Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted OC Race/Class.

Gamer_KM

Ok, so here it is, they are called Avatars, They are ponies who use attributes of more powerful beings.

There are 2 types of avatar: A blessed avatar and a descended avatar. a blessed avatar is gifted the power from the being they are the avatar of, while descended is gifted from their families bloodline. 

Example,:Gizmo, my unicorn OC, is the Avatar of Discord, He has access to Chaos magic and spells, and to an existent can manipulate the fabric of reality. When he is really juiced up, he takes on a few physical changes, His tail turns into a braid of a Monkey's,a cheetah's,& a Snake's tails, His mane turns into a storm cloud. and his eyes will turn orange with red irises, his left front leg turns into a cat's paw. However being an avatar of discord, he has little control of his magic and must wear a power limiter at all times(unless he wants to use his chaos magic). 

A little Examples I collected what this could work in the show.

Twilight is the Avatar of Celestia, She is simi-immune to fire, and her physical change when she mad she can set her mane and tail on fire and she turns white. she is a blessed avatar

Pinkie is another avatar of discord, She can crate things from next to nothing, and seems to have a pocket reality in her mane and tail, and can bend space to sudo-telaport. She also has a different plait to the rest of her family.(Slight head canon: chaos magic is pink). her "Pinkie sense"(and to that effect maud's sense) is her channeling chaos magic to crate an outcome,she has little control over what the outcome is though. Down side for her is her mind works in such a way nopony can really understand it. she is a descended avatar. 

So yeah, what do you thing

(Mods if this is missposted I sorry, I put it in OC because it seemed to match the best)

Also one could say, Celestia is an avatar of the sun and luna an avatar of the moon.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

@@Gamer_KM,

It is certainly an interesting concept, one that would work well in certain RPs and for a great deal of OC designs.

As a question, so Twilight is the avatar of another avatar? The avatar of that avatar of the sun? I would then assume that Discord is the avatar of chaos, thus you and pinkie would be avatars of avatars again. Maybe that should be the qualification of decended avatar, and there would then be the third category for the decedents of avatars, demi-tars perhaps?

Hmm... I like it. It's a good way to explain how a pony has special abilities normal ponies don't. I hate it when people are like "my OC's special talent it controlling fire", but they are an earth pony. It makes no sense. This kind of provides a way for that to happen. 

• Brohoof 1

Also one could say, Celestia is an avatar of the sun and Luna an avatar of the moon.

So you're saying that the Sun and Moon are living beings of great power?  :o

b9e789ee53122872b753f9fb8f7b879a.jpg

I quite like the idea, but wouldn't the Sun and Moon raise and set themselves if they had all that power  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I quite like the idea, but wouldn't the Sun and Moon raise and set themselves if they had all that power  :huh:

Sure, but what if they are just lazy...or they gave up the ability to stop something.

Simmaler to how luna,celestia and candace power dumped on twilight at the end of s5. They could have dumped there ability to move on their own......OR What if they are able to move, and Celestia and Luna just tell them to go? what if they need mass amounts of power to just talk to them.