Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Anthro Slice of Life Redux

Denim&Venöm

"I would love to share some of my homeland with the people here!" Tyra beamed, hopping in place with excitement. "There is lots of food and music and clothes from my home!"

She grinned ear to ear. "When does this meeting begin? Will it be soon? It will be much fun!"

"It's a few days away still. I certainly hope it is entertaining and informative, that is the goal. I'll add you to the email list if you are interested. Every student has a university email address for official purposes, that's where all correspondence is sent," Kerrigan said politely. "Now then, my office hours begin in a few minutes. I will see you in class. And Tyra? Don't be afraid to speak up," Kerrigan said.

@@captainborgue

Azeal slowly opens his eyes as he hears what sounds like his heartbeat thundering in his ears, moments later he hears nothing but a loud ringing coming from within his head, and he instantly sat up, his fur damp with sweat, he looks around a moment, his long striped tail slowly flicking. After a few minutes of him sitting with his head in his hands, he stands up and looks at the nearest alarm clock, once he figured out what time it was he looked at the date. He sighed heavily with relief as he figured out he had not fallen asleep for days, but just a few hours. Though he did miss a few of his classes, he'd surely make some excuse good enough to pass by the Headmaster, and more importantly, pass by Doctor Hannibal.  She scared him, there was no doubt about that, but he respected her more than any other student or teacher here. He'd only been here for a year, though. After he won a scholarship in advanced martial arts, he was moved here last year. He decided to take up another class, which was more of his second passion of his, though he still felt like just one major would be a little too boring and not enough of a challenge. He slips on his black shirt and he puts on his fitted blacked out shades, soon after, he takes a few gulps out of his water bottle and chews a few pieces of gum. He then put on his watch and headed for the door. He then made his way through the halls, waiting till a person of authority found him.

Kimi had enjoyed breakfast with Blitz, though he seemed the more quiet sort. Her classes had gone fairly smoothly, no surprises thus far. She made her way across campus, trying to decide what to do with a chunk of free time in the middle of her day. She had not, however, expected to see a Tiger student. The campus diversity program was clearly working exceptionally well.

"Wow, for once I'm not the tallest person on campus," Kimi said, smiling. "Name's Kimi Matozi. What's your handle?"

"It's a few days away still. I certainly hope it is entertaining and informative, that is the goal. I'll add you to the email list if you are interested. Every student has a university email address for official purposes, that's where all correspondence is sent," Kerrigan said politely. "Now then, my office hours begin in a few minutes. I will see you in class. And Tyra? Don't be afraid to speak up," Kerrigan said.

Tyra blinked and tilted her head. "E... mail...?" She repeated, not used to using electronics back home. She knew about mail, but what was different about this 'email'?

She shook her head, deciding she could find out for herself, and grinned up at Kerrigan. "Aye, my thanks!" She beamed and headed for the door toward what was next on her schedule.

@,

"Yeah that makes more sense. I think that was the tour w/ Volbeat. Maiden and Priest though?  For Maiden that would've been the Dance Of The Dead tour. Dayum. One heck of a pairing. Seeing the metal god and the air raid siren. Saw Maiden earlier this year."

"With Sabaton!" 

"Surprise guests. Book of souls. Good album. I think Countess Coloratura helped that album reach as high as it did thanks to her posting about waiting till the midnight release to download." 

The two fo them then listened to Middy's recording. Mindie moved her shoulders w/ the beat till the song finished. 

"I like it." 

"Yeah it's alright. There's worse pop music out there. But Mindie, you thinking what I'm thinking?" 

"Cover song?" 

"Cover song." 

"Yay!"

"You see, one of the things we like to do is take that type of fast paced elextronica/ nightcore type of deals, and turn them into speed metal. Imagine the synth parts replaced w/ Maiden guitar harmonies and backed by double bass bast beats. Just imagine that. But played by Amaranthe. Or Dragonforce. Or Babymetal."

"By Odin's beard...." 

"I know right?" 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Eh, probably. I know Ruby keeps gallons of it in the fridge. She actually has it overnighted to her from Manehatten each week. Different than store bought stuff though. Very creamy.  Must be some organic vitamin D enriched stuff. I dunno." she shrugged.

"You could just share your cases of Jones soda." 

"Buck that. That's my premium cane sugar soda. Anypony wants some, they'll have to comp me for it."

"But then how will they buy some and support the brand?"

"... okay fine, they get one bottle on the house."   

@@Denim&Venom,

Midnight's ears perk up and her eyes widen "That'd be so totally awesome! I'm glad you like my music, maybe..maybe we could collab at some point?" she asks, her tail was wagging as if she were a puppy and not a pony, "I'm actually really happy you like my music, I have a few more songs" she says excitedly. Just then her phone rings and she looks at it "Oh, it's the girls" she says as she answers it "Hey Cindy, yeah i got here fine, yeah? yeah? Ooh that sounds cool, oh and I met these really cool furs and ponies, two of them actually want to do a speed metal cover of our song Bam Bam Dance.. yeah! I know, cool right? you're what!? No way! Can't wait!" she giggles "alright see you then" she hangs up and beams "they're coming to visit me next week."

@@captainborgue

Azeal looked to her as she spoke, he blinked a few times before speaking back, it seemed he was processing what the term 'Handle' meant. He then replied with a slight smile, "Dah, is good to meet you. I'm Azeal Fayder, second year student here, though I don't remember seeing you. What do you study? I study several martial arts and mechanical engineering." he said with a slight enthusiasm that didn't seem like he had inside of him, his face looked almost hard as stone, but his smile was genuine and his eyes gleamed with life. 

@@Denim&Venom

"I won't have any if you don't want to share I mean that'd be rude of me as a guest." She got distracted as they walked thinking about somthing else for a few moments, she came back then looked to Miko. "Why such a guarding of your drink then? I mean if you can buy more of this stuff?" 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Cause it ain't cheap.  This isn't your Pepsi, Coke, Faygo, RC or Sam's cola. This stuff is produced and bottled straight from the family owned Jone's soda company of Seaddle. A company w/ more flavors than any other, made using premium sugar cane, bottled not w/ a logo, but w/ pictures sent in by customers and fans. And thus, very expensive and hard to come by here in Salt Lick."  

@,

"Oh that's cool. And hey maybe we can collab. Give us insight on how to properly work out the song." she took out her own phone and began sorting through the songs. "Here's one of our tracks. What we would do would probably sound like something along these lines." 

Edited by Denim&Venom

@@Denim&Venom,

Midnight listens to the music and smiles "Sounds great, and sure a collab would be great, the girls could even put in their thoughts too" she says as she  gets out her binder to show he photo of her friends, there was a snow leopard and arctic wolf "the leopard is Cindy and the wolf, well that's Nadia" she says with a smile.

@@Denim&Venom,

"Oh well I'll pay you for the bottle then if it's expensive I don't want to drink out the good stuff and you just lose money that'd be rather selfish of me." She said with a smile, it was rather true she'd not want to do such a thing it would seem rather rude for her to do that. 

@

Zeke leaned over Midnight's shoulder and looked at the two animals.

"Hey, I know that wolf! Nadia, she came from the same pack  as me. We had a whole load of different wolves, I remember her when we were kids. I never knew she left the pack though!"

Zeke was surprised, he barely every saw the rest of his pack other than his parents anymore.

@,

"Oh, they look nice. Now that I think about it, never met a snow leopard or arctic wolf.  The former are usually in the Saddle Arabian mountains that border Staliongrad, the latter are over in the Elsmare island, now located near the crystal empire." 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Fair enough. Who knows'? Maybe you'll like what you taste."  

@@Denim&Venom,

Midnight smiles "They're really lovely girls, we pretty much grew up together, which is why I was reluctant to transfer here, but due to circumstances, I had to" she says as she puts her binder back in her bag and flicks her tail "they're both also very soft and love to snuggle" she giggles, "very bouncy personalities as well" 

@@Denim&Venom,

"Well I hope I do I don't want to pay you for a drink I don't like that would be counter productive to me and I'd feel kinda crappy about it." Despite this out burst she would regardless reimburse Miko for the cost of this expensive pop that she prized so much. 

@,

"Aw I love cuddling." Mindie said

"She does." Miko quipped, nodding along.

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Well I think it's good. Tell you what. First bottle is free. All others you'll have to pay full price for. Including tax." 

"Wow. I didn't know you were so corporate Miko." 

"Yeah, like you have a budget to spare." 

@@Denim&Venom

"You'd love the girls then, Cindy loves to purr really loudly when snuggling and Nadia, well she usually likes to wrap whoever she is snuggling with up in her tail and hug them closely" she says and flicks her ears "they're also very bouncy and fun loving, they usually ended up dragging me off to some club or outing during he weekends and our off study days"

@@Denim&Venom

"Well that is ok I do have some money so I'll be happy to pay for your drink if your living on a budget, I'd be a poor guest to drink away somthing you love that is not the most cheapest thing in your fridge." She Gave them both a smile, heavens why not she rather liked them and wanted to show her good intentions with these two girls she wanted to become friends with at this rate that was for sure.

@,

"They'd probably like Alyssa, Hime, & Charlotte. Our crazy drummer, guitarist & keyboardist respectively. Alyssa likes to dive off things. Hime is a crazy dancer, and Charlotte just get's really excited about stuff. But don't be discouraged if she brings her husband and our roadie/ sound tech, Joe along. He's a pretty quiet dude."

"What about Ruby?"

"I think Ruby is a bit more of a loner. Chooses who she hangs out w/ carefully, otherwise she does her own thing."  

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Y'know, I like that about you. You're honest and you're fair. I hope you do pay me. Cause then that means you like my soda, and one day buy soem yourself. There a small company, so they could use the patronage. Make them bigger so they could actually sponsor us..."

"Miko if your trying to get an indy soda company of all groups to sponsor our band, then our music probably wasn't that great to begin with." 

"Hey! Meshuggah was never sponsored initially, and look where they are now! Car commercials bitch! Oh and partnered w/ Affliction MMA." she said, tugging at her shirt which bore the logos of both the band and the mixed martial arts clothing line.   

affliction-mens-meshuggah-t-shirt-black-

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom

Midnight nods "sounds like girls that my friends would like" she says and looks around, "It's okay if she brings her husband...though I'd probably feel lonely, no partner and all" she says finishing the last of her sentence off with a whisper under her breath, she then shakes her head "Enough about that. what rooms are you all in?"

@@Denim&Venom,

"Well I hope to live up to your reputation you've placed upon me. Heck if they are good maybe I will have to seek out this special drink and well... well drink it." giggling from that lack of alternative words in her sentence. "So where is your room then we've been walking for a little." 

@Roxy Sparx, @Mentis Soliloquy,

"Oh shiznit! When did we leave the elevator?" Miko asked looking around.

"By Odin's beard you're oblivious."  

"Okay, so our rooms would be-" she looked around. And pointed back. 

"All the way back down the opposite way and to the left!" She said as she sauntered past the group. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Kankuro@@Denim&Venom,

"Oh cool, I think I'm in 3D or something like that, let me look" she says as she looks at her roster "Oh, completely opposite side, I'm 32D" she says with a soft smile, hoping that at least one of her new friends was going to be close by. She smiles "Don't worry, I can be rather oblivious myself, especially when I'm lost in thought or something"

@,

"Uhhhh....were in...buck I dunno. We're in the room that has all the posters stuck to it."

"You seriously don't remember our room number?"

"Never needed to. I've always found it by scent alone. So what is our room number?" 

"It is...it's...it's...uhhhh....wow, I really should know this...." 

"You're heckling me and you don't know it either!?" 

@@Denim&Venom

"You both don't recall where you actually live? You know that is some real dumbness there girls, how can you actually forget something like that?" Quill was honestly very surprised by the pairs total lack of recall or memory of where they lived, it just seemed absurd to the mare. 

@@Denim&Venom,

Midnight couldn't help but giggle a little "you tow are just so much like them, I can't wait to introduce you to them" she says with a soft blush,  "Just..they're both really snuggly, like I said before and well.." she giggles "they're most likely going to instantly snuggle you"