Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you microchip your son or daughter?

ManaMinori

Microchips in pets has always bothered me. I feel it's just one step closer to RFID implants in people (which I know, is already being done) to use to buy/sell things, and will become mandatory, eventually, for everyone, because Illuminati.

So the question is, would you microchip your kids? If you do it for pets, who are family members as well, then what's the difference with chipping your kid? Where do you draw the line?

My dogs are microchipped, so was my cat. My cat went missing for a couple of weeks and the only reason we got him back was because of the chip. Some lady found him, took him to the vets and they phoned us up.

It would help find a lot of missing/kidnapped children and therefore save a lot of vulnerable lives. If it was the norm in the future then I guess I would have it done to my potential kids. I obviously wouldn't want my kids to go missing or get kidnapped. If it was mandatory then I'd have no choice in the matter.

They could use it for more harmful things but the question is will the pros of having it done outweigh the cons? I can't answer that right now as it's purely speculation. 

• Brohoof 1

No, that is a disgusting breach of privacy of your children and its a great way to destroy your relationship with your son/daughter if he/she ever finds out. I can understand the safety concerns, but its gonna be a helluva awkward situation telling your son/daughter they have a chip in their head when they turn 18.

• Brohoof 6

My dog isn't microchipped. I'd never microchip my kids, that's too extreme. Maybe in the future where all humans need to be chipped and it becomes the norm but not now, or in the near future can I see children chipped like animals. A simple smart watch GPS tracker would be the furthest I'd go. The whole microchip thing is also giving me Kingsmen vibes xp

Edited by Swinton
  • Brohoof 1

Only when they include GPS ( I believe they currently don't) and that they manufacture it in a way that is not noticeable, which I would use solely if they ever got lost or were kidnapped. I know it's a breach of privacy knowing where they are at all times, but if I were a parent It'd at least give me relief knowing that if something terrible happens, I can still find them.

but its gonna be a helluva awkward situation telling your son/daughter they have a chip in their head when they turn 18.

If it were me, I'd probly' tell them when they're like 10 and explain to them why it's important. Also , the chips aren't implanted in the head, last I heard, they're usually done in the arm or hand .

• Brohoof 1

Only when they include GPS ( I believe they currently don't) and that they manufacture it in a way that is not noticeable, which I would use solely if they ever got lost or were kidnapped. I know it's a breach of privacy knowing where they are at all times, but if I were a parent It'd at least give me relief knowing that if something terrible happens, I can still find them.

If it were me, I'd probly' tell them when they're like 10 and explain to them why it's important. Also , the chips aren't implanted in the head, last I heard, they're usually done in the arm or hand .

I probably should have mentioned that in my post. I watch a lot of crime documentaries online which include a lot of child abduction documentaries. I think I'm more paranoid about stuff like that than others.

• Brohoof 1

If I ever have children, I would never have them microchipped. I don't agree with it morally, and wouldn't even do that to my pets.

• Brohoof 2

And it's not like it isn't removable, either. If human microchips actually become a thing, for medical purposes and such it should be in a place where it doesn't get in the way of diagnostics and surgery, and it can be easily removed in some way. 

I would totally do it. Maybe myself too.

Seriously, this "hurr durr illuminati" thing has got to be the most ridiculous argument I've heard. The illuminati (even if it's real), or any government agency with the smallest bit of technical know-how probably knows enough about you without getting under your skin (literally). Think about it: the internet, smartphones, credit-cards.. all can be used to track you down within seconds and know what kind of a person you are.

You're being watched 24/7, like it or not. Nobody needs you microchipped to watch you. Most people just aren't very interesting to watch.

On the other hand biological implants can provide early infection warnings, cancer screening, send SOS signals.

• Brohoof 2

Why would you choose not to though? , Not trying to change your decision but just curious as to your reasoning behind it ^ ^

Pets, why should I? A collar and tag with my address and phone number is just fine and it's neither expensive or intrusive.

Kids-Gross breach of privacy and ethics. If I wouldn't have it done to me, why should I do it to someone else?

• Brohoof 1

The illuminati (even if it's real), 

the illuminati do not exist anymore. they were a group of scientists and thinkers from ages ago.

they only gained a negative reputation because most people back then were extremely religious.

Edited by Blemgo
  • Brohoof 1

No way. I would never microchip my own future children (even on myself). I find microchipping human beings will make them be treated like animals, and therefore lose sense of independence, freedom and dignity.

Getting yourself and your loved ones microchipped only gives governments and other authorities (whoever may control those microchips) more control over your life, and I personally do not want that, ever.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 3

No way. I would never microchip my own future children (even on myself). I find microchipping human beings will make them be treated like animals, and therefore lose sense of independence, freedom and dignity.

Getting yourself and your loved ones microchipped only gives governments and other authorities (whoever may control those microchips) more control over your life, and I personally do not want that, ever.

Pretty much this, agreed 100%.

• Brohoof 2