Do you miss unicorn Twilight Sparkle?

Limeblossom

110 users have voted

1. 1. DO you miss her unicorn form?

• Absolutely! I want her back!
    • Yes, but she's also a good alicorn
    • Maybe
    • Nope, I like the alicorn just a bit more than the unicorn
    • *BLAM* HERESY!! Alicorn Twilight is holy!
    • Can I call the OP a coltcuddler?

I don't really notice her wings unless she is flying... obviously. But to me she still is just the silly little book worm unicorn, Twilight Sparkle that freaks out over the small stuff a bit too much sometimes. 

I agree with , she really is the same pony, just when she has to be more princess and proper like she is slightly different, but she is holding a different title these days. She needs to be an example to the other ponies. Which, what I kind of like before she became a princess is that she didn't really have to worry about that type of thing. 

• Brohoof 2

Unicorn Twilight vs. Alicorn Twilight. I remember when this was all the rage back in 2013 after the season 3 finale. I honestly think that there is nothing to miss. Our favorite adorkable Egghead is still the same pony that we've grown to love over the years. With or without wings, Twilight is still Twilight  :P

Maybe a bit. I think she lost a bit of that naivete and snarkiness when she became an alicorn, but I still do, and always have liked her as she is now.

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot, but I do feel like she was used better when she didn't have the title and responsibilities of a princess. I've found her most interesting lately when she's somehow uncomfortable with or stressed out by her new responsibilities, but I don't think the show is doing enough with that. I don't have a problem with her being an Alicorn princess, but I've not really been enjoying how she's been written lately.

• Brohoof 1

Not really, but having her as a unicorn helps people distiguish when it happened, when she's a unicorn, I can immediately tell that this happened before 2013 even before FiM happened and when she's an alicorn I can tell that this happened recently.

Also, there are some things that the show needed to develop, you don't want the show to be the exact same thing from the first season.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I don't mind whether she's a unicorn or alicorn, she's still the adorkable bookwarm we all know and love~

Though, I am more used to her having wings now, rather than not having them. Probably because I started watching halfway through Season 3, so it was more of an "oh, she's an alicorn now" for me at the time. :please:

• Brohoof 4

No, but she does seem more dumb ever since she gained wings. There shouldn't be a difference, but her character is getting really out of hand with the "oops I messed up real bad" personality.

• Brohoof 1

No, I don't. She's still the same adorable Twily I know and love, wings or no. As far as I'm concerned, very little has changed. Also, without her alicornism, we probably wouldn't have her fight with Tirek play out the same way. And that was the best fight scene in a kids show... ever.

I like both forms she has taken.

The one thing I do miss is her super nerdy side. I wished they had kept that in, but as soon as Faust left, it seems they felt the need to strip her out of the character.

(edited)

I like both forms she has taken.

The one thing I do miss is her super nerdy side. I wished they had kept that in, but as soon as Faust left, it seems they felt the need to strip her out of the character.

Its hard to do multiple archetypes in a single character well. They wanted to change her to be a princess archetype as her primary function after faust left, and so that's what they did, and heavily dialed back her other archetype in the process (one reason I like Saddle and row for example is that twilight goes back to her original archetype and is REALLY enjoyable in it. Sweep sweep sweep)

ironically, they look to be trying to restore that in the EQG universe since Sunset can take on her Current Archetype and they can go full nerd archetype for human twilight.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Yep because she hasn't done much with her new position, which makes her transformation pointless. Too bad the show hasn't done much with the other alicorns because Twilight's new role actually opened that door. At least Twilight is Twilight.

To be Honest, I never really gave it a thought before. I'm just a very progressive person I guess, I never thought about how much I liked the unicorn vs the alicorn but rather, what Twilicorn could bring to the table.

So the answer, "Maybe", is probably the best for me.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight is still thecsame pony she was before she ascended to alicornhood. She just happens to have wings and more responsibility now.

I don't see any sense in making a big deal about it.

Regardless of how old school I am (Judging from my theme on these forums) I do not miss unicorn Twi. It's because I like the additional flying. I LOVED her alicorn transformation, it's one of my favorite scenes in the show.