Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the movie underperform?

CastletonSnob

I wanna just say that if the movie looks and feels like MLP FiM... If indeed that's the movie. All I know is if the movie doesn't take place in the real world like The Smurfs turning MLP CG which may not be too bad but I'm getting off track here. I read a tweet that they got Leib Schreiber a Taye Diggs for the movie.

So I wonder if the movie will be like this huge deal with a pretty budget... All one can do is wait and see. We won't do any good getting all worked up over a film that's not even playing this year... Cough Power Rarngers 2017 Cough. Ahem! We fgot nowhere good over hyping Batman V Superman which I doubt was the movie's fault. The movie was trailored like crazy; Some that feel was too much in some detail and we all know how Batman V Superman turned out... Many mostly hated it.

I didn't as much, however, I can understand everyone's feelings behind them. I would have liked Superman to do more... Superman stuff. For Batman to be less paranoid in choosing simply to destroy Superman because he's got a lot of power (who could destroy the Earth if he wanted to) and more "The Great a Detective" and only want or choose the option of only taking down Superman if He ever turned evil or mind controlled by a combination of Poison Ivy's spores and kryptonite. He'd create some contingency for all the heroes should they turn which he inadvertently did in the DC animated film Justice League Doom.

What I'm trying to get at is people will always create films out of whatever or whoever. The possibility of sucking is always there, but it could also be awesome and worth the waiting. All we can do is either speculate and read too much into it or just let it come when it comes and see what happens.

I mean Equestria Girls is still happening and its got mixed reviews from bronies mostly. However, the movie probably will focus on the ponies and create some original plot for the film, possibly. That's all I'm gonna say about that. People ruin movies a lot by over speculating, theorizing and even potential plot leaks and spoilers ruining the film completely. I can't stop the Internet firm talking about films or T.V. shows. I can however say that I'm tired of it. I have to see some pony posting something about a film or T.V. show and well, sometimes you just can't escape the speculators and the theorists from doing what they do. I usually watch their videos after I've seen a film or T.V. show, that's all.

Yeah. I'm guessing the budget will be around $80 million or so for the film plus advertising. The name, word of mouth, and marketing are the factors to this movie being a success.

We still have another year to wait, and trailers for the film haven't even arrived yet. But for the sake of speculation, I don't think the movie will underperform or bomb. It'll just be a modest success, or maybe slightly above that provided it is marketed well enough, and there are enough people talking about it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah. I'm guessing the budget will be around $80 million or so for the film plus advertising. The name, word of mouth, and marketing are the factors to this movie being a success.

80 million is actually an absurdly high amount for an animated film to have. Its possible they earmarked that much for marketing, but its still vastly more than most animated films even get close to. about 30-40 is more the norm for an animated movie.

(edited)

80 million is actually an absurdly high amount for an animated film to have. Its possible they earmarked that much for marketing, but its still vastly more than most animated films even get close to. about 30-40 is more the norm for an animated movie.

Nope. It's actually the lower end of animated films these days. $175 million is considered normal.

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial