Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Most-Underrated Characters In Pretty Much Everything

Castle Bleck

One of my picks is Tso Lan (the "Moon" Demon Sorcerer) in Jackie Chan Adventures.

He looks like a sophisticated alien emperor, he talks like Hannibal Lecter, and his element ("Gravity") is the most capable of widespread mayhem (e.g., he once nearly causes a literal apocalypse on Earth via ruining the Moon's orbit).

Edited by A.V.

Toyohiro Kanedaichi(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable) is great and deserves more love.

4dc.jpg

His Stand(despite having powers that do more harm than good), Superfly, has a really cool design and a name that just sticks with you, and after you learn why he tries to attack the main characters at first(Superfly is a transmission tower that keeps him stuck in the area around him, and the only way for him to escape is for someone else to be trapped in it) you really start sympathizing with the guy; not to mention that the has kind of a mystery around him: we never got to see his true face(he wears a mask that resembles a human face) or hear his real name, and i really wish Araki(the creator and writer of the manga) had revealed at least one of those things(or at least given us a hint)

////////////////////////////////////

The rest of the 11 Supernovas(One Piece)

e559e62b778b94791cf0678991752ce3.jpg

Alright, so in One Piece we get the 11 Supernovas: 11 newcoming pirates who despite being inexperient have extremely high bounties placed on their heads.

Cool concept? yeah, but unfortunately at the moment the only Supernovas that ever recieve any attention are Luffy, Zoro(because they are main characters), Trafalgar Law(because he is an ally of the main characters), Eustass Kid(because he is Law's sorta-kinda-not really rival) and Killer(because he works for Kid).

That's only 5 of them, which means the other 6 barely get any attention at all, which kinda bothers me because despite getting very little screen time(or maybe because of that fact?) they have pretty memorable personalities and/or powers: Jewelry Bonney is a hot-headed big eater who's pretty much a female version of the protagonist - while still having her own traits besides that - which could make for some pretty funny and interesting interactions; X Drake is an ex-marine, which could make for a really neat backstoy, plus he can turn into a T-Rex; Scratchman Apoo can slash and explode people using music, seriously, i NEED to know how that works; Basil Hawkins is a fortune teller pirate with the power to create actual, fully functional Voodoo dolls, so a fight with him could be really awesome; Urogue seems to be some kind of monk - to the point that the members of his crew refer to him like he was a religious figure such as a preacher or a priest - so knowing why is that so and what motivated him to become like that would, again, make for a cool backstory; and Capone Bege is mobster pirate with a really mysterious power: it COULD be the power to have tiny weapons and soldiers inside him or it could be the power to shrink things down and store them inside him, so it would be cool if they revealed which one it is and how it works.

Point is: these 6 have potential, and i want to see that potential getting tapped into! Knowing One Piece, i know they're going to be exploited later on, but UGH the wait is killing me!

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind

Immediately, these characters come to my mind:

• Kotetsu Hagane (Naruto/Naruto Shippuden)
  • Izumo Kamizuki (Naruto/Naruto Shippuden)
  • Iruka Umino (Naruto/Naruto Shipouden)
  • Zetsu (Naruto Shippuden)
  • Lyon Vastia (Fairy Tail)

- I can understand why Kotetsu and Izumo are so forgotten. I cannot deny that they have done little to nothing in the series. When they both had their time to fight against Kakuzu and Hidan, they sorta disappointed me. 

- Iruka Umino... I'd say Kotetsu and Izumo are more underrated than he is, but I don't feel that the writers have done a whole lot with him, which sucks because I think he has so much potential to be more of a memorable character!

- Zetsu? He's just plain weak. A lot of people really just tossed him aside. I wanted to see way more of him because I found him to be one of the most interesting members of the Akatsuki.

- Finally, Lyon. Yes, he has some good moments, but I wanted to see him executed so much more! He's too gorgeous!

:please:

- Zetsu? He's just plain weak. A lot of people really just tossed him aside. I wanted to see way more of him because I found him to be one of the most interesting members of the Akatsuki.

I assume you mean White Zetsu, right?

Because Black Zetsu actually became pretty important at the end.

Edited by A.V.

I assume you mean White Zetsu, right?

Because Black Zetsu actually became pretty important at the end.

I suppose I meant both. Although, more so white Zetsu.

Honey the Cat from the Sonic franchise, particularly the version from the comics. Honey is sort of a cross between Rarity and Asami Sato from Korra. Like Rarity, Honey is a fashion designer who aggressively promotes her line and takes the business aspect of her line of work very seriously. Even more so than Rarity, Honey is more willing to get down and dirty to do it, while still knowing her place and staying out of the way of the greater good.

Compared with other Sonic characters, including those from the comics and especially the females, Honey stands out to me as more realized and straightforward than the more prominent females. Most noticeably, she seems to be the most independent of the female characters, one of the few whose role is not defined in majority by materialism or relationships to other characters. Her energy, enthusiasm, and determination in the "Champions" arc of the comic series (issues 268 to 271) are thoroughly enjoyable, as is

her contrast with Breezie the Hedgehog, who is a businesswoman like Honey, but is far more materialistic and holds no loyalties. Breezie points out the similarities in the lengths they go to further their own interests, however the differences between the two are obvious as early as the first issue

I enjoy characters that portray business owners as something other than the typical villain or rich, eccentric relative. Honey's strengths reflect many of the best portrayals of such characters; a strong sense of morals and ethics combined with a stringent enthusiasm for one's own work, as well as reaping the rewards and handling all of the challenges. Unfortunately, the character is not well known because her single appearance in the main Sonic games was limited to her inclusion as a little-known secret character in the original Sonic the Fighters. However, she did resurface in the 2012 re-release and her first comic appearance in 2015.

Edited by Wind Chaser

Bulma from Dragon Ball Z,   she stands for her friends as much as she can,  offers them to her home with open doors and takes on Vegeta.  Throw in running a company and being a full time mother with these  attacks that happen like all the time!  Along in the future raises her son alone and makes a time machine!

"Hobo" Phoenix Wright from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

He went from a plucky schmuck who just made things up as he went along, to practically a heroic version of Professor Moriarty.

I wish they'd bring "Hobo" back for just one more case at least.

Edited by A.V.

I feel like Babs doesn't get the love she deserves. Also Mel from Ginga Densetsu Weed. This little pup was willing to die trying to defend the home of his best friend, even though he knew he couldn't win and later ran probably for a long time in order to find and warn him of danger.