Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone else think Season 6 has been a dud so far?

heavens-champion

Honestly, nope. I think it was great, and one of the better seasons so far. Right up there with 2,4, and 5 for me. I'm honestly not entirely sure where all the hate is coming from, most of the episodes have been pretty fun for me, with quite a few great episodes like No second prances, Saddle Row Review, Gauntlet of Fire, a Hearth's Warming Tale, Every little thing she does, Where the apple lies, Stranger than Fanfiction, Dungeons and Discords, the finale, etc...

Seems like a lot of people disliked a lot of episodes though, but exactly what episodes those were seem to differ for everyone. It's a bit strange how mixed this seasons reception has been, every single episode seems to have gotten mixed feelings.

Newbie Dash alone is enough to make this my least favorite season. And even then there are tons of problems that I just can't forgive them for, like AJ, RD, and Twilight getting fucked over for the majority of the season, the absolute middle finger of a milestone episode that was Newbie Dash, the poor handling of Starlight's arc, THE GODDAMN MYSTERIOUS MARE DO WELL 2: ELECTRIC SCOOTALOO: NOW WITH, ZOMBEEEZZZZ!!!!11!, and just overall lots of episodes that either feels unnecessary or weak and underwhelming.

I'm not saying that the season's a total loss, it's easily Spike's and Fluttershy's best yet(though Fluttershy could've used more screentime), and there was a few good episodes, Gauntlet of Fire, HWT, Saddle Row, STFF, Times are A Changeling, Viva Las Pegasus. But this season still could've been soooooo much better

• Brohoof 5

I have never been one to 'hate' a season... I would say overall season 3 is my least favorite one, only has a few good episodes and the 13 episode thing is kind of awkward. But season 6 has been on par with season 5. Season 6 had a better finale than season 4 in my personal opinion.

I think it's quite strong, too! I'm not a big fan of Flurry Heart and I think her introduction was pretty pointless, but overall I wouldn't call the entire season a dud.

Then again, people have been complaining about the show's quality since season 4 ended, but I enjoyed seasons 5 and 6 more than any of the early seasons. :P

I actually really like Flurry Heart! She served that episode's themes and was adorable and silly in the process. What more do people need from her?

It's not the best season, but I think it is a really good one so far.  There were maybe one or two just really bad episodes this season, but I mean I've really been enjoying it. 

Spoilers referencing the finale below:

I think the finale really made the season great, tying up some of the events that happened throughout this season into one great finale.  It might be one of the best season finales the show has had so far.

Edited by shy0wl
  • Brohoof 1

After season 4 and season 5 which for me were the best seasons to date, season 6 was a bit of a disappointment for sure.

All seasons have so far been a mix between good and relatively bad episodes, but I think that this sixth season is the one which gave me the more of episodes I didn't really like, or episodes I didn't really care about which is even worst from my point of view... The writting was not always very good, the stories not always interresting enough to keep my attention, and where were some really strange pacing problems during a lot of episodes...

The episodes I liked : The Crystalling 1-2, The Gift of Maud Pie, On Your Mark, Gauntlet of Fire, No Second Prances, Newbie Dash, a Hearth's Warming Tail, The Saddle Row Review (++), Flutter Brutter, Spice Up Your life, Stranger than fanfiction, Viva Las Pegasus, Every little things she does, P.P.O.V

Meh episodes : The times they are a changelling, Dungeons and Discord, Buckball season, The fault in our cutie mark, To where and back again 1-2

The episodes which bored me to death : The Cart before the ponies, 28 Pranks later, Where the apple lies, Applejack's day off

So... not a totally bad seasons, but the ratio of good/meh is too tight for my liking ^^"

Edited by Zel
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think this season has been a dud. There have been a few ups and downs, but I generally enjoyed it, but the finale with Chrysalis returning for revenge and single-underhandedly kidnapping all of Equestria's Royal Family and Elements of Harmony in one fall swoop, leaving the country complete vulnerable was going too far.

Every time the country's been in danger, at least one Royal or Element of Harmony was able to stand up and protect it, even if that Royal was the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle in most cases, but for Chrysalis to be able to kidnap all of them without any trouble, just for revenge, I call "FOUL!" on that. It seriously makes it look like the Mane Six won't be the heroes we've seen them to be in past seasons anymore, and it only makes the Princesses look even more fallible, especially Celestia. For all her magic and strength, she still gets screwed over in some way where she gets captured and has to be rescued, and even then, once life returns to normal, she's all back to being the leader everypony looks up to and loves as if the incident never happened. I seriously wonder if the writers will ever cut the Princesses a break and let them stand out in their own episode or be the hero for once instead of the freaking Damsel In Distress...

• Brohoof 1

Honestly in this season, I don't even remember most of the episodes... it kind of surprises me.

That's not to say that there weren't some awesome episodes this season! My two favorite episodes of all time are both from season six.

However, yes most of the episodes I've seen this season were kind of "meh" for me.

Edited by Heavenly Sun
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going to have to say yes season 6 has been very boring and they have just been trying to hard with each episode if your lucky there might be a good episode or 2 within season 6, but the comedy has also fallen flat as well they try to make the episodes comedic, but it feels more forced if anything and Starlight Glimmer is just to perfect in season 6 they minus well just remove the mane 6 and replace them with Starlight Glimmer.

• Brohoof 2

Nope, but the fandom gets more negative with each season, so of course it is terrible.

Season 4 and 5 were amazing, the best seasons in the show.

People are so oblivious, they look back and the first two seasons with such fondness because thats when most of them started, completely ignoring the fact season 6 is basically on par with both of them in terms of characterization, and quality, and even storytelling.

If I had to rank the seasons it would be

S5>S4>S6=S2>S1>S3

Premieres: S5>S3>S2>S4>S6>S1

Finales: S5>S4>S6>S2>S3>S1

However, Season 6 did contain the first episode of my little pony I can say I actually didn't enjoy watching

Every episode has entertainment value to me, every episode I can say I enjoyed, even the episodes I would call bad, are still good to me, just below the show standard.

However, 28 pranks later is the episode that made me take s6 a step down.

Edited by ryanmahaffe
  • Brohoof 3

Nope, but the fandom gets more negative with each season, so of course it is terrible.

Season 4 and 5 were amazing, the best seasons in the show.

People are so oblivious, they look back and the first two seasons with such fondness because thats when most of them started, completely ignoring the fact season 6 is basically on par with both of them in terms of characterization, and quality, and even storytelling.

If I had to rank the seasons it would be

S5>S4>S6=S2>S1>S3

We are a very cynical fandom.. And someone I know, said the Steven Universe fans are worse... I find that hard to believe 

• Brohoof 4

We are a very cynical fandom.. And someone I know, said the Steven Universe fans are worse... I find that hard to believe 

I call BS, I know a few SU fans and all they ever do is gush about every new episode and beg me to watch it.

And I have been to SU discussion boards, doesn't seem that bad, especially not worse than we can be...all the time

I call BS, I know a few SU fans and all they ever do is gush about every new episode and beg me to watch it.

And I have been to SU discussion boards, doesn't seem that bad, especially not worse than we can be...all the time

I can already predict bronies will love and hate the 2017 movie. In life, you can't please everyone. Overall whether I have a least favorite or favorite season, MLP has consistency with its episodes. Even if an episode is average or bad, I love these characters so the job has already been done.

• Brohoof 1

I can already predict bronies will love and hate the 2017 movie. In life, you can't please everyone. Overall whether I have a least favorite or favorite season, MLP has consistency with its episodes. Even if an episode is average or bad, I love these characters so the job has already been done.

This is very much similar to my standpoint.

About the movie, I can tell there will be tons of people complaining about silly things, mostly with animation.

However, Megan is my favorite writer when it comes to the big epic epsidoes (although Haber is about on par these days) and I know she will do a great job.

About the movie, I can tell there will be tons of people complaining about silly things, mostly with animation.

However, Megan is my favorite writer when it comes to the big epic epsidoes (although Haber is about on par these days) and I know she will do a great job.

Even if I don't get what I personally want from the movie... The DHX staff is gonna pour their heart and soul into it, which alone will transcend onto me. I have a feeling the movie will have something for everyone. I am predicting Chrysalis and changeling MIGHT be in the 2017 movie... Not gonna fully explain why to avoid spoilers... But I have vibes, that season 7 might start this Guardians of Harmony advertising for toys. What better way to do that... Than have Chrysalis, Sombra and Tirek for season 7 together? 

Edited by SunsetBaconDrive

Even if I don't get what I personally want from the movie... The DHX staff is gonna pour their heart and soul into it, which alone will transcend onto me. I have a feeling the movie will have something for everyone. I am predicting Chrysalis and changeling MIGHT be in the 2017 movie... Not gonna fully explain why to avoid spoilers... But I have vibes, that season 7 might start this Guardians of Harmony advertising for toys. What better way to do that... Than have Chrysalis, Sombra and Tirek for season 7 together? 

God I want Sombra, Sombra returned in the siege of the crystal empire comic, which sucked. So he NEEDS to have one full return in all his glory, we need to see him for what he really is, a smart but deadly king.

Basically Scar but more evil

God I want Sombra, Sombra returned in the siege of the crystal empire comic, which sucked. So he NEEDS to have one full return in all his glory, we need to see him for what he really is, a smart but deadly king.

Basically Scar but more evil

I am not a Sombra fan, but his fans need him back in the spotlight. Hell I was satisfied to get Chrysalis back after so many years.

If Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek and Adagio formed like a "sinister four"(see what I did there?) for season 7... I feel like everyone wins. 

I am not a Sombra fan, but his fans need him back in the spotlight. Hell I was satisfied to get Chrysalis back after so many years.

If Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek and Adagio formed like a "sinister four"(see what I did there?) for season 7... I feel like everyone wins. 

Adagio would be nice, but I don't think they want to bring over any eqg characters (except for Flash cameos)

I always liked Sombra, but his fiendship issue was just so amazing, made him the most interesting character by far to me.

I wonder if Sombra or Discord would even trust Tirek, I mean, he has a reputation of betrayel.

I would like Sombra and Chrysalis to find a new evil pony to team up with, maybe even a G1 renewal

Grogar pls

Adagio would be nice, but I don't think they want to bring over any eqg characters (except for Flash cameos)

I always liked Sombra, but his fiendship issue was just so amazing, made him the most interesting character by far to me.

I wonder if Sombra or Discord would even trust Tirek, I mean, he has a reputation of betrayel.

I would like Sombra and Chrysalis to find a new evil pony to team up with, maybe even a G1 renewal

Grogar pls

Powerpuff Girls did it with the Beat Alls(Beetles) why not MLP? 

A basic run down of the relationship between the active villains

Chrysalis and Sombra I imagine would be willing to have a temporary truce. Chrysalis is smart, she is the type a villain I imagine repressing her pride for a small amount of time to each her goals like a true sociopath. 

Chrysalis and Sombra however would be in fear of Tirek since they know what he is capable of. Tirek I can imagine would do the same, use those two to reach his own goals.

And, hopefully, once done with the movie, Meghan will come back to focus on the series and get it back on track from what we've been given so far by Haber. Perhaps Meghan will even give the Princesses the love they deserve and give them an episode all to themselves. That would be satisfying to watch once it actually happens.