Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

the movie, in light of the last two two parters, FG, and the overall trend...

Unlikeable Pony

What do you think the odds are of the other 5 of the mane six just cameoing while twilight and a brand new character introduced for the movie going off on a solo adventure?

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 3

What do you think the odds are of the other 5 of the mane six just cameoing while twilight and a brand new character introduced for the movie going off on a solo adventure?

I was thinking that during the premiere actually. :P But I think it'll revert back to each character or pairs of characters getting their own episodes, also getting those group moments in the process. The map is still there, which will continue to beckon characters to the unknown.

I was thinking that during the premiere actually. :P But I think it'll revert back to each character or pairs of characters getting their own episodes, also getting those group moments in the process. The map is still there, which will continue to beckon characters to the unknown.

My thoughts exactly! Aren't there still locations on the map that haven't yet been explored too?  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I've heard that there are gonna be new locations and everything actually. :D

Well, as long as they give me MY FREAKING BAT HORSES  :=: , I'll be happy  >_> . Well, we revisited the Crystal Empiyah, we'll visit Manehattan again, but we'll also explore dragon territory as far as we know. Hope we get more new areas rather than old, and again, if them give me dem bats .......

As we all seen, Twi's usually either a, or THE main focus in premieres and finales, while the rest of the season puts her on the sidelines in favor to another one or pair of Mane6. I doubt the movie will put someone else as the main focus instead of her..... Unless they make her the damsel in distress, that would be unexpected  :dash:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 2

Well, as long as they give me MY FREAKING BAT HORSES  :=: , I'll be happy  >_> . Well, we revisited the Crystal Empiyah, we'll visit Manehattan again, but we'll also explore dragon territory as far as we know. Hope we get more new areas rather than old, and again, if them give me dem bats .......

Bat horses? You should rather make way for glorious Snakepony Masterrace for the movie. ;)

• Brohoof 2

There being slice of life episodes in the middle of the season isn't anything I doubt; nor do I doubt that there might be a cameo of the mane six in the movie. The S5 finale had cameos of the mane six for example too.

I'm just pointing out that, based on the current trend for two parters and adventure episodes, it seems highly likely that they'll follow suit and have it be a solo movie, more or less, with twilight and possibly a new character. (Possibly starlight as well if they decide to make her like sunset as a deuteragonist, but that remains to be seen), with the other 5 not really appearing or featuring in it more than a few lines.

As we all seen, Twi's usually either a, or THE main focus in premieres and finales, while the rest of the season puts her on the sidelines in favor to another one or pair of Mane6.

I never understand this argument; I never do. Twilight got equal screentime and focus in S5 to the others and wasn't snubbed in any way shape or form :/

Its not like twilight gets the two parters alone and just dissapears for the rest of the season: she got a map episode just like the others, and got just as many slice of life episodes as RD, AJ, Rarity, ect. The only one who edged twilight out was pinkie pie as an outlier with one more :/

Saying that twilight gets "put on the sidelines" is only true if the "sidelines" is "not more episodes than the others" :/

There being slice of life episodes in the middle of the season isn't anything I doubt; nor do I doubt that there might be a cameo of the mane six in the movie. The S5 finale had cameos of the mane six for example too.

I'm just pointing out that, based on the current trend for two parters and adventure episodes, it seems highly likely that they'll follow suit and have it be a solo movie, more or less, with twilight and possibly a new character. (Possibly starlight as well if they decide to make her like sunset as a deuteragonist, but that remains to be seen), with the other 5 not really appearing or featuring in it more than a few lines.

I never understand this argument; I never do. Twilight got equal screentime and focus in S5 to the others and wasn't snubbed in any way shape or form :/

Its not like twilight gets the two parters alone and just dissapears for the rest of the season: she got a map episode just like the others, and got just as many slice of life episodes as RD, AJ, Rarity, ect. The only one who edged twilight out was pinkie pie as an outlier with one more :/

Saying that twilight gets "put on the sidelines" is only true if the "sidelines" is "not more episodes than the others" :/

Yes, true, she does have role in between episodes, but it's not like S1 where Twi was central in most episodes. They mostly were either: Twi episode, or Twi + a Mane6, that's what I meant 

If they just pushed the rest of the mane 6 away for the movie, I will be upset. Twilight's great and all, but part of the reason the show's so good is its focus on each of the characters. Going away from that AND introducing a completely new character would be very annoying, especially so soon after Starlight.

I would actually rather see more new characters. Much of the Mane 6's development has been explored already. However, reducing them to empty cameos would be very bad for the show considering it's obliged to include them in almost every episode, to the point of shoehorning like in Season 1.

If they get a nice role as teachers or role models to other characters, that would be a great next step for them. It's time the show gave other characters a shot in the spotlight, though, considering its huge cast compared with its narrow main focus.

I would actually rather see more new characters. Much of the Mane 6's development has been explored already. However, reducing them to empty cameos would be very bad for the show considering it's obliged to include them in almost every episode, to the point of shoehorning like in Season 1.

If they get a nice role as teachers or role models to other characters, that would be a great next step for them. It's time the show gave other characters a shot in the spotlight, though, considering its huge cast compared with its narrow main focus.

I'm sure the writers will give them some kind of role. 

I could see them doing that, the show has really focused on Twilight since season 3, hopefully Meghan give all the mane 6 the spotlight but if it goes the season 6 premiere route and barley have the mane 5 in it I will rage. I honestly forgot that the mane 6 outside of Twilight, Spike, and Starlight were at the Crystal Empire during the new epsiode. I didn't think it would of gotten worse than the season 3 premiere.

I'm not saying that it will happen just saying that it can; season 5's premier had all the mane 6 equally I feel so not all hope is lost.

Edited by Rappy0

I could see them doing that, the show has really focused on Twilight since season 3, hopefully Meghan give all the mane 6 the spotlight but if it goes the season 6 premiere route and barley have the mane 5 in it I will rage. I honestly forgot that the mane 6 outside of Twilight, Spike, and Starlight were at the Crystal Empire during the new epsiode. I didn't think it would of gotten worse than the season 3 premiere.

I'm not saying that it will happen just saying that it can; season 5's premier had all the mane 6 equally I feel so not all hope is lost.

You think Josh Haber was just having a really hard time with the premier?

The S5 premier was written by Larson with Larson acting as the show's head writer though. That one had the other 5 be very important but was also the work of a completely different person than Haber.

Compare Haber's Work on FG, the cutie remark and the crystaling, and it seems to be a long term trend and not just an outlier, sadly.

Now, granted, McCarthy is the one in charge of the movie, not Haber, so there's some hope there: but Given that Haber was placed in charge of the show, it would imply that his direction for things is in line with what McCarthy's view of things was. (and McCarthy's works included EQG 1 and the crystal empire, which were just as bad about it as haber's work)

Now, granted, McCarthy is the one in charge of the movie, not Haber, so there's some hope there: but Given that Haber was placed in charge of the show, it would imply that his direction for things is in line with what McCarthy's view of things was. (and McCarthy's works included EQG 1 and the crystal empire, which were just as bad about it as haber's work)

So it is supposed to be that Meghan is the one who decides who the next story editor is supposed to be? And not a decision made by a bunch of Hasbro execs, which Meghan may have only been one of, and they would also take into consideration things like who they felt was most capable of leading a team and who would actually be interested in staying on the show and not continuing other projects (Larson) or is moving on to different companies (Rogers)?

And how exactly would he convey his direction would match up with the "Twilight plus new character are stars while mane 5 are cameos" idea? Like would he flat out say that's what he would plan to do or that's what his intent was?

• Brohoof 1

So it is supposed to be that Meghan is the one who decides who the next story editor is supposed to be?

meghan's the head of storytelling for all girls brands; so, while not in a very personal sense like before, she's still the direct boss of Haber and still has a large amount of responsibility to the MLP group due to being the one working on the movie.

As such, since she's still the boss of Haber and has to insure that S6 will sync up properly into the movie (presumably they will want the movie to have a spot that it fits neatly into the FIM story timeline) she still most assuredly has meetings with haber and discussions on what's going on in the show and what the plotlines are.

She may not be the one directly appointing him on her own, but she still has a position of authority over him which he has corrospondence with and presumably has to clear his plotlines with her first as his boss.

as such the way the show goes should presumably be in line with her views of how the franchise should be going since she should be clearing everything.

• 2 weeks later...