Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Another reason why Starlight Glimmer bothers me

cider float

She in many ways sort of sabotaged a moment when a previous existing character could of shined more and had their own two parter ending for Season 6. It could have been Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Cadance, Shining Armor, Spike, Celestia etc., a moment for someone that's been in the shadow of Twilight Sparkle so long could have had a grand opportunity to not only be a hero but showcase a different type of hero, Rainbow Dash could be more brash and obnoxious than Twilight making reckless mistakes but eventually finding patience as a virtue, Fluttershy may take baby steps and needs more time to develop into a hero and when she does she finishes it with flying colors. 

• Brohoof 1

They had 5 seasons to be the hero and I think they have wasted their opportunity, the one that bothers me about that episode is the fact that anytime Twilight redeems someone, it's almost automatic but when somepony else does it, it gets declined, for once, I want to see something not go according to plan for Twilight.

• Brohoof 2

While I see where you are coming from, it can also be said that the other members of the Mane 6, Spike (Crystal Empire), and others either already had at least one chance to shine or weren't interesting enough for people to care. Granted; I'll give you Celestia, but I wasn't exactly clamoring for Cadence or Shining Armor to have that spotlight that Starlight was given.

That said Starlight herself needed an episode like the S6 finale to fully grow, and I'm glad she got it.

• Brohoof 2

I think it was a good finale! Starlight did awesome as a hero, along with the other reformed villians! Villains like Starlight, Discord, and Trixie; it was a great 2-parter for them to redeem themselves officially! Although, credit's paid where credit's do, and I'd like to see Discord and Trixie be congratulated on helping Starlight save Equestria, cause she wouldn't have gone that far without them, or Thorax parse. 

Regardless though, I don't think Starlight's gonna play a SUPER heroic role anymore, cause season 6 was her season, and if she has a supporting role in the season 7 2-parters, then it might be just a supporting role. You do have a point where the Remane Five, Spike, and the princesses could use some heroic moments that they lack. Especially the princesses! Make Celestia useful again!

Edited by MegaSean45

Season 6 did a fantastic job of wasting the potential plotline of Starlight Glimmer growing as a character by showing her growing past her mistakes and learning how not to be a dictator

The Season 6 Finale implies that's what happened, but we never saw any of it

"No Second Prances" should've come after "Every Little Thing She Does" and was Starlight's first attempt at taking her Friendship Lessons seriously, gaining her an acquaintance in Trixie "I'm An Insufferable Blowhard" Lulamoon

I found Trixie's flirting with Discord more believable than her "friendship" with Starlight

• Brohoof 1

I see where you are coming from here, it can be quite jarring that a new character gets more spotlight time in a two parter than characters that have been around far longer. but I feel her being in the spotlight for that was desperately. Starlight is a character that I just couldn't bring myself to like all throughout season 6 and when all hope was lost, the finale came by and actually showed her character in a lot of good ways. It didn't make her overpowered, it didn't show he being destructive or manipulative, it showed her being kind and it showed her own weaknesses too. So finally we have seen Starlight in a pretty amazingly positive and as such, I actually sorta like her now. Not completely, but it is start and the finale is why.

Without that finale, I probably would still hate Starlight to be honest.

I am not sure. Maybe Twilight's old friends aren't up to the task of saving the day on their own. They're heroes but not superheroes. They are powerful together, not apart. Starlight being a hero isn't so troubling to me. I'm only troubled that she had to be a hero because all of Equestria had fallen.

She in many ways sort of sabotaged a moment when a previous existing character could of shined more and had their own two parter ending for Season 6. It could have been Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Cadance, Shining Armor, Spike, Celestia etc.

I see what you mean:

My thoughts:

Oh Celestia is cool. She will be in the spotlight very soon. :love:

Oh, Luna gets her own episode. Okay, next time it's certainly Celestia's turn. ^_^

Oh, there is a Cadance out of nowhere. She is new horse, she now has to get some spotlight. Okay, Celestia will be next. :adorkable:

Oh, Discord is now in the spotlight. And Cadance. Again. Okay, because it's DeLancie and stuff. Now it's time for Celestia, though. :awuh:

Oh, Luna gets another episode for herself. Now Celestia should be next. :confused:

Oh, other very new characters are introduced. And they get the spotlight, their own episodes. Great, great. Where is Celestia, though? :dry:

Oh, another new character. Starlight Glimmer. And of course, she is now the big one in the finale. Can we get some Celestia now? :okiedokieloki:

Now, Starlight Glimmer is even the main gig, including Discord again and friggin' Trixie. Trixie... Does anyone even care about Celestia?? :eww:

New rumors are telling from a new Luna song. I don't friggin care! Where is Celestia? Starlight Glimmer???? I don't give a darn!!! :=:

Much of the Starlight dislike results from total neglection of other certain characters...at least at my part.

Edited by Swifty

Honestly, I really didn't like the S6 finale at all - just way too unbelievable with how easy it was for the message to reach the changlings and for them to embrace it so readily. I'm glad they tried to include Starlight - I actually don't care for her as a regular character, but they did what what they could for her to more of a starring role.

It would have been nice actually to have had a finale about the OTHER 5, without twilight, having to step up and figure out a way to save the day.

The last time we had the other 5 try and do that (The S4 premier) they basically went up to the tree, stood their for a sec, and then said "Yeah, we're fucked, lets go find twilight". This was tempered by having twilight hold the distress ball and forget HOW I SHOT LASER so the plants could take her down and the others could save her, but that's about the best we've gotten for the others.

• Brohoof 1

IMO, the point of the S6 finale was that Chrysalis had learned from her mistakes & captured anyone she thought was dangerous.  This gave the others their chance to shine.  I do like what they've done with Trixie.

Which begs the question: She didn't think Starlight was a threat, but she thought Spike was a threat? If you think the number one assistant of the key in your first defeat was a threat, but think their student isn't a threat, then you deserve to lose twice.

Edited by heavens-champion

Which begs the question: She didn't think Starlight was a threat, but she thought Spike was a threat? If you think the number one assistant of the key in your first defeat was a threat, but think their student isn't a threat, then you deserve to lose twice.

Well the way I see it, Spike has friends in high places, even if the princesses are captured! He's friends with a Dragon Lord for crying out loud, so if Spike was able to figure out what happened to his friends, the changelings would have to deal with a dragon army! Chrysalis couldn't take that risk, so of course Spike was a threat!

Well the way I see it, Spike has friends in high places, even if the princesses are captured! He's friends with a Dragon Lord for crying out loud, so if Spike was able to figure out what happened to his friends, the changelings would have to deal with a dragon army! Chrysalis couldn't take that risk, so of course Spike was a threat!

But still, if one of your enemies just got a pupil, wouldn't you want said pupil out of the way, too? Even when learning from her mistakes, Chrysalis still thinks with her ego. Of course Starlight getting caught leads to another problem. Then again, who says she does get caught. after all, the plot of the finale was that Starlight saved the day, so it would be obvious she would get away before the Changelings could catch her.

They had 5 seasons to be the hero and I think they have wasted their opportunity, the one that bothers me about that episode is the fact that anytime Twilight redeems someone, it's almost automatic but when somepony else does it, it gets declined, for once, I want to see something not go according to plan for Twilight.

Enough! Your whining! It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts!

(I had to. Hehehehehehehehehe.)

At the very least, he's the kingdom's red phone. His primary purpose in any crisis is to alert Celestia. He could very well have been the first target.

Nothing wins against Twilight. They either get reformed, imprisoned, or killed. In any case, the threat is neutralized, and the only one to escape this ultimate fate is barely evil at all, just a life-long predator by fate of being a changeling brood mother.

I'm kinda bummed out about that. Where's that unbeatable ultimate evil looming in the darkness in MLP? There's nothing left. Sombra had potential, but he was so easy to defeat. Equestria is a utopia, all problems have been solved. The only conflict truly left is within themselves.

Edited by Regent

At the very least, he's the kingdom's red phone. His primary purpose in any crisis is to alert Celestia. He could very well have been the first target.

Nothing wins against Twilight. They either get reformed, imprisoned, or killed. In any case, the threat is neutralized, and the only one to escape this ultimate fate is barely evil at all, just a life-long predator by fate of being a changeling brood mother.

I'm kinda bummed out about that. Where's that unbeatable ultimate evil looming in the darkness in MLP? There's nothing left. Sombra had potential, but he was so easy to defeat. Equestria is a utopia, all problems have been solved. The only conflict truly left is within themselves.

Considering what he was implied to be capable of in the Cutie Re-Mark, Sombra being defeated so easily might have been a blessing. Still, in terms of being worse than Sombra, Tirek's a close candidate. As for the ultimate evil thing, I wouldn't rule out the staff's ability to make new villains. At least, they should make new villains.