters of the gang. That could work, but one issue is that we shot them. Whole bunch. This allies you're under only uses knifes, we know that much. Scratch that, everyone has to make an exception at some point right? Alright boss, we can get this done within the next 15 minutes and then we'll be on our way. We'll go west, get the report from R-7 and then head home. By that time, these mercs should well and dead."

White: "Sounds like a plan guys. Let's get a move on, we're tight for time."

(edited)

Hazelnut grunted in annoyance as he made his way towards his destination at a brisk pace. His monster of a battle saddle was equipped with a missile pod and grenade machinegun. Standard issue equipment for knights/paladins of the Brotherhood of steel, perfect for completely decimating an enemy no matter what they were equipped with. Despite his equipment a lone Paladin could only do so much in a wasteland by himself. He was tasked with finding and securing a pre-war military bunker no matter the cost. What concerned Hazelnut was that it was located in the territory of the White stings. Due to how Brotherhood operations worked the two factions never crossed each other that much. But conflict would surely erupt if the White stings caught him looting in their territory. 

"Damn this mission is going to cause me a major headache," Hazelnut complained to himself as he trudged along the wasteland far from any support that he had. Luckily for Hazelnut his power armor was tough and the taslismans crammed inside would prove very useful in his quest. Unfortunately, his arsenal wasn't exactly subtle and any form of subterfuge or stealth based plans were completely out of the option. Maybe asking for help from some wastelanders would prove useful, not that the elder would approve, Hazelnut thought to himself.

Edited by Ranger22

Kronos was fiddling with some of his cybernetics. "Gah, dammit," he grunted through clenched teeth, "that's it, I need to give them a call." He pulled out a peculiar device that fame out of one of his cybernetic arms. It looked strangely like a radio. Kronos fell behind the party to ensure privacy to protect himself as well as his covert contact. "This is Rokian General Kronos, codename 'Death'. What's the status on mu cybernetic upgrades?" He waited for a response on his reciever. "There are some new updates to your body we can apply right now, sir." The pony at the other end replied. "How soon can you get it to my current location?" Kronos asked. "At your location, we cant make a secure drop." He answered, "You're gonna have to be on some solid and isolated ground for this drop to go as you plan." "Damn," Kronos replied, "Ok, thanks anyways. I'll get back to you when I'm at an optimal location. Out." "Roger that. Out." Fuck, Kronos thought, Welp, this is gonna be slightly agonizing.

Some distance down the road, there was a pony hiding behind a rock. That pony, or to be accurate, unicorn, was known as Lupus. He had recently emerged from a Cryostasis Chamber in a Stable That had been abandoned long before he woke up. That had been six months ago, and over those six months he had learned just how hard it was to survive in the wastelands. He had been walking along, minding his own business when his modified PipBuck had picked up a pony with a StealthBuck equipped coming his direction. He then dove behind the rock and hid there for several minutes.

"Why can't I walk down the road without having to hide from somepony." He said quietly to himself.

The past few months had been the worst of his life: hiding/running from raiders, fighting mutated wildlife, and countless other horrors had been a living hell. And he had survived all of that with nothing but his assault rifle. He loved that thing, took it with him everywhere. It was the friend he didn't have. And he had no plans of parting with it any time soon. Now, he had to wait for the group of mercenaries to pass so he could get back to what he was doing.

(edited)

With the help of the scouts, White had succeeded in his little endeavour. He had about 5 corpses in total, all of them dressed up as White Sting member, gang tattoo and all, while the scouts looked just like normal scavengers, closer to a caravan now that he looked closer. Without a Brahman, they can up a story as they go along. With everything set, the team assembled a large stack of wood and light it on fire. The smoke from this could most likely be seen for a few miles. Most people should completely disregard it though. Its not exactly something new. One at a time, White would burn the corpses. It probably smelt really bad. Thank Celestia for gas masks. "Alright, that's everything guys. You've been a big help today. Head on west to R-7 and meet up with our guy. He's the gate guard for the afternoon shift. Can't miss him. I'll give you a bonus once you get home. Oh, and keep your eyes open. Some mercs will be walking down this way from R-7, just pay them no mind and keep walking. Act like a scaver."

Scout Lead: "Yes sir. We'll see you back at home." The team of 4 scouts left the shack and started their walk on the roads out west to R-7.

Edited by Child Of Darkness

He turned to his group and nodded toward the road. "Eyes and ears peeled. We could be walking into an ambush for all we know, so stay alert."

And with that, he began walking down the road.

Still a bit disconcerted, Foray wanted to pretend like she hadn't heard Crackshot, however if there were hundreds of caps waiting for her, she had no reason not to follow. Standing up and again switching her ear implant to ON, she turned and quietly trotted in his direction, catching up to him in a few seconds. Ears forward and head low, she ambled along slightly in front of the group -- after all, if this was a trap, she'd probably be the first to detect it.

Some distance down the road, there was a pony hiding behind a rock. That pony, or to be accurate, unicorn, was known as Lupus. He had recently emerged from a Cryostasis Chamber in a Stable That had been abandoned long before he woke up. That had been six months ago, and over those six months he had learned just how hard it was to survive in the wastelands. He had been walking along, minding his own business when his modified PipBuck had picked up a pony with a StealthBuck equipped coming his direction. He then dove behind the rock and hid there for several minutes.

"Why can't I walk down the road without having to hide from somepony." He said quietly to himself.

The past few months had been the worst of his life: hiding/running from raiders, fighting mutated wildlife, and countless other horrors had been a living hell. And he had survived all of that with nothing but his assault rifle. He loved that thing, took it with him everywhere. It was the friend he didn't have. And he had no plans of parting with it any time soon. Now, he had to wait for the group of mercenaries to pass so he could get back to what he was doing.

Only a few seconds after rejoining the group, Foray's attention was directed towards a rock slightly off the path. Turning her more sensitive artificial ear towards the spot she thought she'd heard something, her ears twitched with curiosity. However her face didn't show any interest as she was still feeling quite upset.

"I ah... I'mma take care of some business, m'kay?" she said to Crackshot, turning and heading towards the rock.

Only a few seconds after rejoining the group, Foray's attention was directed towards a rock slightly off the path. Turning her more sensitive artificial ear towards the spot she thought she'd heard something, her ears twitched with curiosity. However her face didn't show any interest as she was still feeling quite upset.

"I ah... I'mma take care of some business, m'kay?" she said to Crackshot, turning and heading towards the rock.

Crackshot halted as Foray announced she was going to 'take care of some business'. She had an awareness in her eyes, as if she'd just noticed something.

"Hold up," he ordered the group, and levitated his shotgun from his back, "Might be something back there. Get ready for an attack."

"Oh joy...more guests." Comet rolled his eyes, and activated his battle saddle yet again as the rest of the group seemed to tense up and prepare. Crackshot was good, that much was clear, but it felt like the group had already been standing around too long and they were going to be further delayed by yet another possible encounter.

Crackshot halted as Foray announced she was going to 'take care of some business'. She had an awareness in her eyes, as if she'd just noticed something.

"Hold up," he ordered the group, and levitated his shotgun from his back, "Might be something back there. Get ready for an attack."

"Relax your flanks, Crackpot," she snorted as she kept walking along calmly. "It's not like there's anything gonna jump out at me..."

Passing by the rock that she had now reached, she cast a quick glance over it at the cowering unicorn. Lifting a hoof to her mouth discreetly, she quickly hushed him and then turned back towards the group.

"What'd I tell ya? I'mma just be a minute."

Turning and crouching down beside Lupus, she slammed the barrel of her silenced pistol against his head and hissed, "Who the hell are you, and why shouldn't I blow your brains out for eavesdropping on us?"