Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst hater you've ever met

Grtxkkyz

I only encountered one hater IRL, a classmate who told me I should "burn that sweatshirt" when I was wearing my Derpy hoodie. But I have a feeling that was more playful ragging than anything else, a quick "whatever" pretty much ended it. I've also got a bevy of compliments while wearing my pony clothes.

The most haters I've encountered is on Xbox Live. Sometimes people will make comments in BO2 lobbies (after which I will promptly proceed to lay the hammer down on them in that match. A couple ended up ragequiting before the match was over, that is always a good feeling). Once while playing BF3 I got a message that only said the word "fag" (from someone on my own team!). At the same time I also once got a voice message from a guy ecstatic about my BO2 RD emblem and asking me how he could make one himself.

*shrugs shoulders*

Yin and Yang, I guess. Haters just come with the territory, and how you deal with them is what defines your character (just by how they choose to virulently hate others for being happy defines their character). So unless they are physically hurting you, be the bigger pony and just shrug them off. Take solace in the fact that you're happier and more secure than them and you both know it, and just leave the situation with your head held high.

Edited by Lightning Dust

I tend to ignore these people on the internet, feeding trolls is never a good idea.

IRL I have never met a "hater" per se, though most people don't understand why a grown ass man would watch the show (kinda understandable since 90% of the show's charm goes out the window once its dubbed).

The only people who really gave me a hard time, were a couple of guys at my local comic shop, the kind who hang out there all day, eat fast food and generally give us geeks a bad rep, and I seriously can't be arsed to care about their opinion. One of the guys later told me that he checked out the show and really liked it, but didn't want the others to know. He's 25 years old. :huh:

As a rule its probably easier to be a brony once you're out of highschool, both because you generally feel more comfortable about yourself and don't give a rat's ass about what idiots think of you anymore.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 3

I've never had anyone give me hate for being a brony, though as I've said in the past, that could partially be due to the fact that I'm female, so me liking ponies isn't as much of a shock as "you're a grown man watching a show for little girls". I have however had random people compliment my Fluttershy shirt, so that's awesome.

But I'm sure there are tons of haters out there. Someone should come up with a new Internet rule: if it exists, there is a hater of it.

• Brohoof 1

I have had my fair share of run ins with haters. Heres a brief encounter with one.

There is a Gangsta wannabe found me just out side school, with my derpy bag slung around my shoulder. Lets just say he went absolutely berserk, calling me a brony ass cunt pedophile. Ran right up to me and punched me in the gut, I punched him back in the face and then obviously it turned into a fight.

Some of his friends joined in, then my friend as well, the whole thing turned into a massive brawl. Fucking teachers were to lazy to do anything 

Christ that's... Wow. Although thinking about it I'm sure there's a fair share of people in my school who would do something similar.

One of my friends constantly claims he's going to have to kill me for being a brony but he's not serious, so it's all good. Other than that I haven't really experienced much hatred, but that's probably because I don't communicate much on the internet except with friends. Plus I don't exactly broadcast the fact outside my small circle of friends  :)

Edited by Archi

I told my friends I was a brony. I got slammed for that so bad. But, they got over it. 

I did once run into a guy on an online game called Roblox. I told him I was a brony and he flipped out. Screaming: "GEEEEEEY! You're a gey f@g, you stupid fr00b." 

Considering I'm a Grammar Nazi, this made me want to go die in a corner. 

He also got banned for a long time because this kid who was about 9 years old reported him for inappropriate language.

Sweet revenge.

• Brohoof 2

I wish there were more haters like my friend. I told him and he was like " wtf where is your manlihood?" and I said "it's all here!" After that he teased me about it every once in a while. Eventually he accepted the existence of the fandom and knew it wasn't going away. he has come to full terms with me being one and accepts it, completely hating the show, instead of me.

For me haters are kind of like watching a train wreck some of their arguments are so ridiculous you cannot help but laugh but it is also kind of sad. Most of these people have never really bothered to give the show a chance and are still hating on it because of obvious insecurities about either their sexuality, masculinity or both. I will admit that when a friend of mind told me about MLP I was a tad confused that he of all people would be into it and found it a bit strange that so many teenage and adult males would be into a show about cartoon ponies but I was still disgusted at the haters even then.

Well the only slight brony hater that I have ever experienced (met?) is my brother. He always says that I'm a _British term for cigarette_ for watching it, and any male who watches the show is gay too.

But he soon shut his mouth when I told him that some of his friends might be closet bronies. I suggested that he should say something is 20% cooler while in their presence, and if one of them laughs or says something 'odd' then he watches the show.

:) He never said anything else after that.

I told my friends I was a brony. I got slammed for that so bad. But, they got over it. 

I did once run into a guy on an online game called Roblox. I told him I was a brony and he flipped out. Screaming: "GEEEEEEY! You're a gey f@g, you stupid fr00b." 

Considering I'm a Grammar Nazi, this made me want to go die in a corner. 

He also got banned for a long time because this kid who was about 9 years old reported him for inappropriate language.

Sweet revenge.

Bwahahahaha that is awesome! Haters gonna hate, ponies gonna pwn. Just like a boss. :D And that roblox, I have played... One of my places got a ton of plays, but that's beyond the point. Sharing the Grammar Nazi thing too, definetely hate those 'UB3R H4X00R B05535!!!1!' So yeah... Hahaha

'Brony haters -_-' has been merged with 'Worst hater you've ever met'. While the titles appear different enough, both OP's discuss specific stories of haters, usually the more memorable ones.

• Brohoof 1

After reading a lot of people's posts it really sucks to be put down for liking something :(. But like the saying goes there are plenty of awful people out there who want to ruin others day. But I do know one thing, never let haters or other people get to you! You cannot please people and that is there own problem for being mean like that. 

I do not have any pony merch at the moment but I have ponfied my laptop and my ipod. I got some pretty harsh comments from my parents , not that I care, but it sill is annoying. Stuff like I am a creep and why would you even want to watch something like that... Without even letting me explain what the show was about  -_-  <_< . But when I get shirts I am going to wear them because hey I enjoy the show and like the shirts! If someone has a problem with it.... well they can get over it! 

Well, I haven't really met/directly conversed with any, save those typical "PONIES ARE FOR LITTLE GIRRRRLS YOU STUPID BABY" guys around the internet, dime a dozen.

Although, around the time the show first came out, one of my friends' brothers got into it, and so did she. At that time, I was vehemently uninterested in the show, and could be labelled as a hater myself.

After a while, though, she grew out of it, so to speak, and developed an impassioned hatred for anyone and anything to do with ponies. Eventually, I started to come around, but was kept back by her, so. :/

I don't know why I didn't just become a closet brony. It would've been funner.  :P

I usually just see the nooby regular hater that uses traditional, uncreative, overused, and unoriginal "trolling" tactics...

When people grief my house on MineCraft or burn it down because I'm a brony I usually just leave the server, so I guess those are the worst kind I've met because those actually have a slight effect on me.

worst hater i have met is in irl at college, pretty much everyone i know knows im a brony unfortunately none of them are themselves but this hater is a dick in general so he shouts at me pony fucker and the usual stuff that anti-bronies say, usually i would let it go over my head and not take note of it, but this time i stood up for myself and got in his face about it and he backed down pretty quickly after i challenged him, a dick and spineless, that's haters for you.

so that's my little story about haters, they are idiots.

To be honest, I think anti-bronies and other haters are just other guys who like shows or other stuff that are kind of girly or MLP itself and they don't want to admit it. So, as a result, they pick on someone else to make themselves feel manly and have other people think their manly as well, but that just makes them look immature. I know this because my brother plays with Barbie (he still won't freaking admit it) and some of my friends say they hate MLP but I've seen them watch it a lot (again, they won't admit it.) This is my opinion on haters. I don't if it's true or not, but it could be!

Edited by EpicMuffinTime

The worst hater I've ever met would have to be... myself before I became a brony. But I haven't met any real haters other than myself. My friend Travis may count, but I think he was acting like he hated MLP because Jordan(another friend of mine) was there when I told him I watched MLP so I just covered myself by saying "I said I watched it; I didn't say I liked it" to preserve my reputation. A few days later Jordan wasn't there and Travis was acting a lot more open-minded about it but I never actually told him about me being a brony.

Another time I was talking to my friend and he kept pestering me about my secret so I told him. The really cool part is what happened next. I told him, he told two other people, they told two other people, and this all happened in ten seconds flat while I was sitting at the table :) most embarrassing moment in my life.

Suffice to say I suck at keeping secrets from my friends :P

I'm going to have to say one of the worst and most annoying haters has to be Rick Satan and doritosareepic. All they do is  piss people off by going on featured videos on Equestria daily and post rude comments about bronies.

This is both (of many) of their channels if you don't know what I'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/user/ricksatan972

https://www.youtube.com/user/DoritosAreEpicAlt679

Gilgar13 is a very annoying hater. He makes hate videos on bronies. He also makes awful and bias reviews on video games like calling Ocarina of time a button masher or saying you die too easily in Sonic generations. His reviews make X-play look like gold.

Edited by Hakureimiko

The worst hater -I've- ever met? ... to be honest, I've never actually encountered a hater yet, luckily! All of my friends are into the show or in the very least, exceedingly open-minded about everything.  If anything, if I needed to answer I'd have to share an answer with LoKé kRude in that I was probably the closest to being the proper response here.  I wasn't necessarily a "hater" but I wasn't exactly fond of it and constantly questioned, perhaps a tad even annoyed as to why my friends liked it.  Of course, this was way before I was put up to watch it and loved it myself.  Oh, the irony. xD

I regret nothing, though! <3

same youtube comment say that :

broneys hate care bears and troll any care bear things

is these real i love care bears ???

---

and anther one say :

broneys just go on youtube and post hate massg against any thing not MLP thing

i don't think so man we love all kind of things

The worst hater I've ever met would be myself. I remember when I used to go on this forum with a friend irl who eventually left. A couple of months later he asked how he how they were doing, and I told them that they became MLP fans, and then we started laughing and then....yeeeeaaaahh, I think you can figure out the rest......

......Then I eventually caved :P

Edited by Megas75

• 4 months later...

Some YouTuber named Onsube.

I made an extremely stupid comment about how Pony Thread Simulator stereotypes bronies, and he decided to say the stereotypes (That all bronies clop) are true, even if I wasn't one. I tried to say that he was getting misinformation, and he decided to say I am part of the stereotype. I then decided to reveal that I was asexual. He then said I was an idiot hipster who pretends to be asexual. (I am a hipster, so i'm not offended by the hipster part.) He says "Asexuality is impossible because humans exist to reproduce." I don't remember my responses after that, and I do remember hating myself for responding after that. I should have just left. 

Pretty much. I live down in the south where men are prided on being "manly and tough" so to speak. So I'm afraid to let just anybody know I watch this show or they might call me a bunch of names and make fun of me. Back when I was younger boys would get made fun of like you wouldn't believe for liking a show like this. The Powerpuff Girls are one example.