Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Are you looking forward to the return of Starlight Glimmer?

Dracu98

Is that genuinely what you're calling her? xD

Indeed it is.  And forgive the lateness of my reply.  I was boycotting the forums until the baby banner came down.  (I really hate that baby.)

And I'm kind of neutral about seeing Glimmer again.  I didn't much like her during the season five premiere, my views towards her gradually softened as the season wore on, and then the season five finale happened.  You know: The season five finale where she majorly overreacted to the events in the premiere and screwed over multiple would-be realities before simply and arbitrarily deciding, "Heck, guess I won't rip this thing and condemn everyone to their respective fates."

I know what you mean.  Her reasons for everything she did were pretty flimsy.  If everyone who'd ever lost a childhood friend tried to destroy the world....yeah.  And then her reform was instantaneous, but really, that's the go-to FIM staple at this point.  Even so, The Cutie Re-Mark, (or Darkness and Starlight, as it should have been called) was my favorite two-parter.  All they needed to do was have more Starlight backstory, showing better and more believable reasons for her rage and fear.  For instance, imagine that, if instead of just losing one friend, cutie marks had been responsible Starlight losing her entire family and her home.  Imagine if she had been living on the street for years, and when she had created her village, that was the first time she had a clean bed and decent food since she was a filly.  Yeah, now things are starting to get interesting!  Too dark for FIM, I know, but I'm just saying, a more plausible reason for her decent into evil would make her story so much better.

I still like her, and now that I've seen the premiere, I actually really like what they did with her.

• Brohoof 1

I am looking forward to Starlight's return for season 6. I like how she became Twilight's student and I'm looking forward to seeing her character development as she learns the true meaning of friendship this season.