Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could give the mane 6 a record...

El Duderino

If you had to give each of the mane 6 a record you think they would enjoy, what record would you give them?

I think I would give Rarity an Elton John record. I feel like she would dig that.

Rainbow Dash would need something more on the rock side. Maybe some Foo Fighters.

Applejack would obviously get some sort of country album. I would give her some Old Crow Medicine Show, or maybe a classic like Johnny Cash.

Pinkie Pie is easy... She would get a Weird Al record :P

Fluttershy would obviously get a Sex Pistols record... just kidding. I think she would like something mellow like Jack Johnson.

Twilight is kind of hard. I could see her liking a lot of different stuff, but I would lean towards giving her something like Taylor Swift.

What about you guys? What would you give them?

• Brohoof 1

An intriguing conundrum, allow me to give a try:

• For purple smart, a classic metal, because she's my waifu and this is something i would love for her to hear, Scorpions and Bon jovi would be good candidates;
  • For our favorite orange apple farmer, i'm not a fan of country, but just to appease her into accepting my partnership with Twilight, Eric Clapton and Robert Johnson;
  • For Rarity, The White, It's a hard choice, but something psychodelic, like Pink Floyd and The Animals;
  • For the meek yellow flyer, something calm to set her animals in a happy mood and send good vibes, Kenny G and Stevie Wonder;
  • For the crass prismatic pegasus, something she could listen while making her tricks, to boost her performance, Imagine Dragons and Disturbed;
  • For the Pink Party Pony Pinkamena Pie, here nicknamed 5 Pi, another hard choice, something she could put on her parties and everyone have fun, The Beetles and Bee gees, definitely if not a bit of creedence;
Edited by Darkwhip
  • Brohoof 2

• I would give Twilight Sparkle A Voivod record or any mathematically progressive record, because some of Voivod's best records are very progressive and "organized" if you allow me the term :P and she would enjoy this intelligent and genious kind of music.

I would give Applejack a Pantera record, because it fits her more western personnality and she would really like it.

I would give Pinkie Pie any crossover thrash record, like any record from D.R.I. because in general, crossover seems like a very bouncy genre of music, and I think that Pinkie would really get along with a record of this kind.

I would give Fluttershy a Gojira record, because their lyrics are really ecological and for the animals and she would like their music very much.

I would give Rainbow Dash an Old School Thrash Metal record and if I can be more specific, a Razor record, because their music is badass just like Dashie and her personnality and she would enjoy the heck of one of their records.

I would give Rarity a Symphony X record, because this pony seems to really enjoy classical music and a Symphony X record would make her enjoy this fusion of metal and classical music.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

absolute no idea why they would want one at all.

Because everyone likes music! :) They would probably like it if you gave them some new music to listen to. They probably don't have spotify or itunes in Equestria, so they need to actually have a record to listen to one. Believe it or not, before streaming services existed, a record was an awesome gift. I still think it is. 

Edited by El Duderino

Twilight gets Olivia Newton John.  :P

Pinkie gets a Frozen soundtrack (and KidzBop 23).  :ooh:

Rarity gets Sondheim's greatest hits.  :proud:

Flutters get Margaret Whiting.  :fluttershy:

Dash gets Euro Punk Fusion.  :dash:

Applejack gets Willie Nelson and Reba McEntire.  :smug:   

• Brohoof 1

Twilight; Any compositional material, or anything preformed by a multi section with conductor... she would like the complexity

Rainbow Dash; Any and all alt rock, and rock from the 70's 80's 90's (disco included)... she would love the feeling the artists use, and the beat!

Rarity; i would give her jazz, i think she would gain insperation from the "freeflowing" notes, (btw im thinking cowboy bebop and hellsing animes as the "ideal".

Apple Jack; she would get any bluegrass, and lots of Johnny Cash...maybe some elvis as well.

Pinky Pie; Weard Al.... and Dr. Dimento...did monty python do any songs?....she is "outragous", as are these...

Fluttershy; I would give her Gregorian Monk tracks, and any ballads.(im thinking Meatloaf)... she loves to sing, but dont want anything pony to hear her.... these songs would let her sing with such emotion.

and i would have to give techno/dubstep/black midi to Pon-3, she would just love them... and her parties would get more intense.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight: Something kinda laid back and not too heavy like a Keane record. Anything she can listen to while studying.

Rarity: Jazz! Not sure of a specific artist she'd enjoy more than the others, though. Also something classical like a Beethoven symphony.

Pinkie Pie: Something very upbeat and dancey. Probably an Avicii or Calvin Harris album.

Fluttershy: Something soft and folksy, like James Taylor. Maybe some John Denver, too.

Applejack: Country or blues rock, like Johhny Cash or Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Rainbow Dash: A Rush album because I feel like that old-school progressive rock would fit Rainbow Dash pretty well.

• Brohoof 2

Pinky Pie; Weard Al.... and Dr. Dimento...did monty python do any songs?.

Monty Python does do songs, and they are wonderful. They are silly and outrageous, but they can also be surprisingly dark and inappropriate so I don't know how much Pinkie would like them is she actually payed attention to the lyrics. 

Applejack: Country or blues rock, like Johhny Cash or Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Country is an obvious choice, but Stevie Ray Vaughn is also really good!

• Brohoof 2

Twilight: i'd give her something by Deep Purple.(Get it? Deep Purple!)

Pinkie: Probably something by They Might Be Giants(boi).

Applejack: Johnny Cash, of course.

Rainbow Dash: Something as bright and colorful as her, like Earth Wind & Fire.

Rarity: either The Beatles(she DOES wear a costume similar to the ones in Sgt. Pepper's during one of the songs from the EQG movies, so it's perfectly possible for her - or at least her human counterpart - to be a Beatles fan.), Queen(It's fancy and shiny, but at the same time hammy and over the top, sounds familiar?) or David Bowie(It's David Bowie, do i really need to explain why his music is perfect for her?).

Fluttershy: surprisingly, brazilian rock would be right up her alley: chill and smooth, but still bright and positive, she gets Raul Seixas for sure(even thought she probably wouldn't understand the lyrics, unless she speaks portuguese).

/////////

bonus:

Celestia: I'd give her her own church choir.

Luna: Pink Floyd(Dark Side Of The Moon, anyone?)

• Brohoof 1

Time for the person who has very little to do with music to use his (lack of) experience with music to decide what music someone should have!

Pinkie Pie: Either the Mighty Boosh or Flight of The Conchords, maybe both.

Applejack: Definitely the Wurzels.

Rainbow Dash: Something awesome and motivating, like something by Two Steps From Hell, or for the same reasons, but different style, the DOOM (2016) soundtrack.

Rarity: Maybe David Bowie?

Fluttershy: Bob Ross's voice.

Twilight: I've got no idea.

Extras:

Discord: System Of A Down or The Prodigy, need I say much else?

Luna: (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, Moonlight Sonata (3rd Movement) - Beethoven, the Rogue Legacy OST, or the Interstellar OST.

Celestia: The Walker - Fitz and The Tantrums (I feel she'd like it), and The Sun Is A Mass of Incandescent Gas by They Might Be Giants as a bonus.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...