Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

humor Come play my Pony Mad Libs Adventure!

weesh

(edited)

Mad Libs: a game in which the audience picks the important words of a story before they know what the story is about.

This is the story I wrote for an IRL pony meeting activity, I've play tested it, and I'm ready to share it with you.

Just do these three easy steps:
1) Select a word for each of the 11 selections (reviewing parts of speech if necessary)

2) open the spoiler tag and insert your word inside the parenthesis for each coded number (leave the parenthesis in place)

3) post your words and stories for all to see

PARTS OF SPEECH REFRESHER

Noun (animal/thing/idea): the PONY sang a SONG about a MOOSE

Noun, plural (animals/things/ideas): the PONIES sang SONGS about MOOSE

Noun, Abstract (ideas): we desire JUSTICE, COMPASSION and DESPAIR.

Verb, past tense (action): Yesterday, you JUMPED

Verb, present tense (action): You are JUMPING

Verb, future tense (action): You will JUMP tomorrow

Adjective (describes a noun): the BEAUTIFUL, YELLOW dog was EAGER to lick the FLAT lollipop.  

WORDS, WORDS, WORDS

1) Job Title, plural
2) Verb, action ending in 'ed'
3) Adjective
4) Location
5) Noun, thing
6) Adj, describing appearance
7) Noun, abstract
8) Plural Noun, animals, things or ideas
9) Adjective
10) Plural Noun, things
11) Verb, ending in 'ing'

OPEN AFTER YOU SELECT YOUR WORDS

additional instructions:

1) you may keep or remove the string '(the)' to best suit the location

2) if a word doesn't quite work, because it needs a different suffix or something, you may change the suffix, but PLEASE tell me you did, because you are helping me playtest this for my group

When twilight took starlight to (the)(4), starlight had to face the (8) in her past. Unbeknownst to her, Sunburst was (11) his own (8). He was obsessed with his (10), but had never accomplished anything with them. It wasn't until starlight had a (9) mental breakdown that they were honest about their (8). The answer to their broken relationship was (7). But by that time, a crisis had erupted and the (6) (5) had been destroyed. This made the ponies (3). Fortunately, sunburst knew the answer from his (10) and the other ponies (2) around him. With the help of the (1) they fixed the (6) (5) and saved (the)(4).

My playtest results (open after you are finished)

1) Job Title, plural PLUMBERS
2) Verb, action ending in 'ed' WAFFLED
3) Adjective OBNOXIOUS
4) Location HOBBY LOBBY
5) Noun, thing TOILET PAPER
6) Adj, describing appearance RIGID
7) Noun, abstract HATRED
8) Plural Noun, animals, things or ideas EMUS
9) Adjective IRRIDESCENT
10) Plural Noun, things MICE
11) Verb, ending in 'ing' SMACKING

When twilight took starlight to (hobby lobby), starlight had to face the (emus) in her past. Unbeknownst to her, Sunburst was (smacking) his own (emus). He was obsessed with his (mice), but had never accomplished anything with them. It wasn't until starlight had a (irridescent) mental breakdown that they were honest about their (emus). The answer to their broken relationship was (hatred). But by that time, a crisis had erupted and the (rigid) (toilet paper) had been destroyed. This made the ponies (obnoxious). Fortunately, sunburst knew the answer from his (mice) and the other ponies (waffled) around him. With the help of the (plumbers) they fixed the (rigid) (toilet paper) and saved (hobby lobby).

Edited by weesh

Here goes my story:

"When twilight took starlight to the Neverland, starlight had to face the platypuses in her past. Unbeknownst to her, Sunburst was pondering his own platypuses. He was obsessed with his treadmills, but had never accomplished anything with them. It wasn't until starlight had a funny mental breakdown that they were honest about their platypuses. The answer to their broken relationship was tastiness. But by that time, a crisis had erupted and the ugly gizmo had been destroyed. This made the ponies annoying. Fortunately, sunburst knew the answer from his treadmills and the other ponies stoned around him. With the help of the electrician they fixed the ugly gizmo and saved the Neverland."

Those are the words I chose:

• Eletrician
  • Stoned
  • Annoying
  • Neverland
  • Gizmo
  • Ugly
  • Tastiness
  • Platypuses
  • Funny
  • Treadmills
  • Pondering

I think it turned out pretty amusing :P

• Brohoof 1

Here's mine:

1. janitors
2. ate
3. thick
4. Las Pegasus
5. coin
6. tall
7. freedom
8. boxes
9. large
10. wagons
11. trading

When Twilight took Starlight to Las Pegasus, starlight had to face the boxes in her past. Unbeknownst to her, Sunburst was trading his own boxes. He was obsessed with his wagons, but had never accomplished anything with them. It wasn't until starlight had a large mental breakdown that they were honest about their boxes. The answer to their broken relationship was freedom. But by that time, a crisis had erupted and the tall coin had been destroyed. This made the ponies thick. Fortunately, sunburst knew the answer from his wagons and the other ponies ate around him. With the help of the janitors they fixed the tall coin and saved Las Pegasus.

• Brohoof 1

When twilight took starlight to (Walla, Walla, Washington), starlight had to face the (Luchadors) in her past. Unbeknownst to her, Sunburst was (Spanking) his own (Luchadors). He was obsessed with his (Togas), but had never accomplished anything with them. It wasn't until starlight had a (Tarnished) mental breakdown that they were honest about their (Luchadors). The answer to their broken relationship was (Infatuation). But by that time, a crisis had erupted and the (Foxy) (Taco) had been destroyed. This made the ponies (Chunky). Fortunately, sunburst knew the answer from his (Togas) and the other ponies (sucked) around him. With the help of the (Mercenaries) they fixed the (Foxy) (Taco) and saved (Walla,Walla Washington).

• Brohoof 1