Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Anthro Slice of Life Redux

Denim&Venöm

@,@@Kankuro, @@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Tachibana Miko. But please, call me Miko-sama. Majoring in music business & technology w/ a minor in stage management. Studying for my associates in Heavy Metal!" she flashes the horns. "Yes, that is a legit course. Look it up." 

"Um, Mindie. Mindie Fenris. Majoring in music composition and theory w/ a minor in acoustics and electronics. Although I'm actually here on a varsity athletics scholarship funnily enough." 

@@Kankuro,@, @@Denim&Venom,

"Why does everyone have two names around here? I'm Quill, second year I'm majoring in historical texts with a minor in political science and I'm here because I decided to talk to this wolf here." Giving a gesture to Mindie. "Otherwise I'm not on campus unless I have class usually."

@@Denim&Venom,

Midnight looks to Miko "Oh cool, maybe we will share some lectures together" she giggles "and though i am majoring in popular music, I love metal and punk too, some of my favorite groups are metal, like Sabaton and Van Canto" she says "Oh and Delain" she giggles.

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

She then looks to Quill "That's cool, I have to live here, well until I can save enough to find my own place" she says shyly, then quietly thinking to herself "I wonder if I'll have a rommmate again"

• Brohoof 2

Tyra took an empty seat and proceeded to listen to Kerrigan's introduction. Though, it didn't take long for her to get lost.

Portals? Midget troublesome behaviours? What in the name of Sleipnir have I walked into?!

Even the mention of math made her bit her lip. She did get an education back home, of course, but math was one subject in particular she could never wrap her head around.

Though, she did understand a few things once Kerrigan had explained. She was thankful that she had no discriminating thoughts toward other species, and the mention of dog training reminded her of her pet ice wolf back home.

Though, having absolutely no clue about 'opera conditions', as she thought she meant, she kept uncharacteristically quiet for the moment

Like her earlier class session, Kerrigan ended this session a bit early- she had covered the material intended for today, so there was no real need to keep them. After a brief review over how to access readings and a discussion of her office hours, Kerrigan dismissed them- all except one, that is. "Tyra, would you mind staying a moment?" Kerrigan said. "I cannot help but notice that you seem a bit perplexed. I imagine there's been a bit of a culture shock on top of your course load. As someone of the more predatory races who has lived among these equines for quite some time, I know how... odd they can seem. If you ever feel overwhelmed, or need assistance in this or any other course, let me know. There are a great deal of resources at this institution that can provide assistance, and I have quite a bit of insight myself."

Like her earlier class session, Kerrigan ended this session a bit early- she had covered the material intended for today, so there was no real need to keep them. After a brief review over how to access readings and a discussion of her office hours, Kerrigan dismissed them- all except one, that is. "Tyra, would you mind staying a moment?" Kerrigan said. "I cannot help but notice that you seem a bit perplexed. I imagine there's been a bit of a culture shock on top of your course load. As someone of the more predatory races who has lived among these equines for quite some time, I know how... odd they can seem. If you ever feel overwhelmed, or need assistance in this or any other course, let me know. There are a great deal of resources at this institution that can provide assistance, and I have quite a bit of insight myself."

Tyra was more than a little relieved that the class had ended early, though her ears pricked up in curiosity at Kerrigan calling her name. She approached the teacher and listened to what she had to say.

From what she could make out among the longer words, she was saying she understood if she was confused she could happily come to her for help. The offer was happily welcomed.

"My thanks, Miss Kerrigan," she sighed with relief, "I fear that this class will give me much challenge, yes?"

Tyra was more than a little relieved that the class had ended early, though her ears pricked up in curiosity at Kerrigan calling her name. She approached the teacher and listened to what she had to say.

From what she could make out among the longer words, she was saying she understood if she was confused she could happily come to her for help. The offer was happily welcomed.

"My thanks, Miss Kerrigan," she sighed with relief, "I fear that this class will give me much challenge, yes?"

"I should hope so. One cannot learn and grow if they are never challenged- though I certainly hope you are not afraid of it. Or me. And it's Miss Hannibal, actually, though I prefer Doctor Hannibal," Kerrigan said. "You know... your upbringing gives you a wealth of experience vastly different from most of the students here. There is an opportunity there to both teach, and learn, from the other students. I host the Historical Society club every tuesday in the lounge by my office. You are welcome to come by. Tea will be provided. It has no bearing on this course, but I find a good tea is quite helpful from time to time."

• Brohoof 1

"I should hope so. One cannot learn and grow if they are never challenged- though I certainly hope you are not afraid of it. Or me. And it's Miss Hannibal, actually, though I prefer Doctor Hannibal," Kerrigan said. "You know... your upbringing gives you a wealth of experience vastly different from most of the students here. There is an opportunity there to both teach, and learn, from the other students. I host the Historical Society club every tuesday in the lounge by my office. You are welcome to come by. Tea will be provided. It has no bearing on this course, but I find a good tea is quite helpful from time to time."

"I apologise, Doctor Hannibal," Tyra dipped her head humbly, but kept her ears pricked up as she listened.

She raised her head at the mention of a 'Historic Society club', and tilted her head.

"A club about history?" She asked, blinking slowly, then her eyes lit up. "Oh, will we be sharing tales of legend from our homelands?!" She squeaked, grinning again.

@@Mentis Soliloquy, @@Kankuro,  

"Because things get confusing when multiple people have the same first name? I dunno. How do ponies deal with others having the same names? "

@

"Oh? You like Sabaton?" Mindie perked up at Middy's mentions of her favorite bands. 

"Uh oh. Looks like you've got her interested now." 

@@Denim&Venom,

Midnight smiles and nods "Y-yeah, two friends of mine from my old university who are nurses and went to the last war, told me about them" she giggles as she responds and looks around a little, "you'd probably love them if they come down here to visit" she says, her tail swaying a little.

@,

"Oh I've definitely seen them. A few times even." 

"Only a few times..." Miko said.

Mindie pulled out her phone and started sliding thorough the features. "I even have proof." She flipped the screen over to Middy. "This was during their last tour here, when they opened for Amon Amarth."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqLwrVIZrGc

(fun fact. I'm somewhere in that.)

@@Denim&Venom,

"ooh, you're so lucky, I'd love to go to a concert, but you know..funds" she says with a giggle as she watches the video, it was one of her favorite songs, she sways her hips a little, "I love that song, but I also really like Wolfpack and Price of a Mile" she says,

The elevator soon arrives and she sighs. "after you" she says,still somewhat shy

"I apologise, Doctor Hannibal," Tyra dipped her head humbly, but kept her ears pricked up as she listened.

She raised her head at the mention of a 'Historic Society club', and tilted her head.

"A club about history?" She asked, blinking slowly, then her eyes lit up. "Oh, will we be sharing tales of legend from our homelands?!" She squeaked, grinning again.

"Ideally, yes. The purpose is to foster a neutral environment whereby members can learn about other cultures from a direct source, to foster a sense of understanding and curiosity, without the risk of engendering harmful stereotypes. There is also discussion of historical events, cultural fashions, cuisines, and so on. A colleague in the botany department provides the teas, though anyone wishing to bring cuisine from their homeland to share is more than welcome. I occasionally bring in baked goods as well, but for the most part it is tea and conversation."

@@Denim&Venom,

"We don't have the same names, I mean there are loads of ponies with one name but loads with two or three even. But I've not heard of many ponies that actually share identical names, if they did, well I know plenty of other creatures share the same names at times." 

@,

"Pretty much the whole Carolus Rex album is my favorite. Tales of my ancestors back when they were a world power.  Outside of that, I enjoy Talvisota and White Death. Though I'm a bit biased, cause those are about my homeland too."

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"I guess it's cause you don't follow the typical surname tradition that prevails outside Equestria & The Griffon Kingdom. Then again, it seems like familial identification isn't really a social institution in Equestria." Miko commented as she got off. 

• Brohoof 1

@All

Zeus stood quietly as the chatter around him smoothed out as people became more acquainted. Zeke heard a ding as the elevator came to a stop in front of the whole group he stepped in, allowing space for everyone else.

"So where are we all off to?"

(OOC: I'd be happy for Zeke to have a roommate if anyone wants to try that. Just let me know.)

@@Denim&Venom,

She nods and smiles "yeah, I got to see Megadeth live once, it was pretty awesome, it was actually how I...discovered my love for music" she says with a smile and looks around with a smile, the elevator was somewhat cramped but she didn't mind. She smiles at everyone as her ears flicker "So what are you all up today?"

@@Denim&Venom,

"Not really no, names are names and we don't have to worry about it." She followed Miko, it seemed she was following the fox around over the wolf, well at least for now. She liked Mindie too though both of them seemed like quite nice people and she would like to know them both better. Not to mention the other pony she ment Tyra? She belived she recalled that name but she liked her aswell. 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"In a way, it is easier, as first names tend to be repeated, to the point where there's at least a dozen other people in the world w/ the same first and last name as you."

@,

Miko's ears flicked at the mention of Megadeth. "Oh? You got to see Mustang and the boys? How long ago was that?" 

"If Sabaton is my interest, than Megadeth is hers." 

@@Kankuro

"Our room apparently. I'm hungry. I need my sugar & caffeine fix. I need a nap before I work tonight. "

• Brohoof 1

"Ideally, yes. The purpose is to foster a neutral environment whereby members can learn about other cultures from a direct source, to foster a sense of understanding and curiosity, without the risk of engendering harmful stereotypes. There is also discussion of historical events, cultural fashions, cuisines, and so on. A colleague in the botany department provides the teas, though anyone wishing to bring cuisine from their homeland to share is more than welcome. I occasionally bring in baked goods as well, but for the most part it is tea and conversation."

"I would love to share some of my homeland with the people here!" Tyra beamed, hopping in place with excitement. "There is lots of food and music and clothes from my home!"

She grinned ear to ear. "When does this meeting begin? Will it be soon? It will be much fun!"

@@Denim&Venom,

"Oh, my friends took me to see them when about ten years ago when I turned 18, I was lucky too as Five Finger Death Punch and Judas Priest were also performing there as well" she says and smiles, the mention of her friends sort of made her sad but then her ears flicker somewhat "You'd love them" 

@@Denim&Venom

"Well that sounds nice at least the food and stuff, you've got tea right? I'm not a fan of coffee." As they walked. "I do know about four others with Quill but none of them just Quill, they mix the name or have a second name or Quill is their second name so doesn't seem to be a major issue for me at least."

@@captainborgue

Azeal slowly opens his eyes as he hears what sounds like his heartbeat thundering in his ears, moments later he hears nothing but a loud ringing coming from within his head, and he instantly sat up, his fur damp with sweat, he looks around a moment, his long striped tail slowly flicking. After a few minutes of him sitting with his head in his hands, he stands up and looks at the nearest alarm clock, once he figured out what time it was he looked at the date. He sighed heavily with relief as he figured out he had not fallen asleep for days, but just a few hours. Though he did miss a few of his classes, he'd surely make some excuse good enough to pass by the Headmaster, and more importantly, pass by Doctor Hannibal.  She scared him, there was no doubt about that, but he respected her more than any other student or teacher here. He'd only been here for a year, though. After he won a scholarship in advanced martial arts, he was moved here last year. He decided to take up another class, which was more of his second passion of his, though he still felt like just one major would be a little too boring and not enough of a challenge. He slips on his black shirt and he puts on his fitted blacked out shades, soon after, he takes a few gulps out of his water bottle and chews a few pieces of gum. He then put on his watch and headed for the door. He then made his way through the halls, waiting till a person of authority found him.

• Brohoof 1

@

"According to my parents, I was born in the middle of a Priest show. Painkiller tour. Great album. The band paused their rendition of 'Devils Child' so that  the metal god himself could help my mom deliver birth, and then raise me onto the stage for the world to see!"

"...Yeah...and I was born on the set of Highlander."

"I have proof! Anyways, 10 years ago. That would've been during the Angel Of Retribution tour cycle. Underrated album. But Death Punch? Well first I do like their stuff, but Got Your Six was a pretty dull album for me.  Second, you sure it was Death Punch? I mean 10 years ago they didn't even have an EP out, let alone their first album 'Way Of The Fist' and they didn't go on any major tours until '997(AC)."

And, you're 28? Studying for your Doctorates or something?" 

@@Mentis Soliloquy

"Bleh. Tea. My parents made me drink the stuff all the time. No, no we don't have any. And no, I don't know any other Mikos. Well I do, but they're not named Miko." 

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"Oh wait, did I say Death Punch?" she blushes "That was my 26th, no, but Priest and Maiden performed at my 18th" she giggles, still blushing some what "I can be so scatterbrained sometimes, anyway, you'd probably hate my type of music, I mean the stuff I write" she giggles "It's bubblegum pop sort of stuff" she says as she gets out her phone and flips through to a recording she and her friends did.

@@Denim&Venom,

"Aw... no tea? Well you got milk or somthing right at least?" She really actually at this stage wanted to have somthing to drink and she'd settle for tap water at this rate, but that was last if she could have somthing else that would be nice first before having to resort to tap water.