Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any one else here in the armed forces?

Shadowrunner

I am a junior Marine who just to my permanent duty station, and i was wondering if anyone else else on this site is a member of the armed forces, weather from the United states or overseas. And wondering what everyone else though of bronies in the military.

• Brohoof 1

I've never been in the military but I used to go to school near Fort Bragg so I know a lot of people who have. I've seen some of the military bronies on youtube. At one point I considered joining the military but it seems extremely physically and psychologically exhausting and there are more restrictions on one's freedoms. But I do respect and admire those who serve in the armed forces. God bless.

I've never been in the military but I used to go to school near Fort Bragg so I know a lot of people who have. I've seen some of the military bronies on youtube. At one point I considered joining the military but it seems extremely physically and psychologically exhausting and there are more restrictions on one's freedoms. But I do respect and admire those who serve in the armed forces. God bless.

Its all in the mind, if you want it you'll get it as long as you push you're self. May i ask what branch you were thinking of going for? 

At one point in time I considered applying for the Navy's Officer Candidate School but I'm getting a little too old at this point to qualify and the main reason I would enlist is assistance in paying back student loans.

At one point in time I considered applying for the Navy's Officer Candidate School but I'm getting a little too old at this point to qualify and the main reason I would enlist is assistance in paying back student loans.

Every one has there own reasons. In the end the place it gets you is the same. 

I wanted to join the german army (one of the dumbest ideas in my entire life).

Well... I got declined... because I said some inappropriate things in the interview.

Lucky me! ^^'

(edited)

I'm a Navy Veteran, I joined shortly after high school. I was stationed on Whidbey Island, Washington. I worked on ejection seats and the oxygen systems for the jets. It was interesting and a challenge, especially being a female. But I'm glad I did it. 

EDIT: I was a fan of the show while I was in, it didn't affect me or anyone that I knew. I didn't have any merchandise in my barracks room or anything, mainly because I didn't really want anything in there that wasn't necessary for inspections and such. 

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 2

If I may ask, why did you join the Marines?

Felt like the right thing, to be honest i aint exactly a people person but none the less i just wanted to see if i could make the world a better place before i leave it. Now i am a Private and a new boot drop. What happens remains to be seen but if i help a few people before i get out it will all be worth it. 

• Brohoof 1

Felt like the right thing, to be honest i aint exactly a people person but none the less i just wanted to see if i could make the world a better place before i leave it. Now i am a Private and a new boot drop. What happens remains to be seen but if i help a few people before i get out it will all be worth it. 

Good luck and God bless. A college buddy of mine was an army officer in Afghanistan.

Yeah. I don't really see anyone I knew from school anymore except for 2 guys I see about every 2 months.

Know how you feel, ever since i enlisted i lost contact with all my high school friends. 

Nope. My great grandfather, my grandfather, and my father, all who have served, told me not to enlist unless I have no choice.

Screw it, I ain't going to college. May as well.

I don't really use Facebook that much either.

Lol, it always seemed a little to stalker to me. 

Nope. My great grandfather, my grandfather, and my father, all who have served, told me not to enlist unless I have no choice.

Screw it, I ain't going to college. May as well.

What branch are you gunning for?

You willing to push you're self?

I've never been "willing" to push myself, but that hasn't stopped me yet. I am certain that I will push myself, should I need to. And I feel that I will.

I've never been "willing" to push myself, but that hasn't stopped me yet. I am certain that I will push myself, should I need to. And I feel that I will.

If you work as hard as you can and give it you're all you'll make it. But if you're hearts not in it its over before it starts. 

If you work as hard as you can and give it you're all you'll make it. But if you're hearts not in it its over before it starts.

I'll remember that. But right now, I got nothing going for me. I'm gonna have to risk it.

Appreciate it, anyway.