Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Skytrotter

Why doesn't Big Macintosh get much screen time? Or for that matter, any lines besides "Yup." and "Nope."? Well, besides the times in S02E17 & S02E23, when he actually says more that one word at a time (and the times he utters more than one word, he's under a the influence of a love potion, or raging mad).

Maybe the fact that he only says "Yup." and "Nope." is the reason he gets practically no screen time. Or the very fact that he only says two words is what makes him so interesting (well, at least to me).

I'm just curious to know what anypony else has to say about this.

His sheer levels of swag would distract the viewers and the ponies from the task at hand.

In all seriousness, though I like his character they shouldn't try and force his character into the show any more then they already have. He is a lot more common then the average "other" pony that we see (I shall never classify Mac as a background pony). We should be happy with the levels of Mac swag that we have, we do see him pretty regularly and though he doesn't usually say anything other then eeyup, it just means that when he does say things other then eeyup that we begin to really pay attention. He is shown as the strong, solid type and I would't want to change that just so he can fit a couple more lines in :lol:

• Brohoof 3

More Big Mac screen time = less screen time for everypony else

they've only got 20-something minutes people !

~

Yet they give the Cutie Mark Crusaders whole episodes, in which the main characters don't even appear.

It's probably because he's a big fella. And the show is called "My Little Pony" for a reason. Maybe that's why...

Patronizing sarcasm, eh?

Anyways, if size had anything to do with the shows heroes/heroines, then the Cutie Mark Crusaders would be the main characters, because TS, PP, RD, AJ, R, and FS are most definitely NOT little in comparison.

• Brohoof 1

He also talks quite a bit in Applebuck Season(S01E04). Anyways, even though he's not the main focus of the show, I think he gets enough screen time to show that he's not just another background pony(he is Applejack and Apple Bloom's big brother, after all). Plus, he always leaves quite an impression whenever he's on screen imo.

It's his thing, in shows like in real life, there are folks who are quiet, and those who are outgoing. I enjoy characters like B.C because they make the show that much more believable. That not everyone is outgoing and talkative, just for the sake of keeping the viewer entertained.

It's his thing, in shows like in real life, there are folks who are quiet, and those who are outgoing. I enjoy characters like B.C because they make the show that much more believable. That not everyone is outgoing and talkative, just for the sake of keeping the viewer entertained.

Yeah. I think if Big Mac stayed on screen long enough, he would eventually stop talking and just stare at the screen you for a very long time.

It's a part of his character; ultimately, Bic Mac's just a very big, strong, humble, modest, and maybe even a little shy, pony. His actions speak louder than his words, and I love that about the guy.

Plus, do not forget the last time MLP tried to make sure that every single pony got the same amount of screen time as often as possible...

Posted Image

... :blink: ... the horror... the horror.

Big Mac, just stay the way you are, and the way we love you!

:mellow:

I'll take that as a big "EYUP!" :)

• Brohoof 2

However that doesn't stop the fandom from supposing he's only older than the mane characters by very few years (thereby "shippable" without age discomfort) and conversationalistic when given direct opportunity or situation context.

Are you saying Big Mac is older then the rest by a long shot?

Are you saying Big Mac is older then the rest by a long shot?

Presumably, depending upon your definition of "long shot".

Supposing that the mane cast means on 18-20 years of age, it would be logical to assume that Big Macintosh therefore is at the very least 19-21 to 27-ish years old.

However Cheerilee is presumed to be of average age for a relatively experienced teacher, which would make her in the order of probably around 26-30 or possibly older. With Hearts & Hooves it is supposed that Macintosh and Cheerilee are of very similar age.

That is the basis for my assumption.

Presumably, depending upon your definition of "long shot".

Supposing that the mane cast means on 18-20 years of age, it would be logical to assume that Big Macintosh therefore is at the very least 19-21 to 27-ish years old.

However Cheerilee is presumed to be of average age for a relatively experienced teacher, which would make her in the order of probably around 26-30 or possibly older. With Hearts & Hooves it is supposed that Macintosh and Cheerilee are of very similar age.

That is the basis for my assumption.

Well I am confused from the episode "Cutie stories" or whatever. The one where the CMC go around. it suggests that AJ and Big Mac are relatively the same age.

Well I am confused from the episode "Cutie stories" or whatever. The one where the CMC go around. it suggests that AJ and Big Mac are relatively the same age.

Cutie Mark Chronicles, S1E23.

It shows Applejack and Big Macintosh as foals, but Macintosh is still larger than AJ.

Cutie Mark Chronicles, S1E23.

It shows Applejack and Big Macintosh as foals, but Macintosh is still larger than AJ.

Yea I guess you're right. I just thought they looked similar that they'd be in the same age group.

Big Mac isn't exactly a background pony, he's one of the "supporting chacraters", I think his level of importance to the show is equal to Granny Smith, except Big Mac is more famous for his simple and bland vocabulary. lol :P

I'm glad that each got their own decen screentime episode (Grannt had Family Appreciation Day and Big Mac had Hearts and Hooves Day....Hm....funny, they both are named after days...)

I'm not sure if either will have another episode soon, but I think they reciveved almost as much popularity as they're going to get for now.

But still, that wouldn't be bad if they had their own exclusive ep, lol. :P

• Brohoof 1

Granny smith is better then big mac imo. Come on now, who wouldnt love a grandma like that!

I really liked her in Family Appreciaiton Day. She was so hilarious! XD Plus, it was one of my favorite episdoes for a very good reason.

Like I previously stated, Big Mac may be more famous, but from what I see, he and Granny get the same amount of screentime, overall. And that's just the way I like it, I think they're both equal-level supporting characters.