Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favorite Movie Soundtracks

Away

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Aside from great but predictable choices like Star Wars or Avengers? It's Transformers the Movie. both the score and the soundtrack are fantastic

There are two soundtracks that I always go back to:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2015-02-14 at 12:07 AM, Jonny Music said:

Balto, hands down!

James Horner did an excellent job with the soundtrack for this animated classic (imo). For the last animated film he composed for, he gave a huge effort for it. If I ever get to meet James Horner himself in person, I would want to sincerely congratulate him for the hard work he's put into the soundtrack for this movie. He's had a huge impact in my life (yes, I also like the soundtrack he made for The Karate Kid).

Here are two of the best tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mbEZpfnejk 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494rOsSZIMc

Welp, James Horner passed away in a terrible accident that very year as I typed this in about 9 years ago. It's sad that he's already gone. However, that doesn't mean he will be forgotten.

Last month, I released this organ cover of the first track mentioned in my quoted post. I will work on the second one as soon as I'm ready.

In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy it:

• 4 weeks later...

The list of my favorites are as follows.

Jaws, there's no other soundtrack quite suspenseful than what John Williams has composed in this film, but also some of my favorite films of all time.

Star Wars, you don't need to be a fan to recognize such masterpieces like Duel Of The Fates, Imperial March, and of course the main opening theme which is by far the most iconic of all time.

Titanic, a soundtrack beaming with beauty and soul, and the movie rendition of Nearer My God To Thee, absolutely love it.

Maximum Overdrive, one of those so called B movies that's also really a lot of fun to watch, and to hear AC/DC as the main soundtrack is just simply the best.

Top Gun, mainly both the anthem and Kenny Loggins's Danger Zone, which are f*****g awesome, I can just listen to those songs over and over again.

• Hugs 1

(edited)

The first 5 Transformers live action movies (a.k.a Bayverse), I almost cried listening to Steve Jablonsky's themes at the end of Rise of The Beasts (the most recent film)

If I had to choose only one, then Revenge of The Fallen (Movie 2), specially because of this theme, my beloved.

Extra: for me the scores are much more iconic than the Linkin Park songs.

Edited by Rafa Stary
More to my opinion

18 hours ago, Spark Thunderbass said:

The list of my favorites are as follows.

Jaws, there's no other soundtrack quite suspenseful than what John Williams has composed in this film, but also some of my favorite films of all time.

Star Wars, you don't need to be a fan to recognize such masterpieces like Duel Of The Fates, Imperial March, and of course the main opening theme which is by far the most iconic of all time.

Titanic, a soundtrack beaming with beauty and soul, and the movie rendition of Nearer My God To Thee, absolutely love it.

Maximum Overdrive, one of those so called B movies that's also really a lot of fun to watch, and to hear AC/DC as the main soundtrack is just simply the best.

Top Gun, mainly both the anthem and Kenny Loggins's Danger Zone, which are f*****g awesome, I can just listen to those songs over and over again.

Agreed with AC/DC, Star Wars and Top Gun:fiery:  

Anything by John Williams tends to be amazing.

Spoiler

Same with Shiro Sagisu. His original tracks for The End of Evangelion are beautiful, as are his arrangements for existing songs. Seriously, dude deserves so much more acknowledgment, he’s amazing.

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

That's a hard one. I'd say Phantom Menace, maybe? Say what you will about the movie, but John Williams never disappoints. Duel of the fates is the standout track for sure, but I think the score for the entire movie is incredible.