Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Im in a depressing state rn about the brony fandom never being popular again

TwilightSparkleAndAJ

I don't really know where people are getting this the fandom will end after this or that. It's ridiculous. 

And on the popularity I don't know if it really matters if the fandom or show is popular since it doesn't really make any difference for me at least I mean if it isn't popular then it isn't and if it is then it is there isn't much anyone can do about it.

I've been part of a lot of different fandoms at different times at some point they all tend to peak, then they can be quiet, then surge in popularity again. I'm a member of My Lion King Forum and after Simba's Pride was released there wasn't a whole lot of new Lion King related things being released. Dedicated fans and new fans kept it alive and now we have a live action (I will hold off until I see it) film and The Lion Guard on Disney Jr.

Harry Potter is still alive and well even though it's been 20 years since Philosopher's Stone was published in the U.K.! Think of how long it's been since Deathly Hallows was released. Yes, it's true that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The Cursed Child have helped give a boost to HP's popularity, but the die-hard fans were there even before these were a possibility

Comic book characters go through multiple revisions and they're still highly popular. It took Wonder Woman ages to get her own movie. Batman has been around since the 30s. A lot of media said comic books were dying, but they're still around. They peaked in the 50s had a upward swing in the 90s and leveled out, but still alive.

MLP has been around since the 80s. I doubt the fandom will ever die out. There's always fanfiction and fan art to keep a good community alive. If the media covers something (for good or bad) you'll get peaks of popularity. If something is new or novel then you'll also get people who are around just to see what it's about. MLP is doing fine and will for a while to come.

(edited)

I thought I was the only one who felt this way, seriously I did 

with the things and positive vibes I got from reading the forum posts on this thread, I'd say we never actually die even if the show ends and merch, clothes, toys etc. stop being produced. Seriously we're still coming out with season 7-8 and to everyone's shock and surprise there's actually a my little pony movie coming out with amazing animation style, sometimes I'm surprised and overjoyed by how far we've gotten (hasbro as well)  trust me it's not dead at all it's only the beginning at this point 

Edited by Jade The Pegasister