Do you miss unicorn Twilight Sparkle?

Limeblossom

110 users have voted

1. 1. DO you miss her unicorn form?

• Absolutely! I want her back!
    • Yes, but she's also a good alicorn
    • Maybe
    • Nope, I like the alicorn just a bit more than the unicorn
    • *BLAM* HERESY!! Alicorn Twilight is holy!
    • Can I call the OP a coltcuddler?

I've never had any problem with Twili becoming a alicorn. I even expected it to happen to be honest and I still think it's quite obvious from s1e1, but I must admit I was surprised that it happened so early at the end of seasons three xD Twili is great and adorable as a unicorn or an alicorn, so it doesn't make any difference to me. But the first three seasons where she grows into this place are feeling very special and I really miss the Golden Oak Library. So .. No I don't miss Unicorn Twilight but I love to see her way as a Unicorn to her ascension. 

• Brohoof 4

absolutely. In my opinion, the show started going downhill ever since Twilight became an alicorn. Don't get me wrong, I still liked the show but it just...wasn't the same hehe :mlp_rarity:

8 hours ago, horses are weird said:

Honestly, yeah a bit. Since Unicorn Twilight is from Season 1 - 2 and that's my favorite era of FiM. Not that the later seasons are bad, I've always just liked the first two the most.

Yeah, same here.

6 hours ago, yungsparkle7 said:

absolutely. In my opinion, the show started going downhill ever since Twilight became an alicorn. Don't get me wrong, I still liked the show but it just...wasn't the same hehe :mlp_rarity:

I feel ya.

• Brohoof 2

Yes.  It may have been touched on earlier in this thread, but one of the things I liked about Twilight as a unicorn is the perfect symmetry it brought to the Mane 6.  There were two earth ponies, two pegasi, and two unicorns.  Changing Twi to an alicorn altered that.  

• Brohoof 3

On 2020-09-02 at 2:51 AM, Stardust said:

Yeah she did lose personality for sure

Design wise I liked the wings and even some of the princess elements. But the personality, setting and all felt forced for sure. It almost felt like the real twilight was gone or something

Or she grew and developed as a character. That would explain why there was such a drastic change in her personality. 

On 2020-09-03 at 5:34 PM, Splashee said:

Adding wings to Twilight was the worst that could happen to the show! spla_twilfly.gif

Found the Lauren Faust fanboy. 

On 2020-09-02 at 8:42 PM, Splashee said:

I thought I connected more with Alicorn Twilight in Forgotten Friendship, since she really felt like a character in that one, like she used in her good old days (season 1). She was also extremely tall for some odd reason :confused:

But season 1 sucked. 

On 2020-09-05 at 6:14 PM, Splashee said:

Imagine going from being unicorn to becoming alicorn, to then become a principle for a school. I know the school of friendship was a bad thing for the show, but the pillars were bad, and the student six were bad. Too much bad makes good! spla_twilfly.gif

Yeah, imagine growing and developing as a character. How awful! Characters shouldn't grow or develop over time; they should stay the same throughout the entire series. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Kind of but I think that's mostly due to nostalgia at this point. It makes sense that she would become an alicorn as she continued her study of friendship and magic. She has a wonderful arc