Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Anthro Slice of Life Redux

Denim&Venöm

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Again, it's been a while since we've seen it. We covered it up w/ posters the first day. After that we just found our way back by scent."

"Like you managed to remember things like your phone number and address on the first or second try." 

@,

"I like snuggles." 

"She does like snuggles." 

@@Denim&Venom,

Midnight nods "Wonderful, you'd definitely love them then" she says and checks her phone "two weeks can't come soon enough though" she says with a sigh before looking at her map once more "Oh, I think my room is just over there" she points in the direction, which seemed it was close to a room that had a door covered n posters. "oh"

@Denim&Venom

"Well why can you smell it now then?" Trying to back peddle a little not to cause much offence if she could help it. Though she was unsure if she had dun goofed on her pervious comments. "Sorry just seems a little silly to me but then I do not posses strong sense of smell so um anyway..."

@,@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Mindie sniffed the air. "I smell cleaning product. Probably explains why we got lost."

"No kidding. How much pine sol does one hallway need?" They noticed their room coming up and approached. "Oh there's the room, if the Symphony X, Testament and Dragonforce posters weren't a dead giveaway. Oh hey whaddya know? Your room is close to ours.  Tough break though. You're sandwiched between our band mates."  

On Middy's left was a room w/ contrasting band posters. Riff heavy, hard rock bands like Clutch & Scorpion Child on one side, hardcore acts like Sick Of it All & Minor Threat on the bottom, alongside death metal bands Obituary & Bloodbath. 

In complete contrast to that door, posters on the one to the right were uniform. Gothic acts running the gambit from Lame Immortal to Type O Negative.  

"Good luck sleeping between the sad opera and the stoner rock."

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

Midnight giggles "Oh, I'm used to it, I used to share a room with colt who would practice his guitar at all hours of the night.." she says then stops,as her ears droop "s-sorry I mean mare, she was transgender" she says and her ears tear up a little "sh-she was the reason why I had to transfer, you see I.." she sighs "she killed herself and she was one of my closest friends" 

@@Denim&Venom,

"You guys really, really like your posters... I don't think I can actually see any part of the walls behind all your posters and artworks..." Walking in studying the room actually looking for what colours the walls were actually supposed to be, she couldn't. "So where are these amazing drinks you were talking about Miko?"   

@

Zeke had stayed silent up until then, but this hit him hard.

"Oh my Glob, that's horrible."

His mind flashed back to his father, the day he had attempted and failed suicide. And it scared him.

He leaned down to speak with the mare.

"If you need any help, I'm right here. I am studying Psychology, maybe I could put my knowledge to use." 

@@Kankuro,

Midnight sniffles and looks up at  the wolf "T-thank you Zeke, knowing that there are people here who are willing to help me, it helps to levitate some of the pain" she says as she gently hugs him, and before she knew it, she was nuzzling into his soft fur, but then pulls back, blushing "I-I'm s-so sorry" she says, blushing rather deeply at her mistake.

@

Zeke smiled as he stood up.

"No problem."

He had thoroughly enjoyed what had just happened, but he wasn't going to show it.

"So I'm guessing you're sharing a room with them?"

He had completely zoned out until he had heard Midnight's sad story, and he tried not to show that he was guessing.

@@Kankuro

"with Mindy and all them?" she asks and shakes her head "No, but I'm close by, the only room among all the others that doesn't have posters plastered all over the doors" she giggles and flicks her ears, pointing to it, she then thinks of something, "I-if you're not doing anything, m-maybe we could h-hang out?" she asks softly

@

"Huh. That's my room.."

He smiled. "Yeah sure. What exactly do you like to do in your spare time?"

Zeke had taken noticed to her ear flick, which he found absolutely adorable, as well as her giggle.

He pushed open the door to their dorm, his side was covered in mess already, different trucks and wheels for skateboards everywhere, motorbike posters. His custom helmet propped on his bedside table as well as his bike's keys. His stereo sat there as well, connected to his phone, and his prize coffee. The other side had barely changed.

"You should spice up your side, make it yours." He grinned.

(OOC: Sorry if there was already stuff around your side of the room, couldn't find your first post.)

@@Kankuro,

(OOC: It's okay, she had just transfered so she hadn't had a chance to get to her room until then)

"Oh, that's pretty awesome, means it makes it easier for us to hang and stuff" she says and giggles "Cindy and Nadia are going to be so jealous of me" she giggles once more and nods to what he says "It'll be a total contrast though, all girly and pink" she giggles then pokes her tongue out "Nah, mostly metal, rock and gothic posters, maybe some pop stuff but not a whole lot" she says, finding her bed and sitting down, sighing in relaxation.

@

"Did you say metal?"

Zeke's ears perked up at the sound of it. 

"I listen to a lot of metalcore, so I guess that's another thing we've got in common. But I don't strictly stay with it, I listen to a bit of everything. Whatever suits what I want to hear at the time will suffice." He smiled.

@@Kankuro,

She smiles "Pretty much the same here, though I do tend to listen to bands like Gunfire 76, Wednesday 13, Mruderdolls, Marilyn Manson for the most part with some punk like Misfits, Sex Pistols, Clash and uhm Synth industrial like Cruxshadows and Third Realm. Depends on my mood" she says and lays down on her bed, hands behind her head,  

"I hope you don't mind me saying this, but your fur is like really soft" she giggles softly once more before slowly closing her eyes.

((OOC: potential roomie romance in the future :P))

@,

"I  haven't really heard of them, other than the names a couple of times. I generally like a load of stuff, but my favourites would have to be The Amity Affliction, Twenty One Pilots, Of Mice and Men and Tyler the Creator. So a whole bunch of stuff, and I'm always finding new stuff."

Zeke's fur covered the blush that spread around his face at the compliment. "Thanks, feel free to pet anytime. Wolves love that." He chuckled.

(OOC: Possibly! Wolf x Mare would be definitely a weird thing to see, but cool nonetheless, I'm down to try anything.

@@Kankuro,

Midnight smiles and nods "that's cool, i always think it is best to keep an open mind. Don't disregard one genre just because of a majority of the musicians in it are idiots, sometimes you've got to sift through the garbage to find the diamond in the rough" she says and smiles with a giggle "bad mistake darling, you'd find me petting you quite a lot" she chuckles and fully closes her eyes. "and brushing your tail and fur" she says before slowly drifting off to sleep. 

@

"Very correct, you just have to give everything a shot."

He looked over as the mare closed her eyes and her breathing softened.

"Huh, you must have had a long day being so excited for everything." He chuckled.

He turned towards the group and stepped further into the room.

"I'll look after her until she wakes up, you guys have a nice rest of your day." He said as he shut the door.

He stuck some of his leftover indian food in the microwave, butter chicken, naan bread, rice, and some other curries he had forgotten. He let it go for a few minutes, before turning off the microwave at the last second, so he didn't wake his sleeping room mate.

He pulled it out and got some cutlery, and sat down at the desk. He pulled open his laptop and stuck in his head phones.

He opened youtube, and clicked on a random video.

"Guide to dating ponies as a seperate species", but that's not what the narrator said into his headphones, yet through his speakers because he didn't fully plug them in.

Zeke freaked out and started clicking on random videos, his head under his fur cherry red, and he shoved his headphones into the jack, making sure they were secure before he calmed down and started watching a meme compilation.

He could do nothing but pray that his room mate hadn't heard that.

@@Kankuro,

Although she hadn't heard any of it, a small smile crept across her cute muzzle as she thought about how her friends would always tease her, saying she'd always end up with a boy who was fluffy and cuddly. She sighs softly in her sleep and dreamed of what the future could be like.

How-ever, her nice little dream about her and Zeke turned into a nightmare, when memories of her old friend came into it, things darkened and she relived the fateful day that she had returned to their dorm room to find her friend hanging by a noose. She wakes with a start and starts sobbing and shaking uncontrollably. 

@

Zeke's ears picked up on another frequency to the headphones, and he immediately paused the video and took them out.

As soon as he recognised the crying of a pony he rushed out of his chair and was crouched next to Midnight.

"He lay his paw on her shoulder and looked deep into her eyes."

"What's wrong?? Are you okay?"

He stood up and sat next to her, pulling her into his side to stop her shaking, but her sobs racked her and his body.

@@Kankuro,

She snuggles into him and sobs "S-Sylvia, s-she was such a lovely, lively wolf, s-she didn't deserve the hate she was getting, s-she didn't deserve to die! I w-was too late!" she sobs into his fur, curling up into his embrace. "I f-failed her, I p-promised her I would a-always be there for her a-and I f-failed her" 

Edited by Roxy Sparx

@

Zeke sighed a deep sigh.

"What you are experiencing right now is what's known as Survivor's Guilt. Not that you two were in an accident, but said emotion can be triggered by any form of death. What you must realise, is that you could do nothing more. Sylvia's death was not your fault. There was no way to prevent it, it was her choice."

He stood up and fetched warm milk using the microwave and handed it to her. 

"Drink this, it'll make you feel better." He helped her raise the glass to her shivering lips, as her hooves(hands??) trembled.

@@Kankuro,

She takes it and sips it, the warmth of it soothing her and her shaking stops being so forceful. "T-thank you, I know, I just can't stop thinking that if I hadn't gone to the concert, I would have been there to stop her ending her life" she says as she continues to sip on the warm milk "And my dream started off so nice too" she says with a soft blush.

@,

"Sadly, those who truly plan to end their own lives will stop at nothing. Even if you were home that night, she would've found another way."

"What exactly did you dream about that was so nice?" He said smiling, hoping to take her mind off of what had just happened.

@@Kankuro,

Midnight blushes and tries to hide behind her mane "Well I.." she says "I was dreaming of..well I.." she blushes deeply "Well Cindy and Nadia always said I would end up with someone who was very soft and fluffy, and well you..you certainly soft and fluffy" she says blushing "I was dreaming about a.." she looks to him, her blush deepening even more "a date with you" 

@

"Huh?" Zeke said, slightly confused..

"HUH?" He said as he took it in.

Zeke stood up rapidly, his face red as a tomato, that would be if he didn't have fur.

"Look, I'm ecstatic if you want to go on a date with me, that is if you have a car or you're okay with riding on the back of a motorcycle, but are you sure? I mean, I'm predator, you're prey. Are you okay with dating someone that would make heads turn?