Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seeking Art, Offering Randomness

Randimaxis

Well, I've finished the sketch! Sort of. Yeah. Most definitely.

I don't have time to draw tonight, so I'll start the real drawing tomorrow. When am I finished? No one knows.

But it's probably this weekend. Just saying.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here we go! (: 

Trivy hold her tears at the mention of Hope. She had spent a few days with that little filly, playing games, talk and laugh. She still felt horrible when she discovered her body in the morning. least her mother wasn't there when she died. She had already comfort too many parents when their children died.

Harcourt's brow furrowed with concentration.  "We've still yet to completely map out the Everfree Forest, but Sombra's forces still maintain a base there - and we have no idea where, as well.  Trivy, do you think there's anyplace I haven't thought of?  After all - though I may be great," he gave a weak grin, "I am hardly infallible.  Can you think of anywhere we haven't tried yet?"

Suddenly, a pained expression crossed his features, and he visibly strained to hold back an outburst.  After a moment, he looked at Trivy.  The pain was evident on his tired face.

"I think I know of one place we... I haven't tried yet.  The Blackwater Mines, at the foot of the Crystal Mountains.  They..."

Tears began to stream down his muzzle, but he looked away, as if pacing while he talked.  He wouldn't let Trivy see him cry.

sig-4545382.m0PQ6vb.png

There is another scene later on I really want to try drawing...so I probably will at some point. I hope you like it. I'm still really working on my shading and backgrounds and stuff...I'll get there eventually. n//n;;

Edited by Ghostweaver
  • Brohoof 2

OH... 

MY...

LUNA...

[Please wait for proper response after system reboots.]

• Brohoof 2

@Ghostweaver, I am extremely happy with this wonderful piece of art!

Harcourt looks as I described him; you've done a kind job of showing his act of hiding his pain.  I thank you from the very core of my heart, and I humbly bow before your skill.  *bows low*

I would like to ask your permission to put this on the Sombra's Shadow Fan Thread; this is really good, and I think I know somepony who'll be surprised and pleased to see Trivy in this as well...

May I?

O.O

Wow... @Stardust*, I am speechless!  THANK YOU!  It's amazing!

Give me a few moments; let me see what I can do on Vocaroo for you; any requests?

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

No rush, I don't really know what vocaroo does lol. First time hearing about it. uhm, idk. something that might go with Sombra's Shadow.

Or something that you think would go good with Stardust's personality. :yay: 

• Brohoof 1

@Ghostweaver, I am extremely happy with this wonderful piece of art!

Harcourt looks as I described him; you've done a kind job of showing his act of hiding his pain.  I thank you from the very core of my heart, and I humbly bow before your skill.  *bows low*

I would like to ask your permission to put this on the Sombra's Shadow Fan Thread; this is really good, and I think I know somepony who'll be surprised and pleased to see Trivy in this as well...

May I?

Oh my goodness! Of course. (: I'm so glad you're pleased with it. My only request is that you use the one I'm about to share here again. I, er...may have forgotten to make one of his hair layers visible when I posted this yesterday. Because I'm a well-adjusted adult and not a harebrain at all... n///n;;;

c7otUcH.png

• Brohoof 2

@Frosty Frost, your short story, as promised.

If it's not to your liking, let me know and I shall fix it to match your tastes. 

I Lava You

by Randimaxis

“Y’all just hang tight; we’ll be there faster’n a jackrabbit during harvest season!”

Applejack called down to the two ponies below her, situated on the single shard of jutting rock left to stand on. The lava bubbled and burped around them, and one false step could spell disaster.

Starlight Glimmer stood on her end of the rock, looking up at the hole far above her where AJ had spoken from. She knew she would have to put her faith in her teacher and friends once again for this… but she couldn’t help but worry. The magic that had been released from the spell Twilight had been SURE was ready was quite malevolent; the lava was simply the latest trick to pop up since the anti-magic field had come into existence. “Okay, but please hurry – it’s REALLY hot down here!” She called up to her friend, hoping that it would be over soon.

Sunburst simply sat there, scuffing the scant dirt on the rock with a hoof as he began to sweat in earnest from the searing heat around them. It was a dire situation, to be sure, but he was certain that Princess Twilight Sparkle and the other bearers of the Elements of Harmony would take care of things… he just hoped they would do so quicker than their usual 30-minutes-or-less routine; he and Starlight would BOTH be cooked by then.

AJ sent down her Countryism reassurances, then took off – leaving Starlight and Sunburst alone. Alone and sweating. Baking with heat. Slow-roasting in what felt like the flames of Tartaru-

“RRRRRRRRGH!” Starlight cried out in frustration as she sat down hard on the rock, feeling the heat rising up through her flank and into her head, or so it felt like. “It’s just so IRRITATING! Twilight should have tried the spell on a smaller scale! You were right all along, Sunburst! But she didn’t seem to listen to you…” She hung her head a bit, a look of dry sarcasm on her muzzle. “Celestia’s top student, my flank.”

Sunburst lifted an eyebrow, then blushed a bit as he made a point of looking elsewhere than at her. “Well, you can’t exactly blame her – a spell meant to defend Equestria from rogue magics could be incredibly useful; she was just excited about it.”

Starlight threw a look at her companion. “She STILL could have listened to you! I mean, you know SO MUCH about magic, you’d think she would have made one of her patented lists of your suggestions and advice!”

Sunburst sighed, but smiled as he shook his head back and forth. “She’s not so different than you or I. you know – and everypony has to make their own mistakes, right?” This may have hit a bit close to home for Sunburst’s comfort, but he was pointing out the obvious here… she couldn’t be mad at him for it.

Starlight sighed, then offered a weak smile. “Well… you DO have me, there.” She looked up at the hole, so far away above them both, and felt another rivulet of sweat drift down her cheek. “I just wish I had something to think about besides this AWFUL heat!” She began to fan herself with her hooves, seeking any solace from the thick heat that she could get.

Sunburst pulled his cloak a little tighter around himself; he didn’t want it to get singed. “Well… hey, you remember that time we pulled open my mother’s oven, turned it on, and pretended we were stranded in the desert?” He smiled at the memory.

Starlight’s own smile began to lift as well. “Yeah… I remember that! By the time she came to check on us, it was hot enough to melt the cheese she kept in the pantry; that river of cheddar!”

They both laughed brightly at the fond memory of Sunburst’s mother opening the pantry door and getting her hooves bathed in liquid cheese. As they laughed, they moved closer together to keep from accidentally falling into the lava flow. Their flanks briefly touched, and both of them went quiet at the same moment.

Looking to each other, they both gave each other embarrassed smiles before quickly turning away, Sunburst clearing his throat as Starlight found something of interest to stare at on the opposite wall. They were quiet for a moment, then both suddenly turned and burst out at the other.

“Sorry, that was my-”
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

They both stopped, staring at each other in the bright red glow of the flowing rock around them.

Starlight Glimmer had never seen Sunburst like this before – the red light seemed to bring out his best features, profile-wise, and he was gosh-darn adorable as he stood there looking guilty for no reason whatsoever.

Sunburst, meanwhile, has been trying to think of a way to get the two of them out of here without the use of magic; the anti-magic field had made all but the most potent spells impossible to cast – which was why they were both currently stuck here. However, he was noticing more and more how much Starlight kept looking at him… and how HE kept looking at HER, as well.

Now, they were both there. Waiting for a rescue. Alone. With each other.

The two of them cast a glance at each other at the exact same moment… then mimicked each other perfectly as they both turned away in unison and blushed brightly.

“Uhm… S-s-starlight?”

“Yeah?”

“I… uh, well… you see…”

It was at this critical moment that the lava directly behind Sunburst suddenly made a loud >BLOOP< sound as a bubble of magma burst. Startled, he leapt forward, and bumped right into Starlight, their heads making that hollow coconut sound as they collided.

OW!OUCH!

They both rubbed their muzzles, then they looked up – and it became quite apparent that they were now sitting in the dead center of the rock, practically in each others’ laps! Starlight’s eyes widened, and Sunburst’s glasses slid down his muzzle as the two locked eyes.

Neither said a single word; they simply stood there, barrel to barrel with muzzles almost touching.

Then slowly, ever so slowly, Starlight dipped her muzzle down ward and gently, oh so gently, she nuzzled against the side of his neck and leaned carefully yet comfortably against him.  Sunburst’s eyes widened to the size of dinner platters at first, but after a moment or two he brought up a hoof and wrapped it around her shoulders, and leaned his own noggin against the top of her head, minding the horn.

They stayed that way for quite some time.

Sunburst sighed and gave Starlight a slight squeeze; neither one had said a word since this began… and they both felt as if speaking would shatter the moment unduly. Besides, they had felt this way for each other for a bit, and it was about time something came of their feelings… even something as simple as a nuzzle and a squeeze.

Above the two, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle were all looking down on the adorable couple from above. AJ turned to the alicorn princess.

“So… y’all reckon we should tell ‘em that lava’s harmless now, that your spell went off without a hitch, and the trouble’s all over an’ done with?”

Twilight looked over at Pinkie, who eyes were bright and happy as they stared down at the two pones below. She then smiled back at her apple-bucking friend.

Naaaaah… let ‘em sit there for a bit more. They look like they need it.”

Pinkie grinned over at her friends. Dibs on the Wedding Planner job!

All three laughed above, while the two sweethearts snuggled below.

They didn’t have to say a single word; their smiles told all the tale that anypony would ever need to know.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Randimaxis

Woah! This is great! :o

Thanks so much! I really liked reading it. :twi:

I'm really sorry that I haven't finished my drawing yet, I've been busy, and I'm drawing on a much larger scale than I normally do. :adorkable:

*drops an "I'm sorry" carving*

Well, @Randimaxis, here it is!

aAFVsBl.png

If you didn't know, I drew her as engineer, from TF2. (It's the first thing I thought when I saw her picture...)

class_engired.png

I hope you like it! I spent waaaay to long getting the shape of the body right... :blush:

Edited by Frosty Frost
  • Brohoof 1

@Frosty Frost, the artwork is splendid!  Thank you so very, very much!

And I am quite pleased that you enjoyed the story; one is glad to be of service.  *humbly bows*

• Brohoof 1

Well, there are two things I know:

1. I love your writing.
  2. I love your Blackwater Quarry universe though I'm too intimidated to ever join the RP

Having said that, I was thinking I could do a family portrait-like thing of the Blackwaters in exchange for a small story involving Sleepy Hollow (my OC who is in my signature).

I hope my offer can be considered!

• Brohoof 1

Awwww!  @Melted Dog, Sleepy Hollow is adorable!   

I could do a short story for you starring her... and if you like, I'll even throw in a quarry character or two - just name who you'd like, if you're interested.

Otherwise, do you have any idea what you might want the general theme of the story to be?  Comedy?  Drama?  Horror?  Sci-Fi?  Infomercial?  The choice is yours!

Awwww!  @Melted Dog, Sleepy Hollow is adorable!   

I could do a short story for you starring her... and if you like, I'll even throw in a quarry character or two - just name who you'd like, if you're interested.

Otherwise, do you have any idea what you might want the general theme of the story to be?  Comedy?  Drama?  Horror?  Sci-Fi?  Infomercial?  The choice is yours!

Since she's a detective, maybe a noir-ish story?

The character can be whatever you like!

• Brohoof 1

I has patience!  }:>

Thank you so very, very much for this - I thoroughly appreciate it!

You are, by far, the COOLEST Melted Dog I've ever known!

I haven't forgotten about this thread; I've simply been tending to other gardens.

(But this is STILL open!)

And @Melted Dog, I'm still working on a decent story idea... but I think I've got one, so I should be starting on it tonight.

I haven't forgotten about this thread; I've simply been tending to other gardens.

(But this is STILL open!)

And @Melted Dog, I'm still working on a decent story idea... but I think I've got one, so I should be starting on it tonight.

I'm just finishing off the portrait!

• Brohoof 1