MLP Forums Massive Musical Project

Skullbuster

I might be able to help with lyrics. I haven't written much music, but I've written a lot of parodies of other songs. Is there a general sort of tune we can work with yet?

I'm interested in getting in in this project as one of the singers if possible, just need to know is it manditory to have Skype?

Considering the chat is there, I'd say yes.

That being said, if you don't/can't have it (even though it's free and IM-chats don't require vocal connection), you COULD have a PM exchange with me or Skull instead. It'd be slow, but the chat is not exactly like a racetrack of wordss either.

I might be able to help with lyrics. I haven't written much music, but I've written a lot of parodies of other songs. Is there a general sort of tune we can work with yet?

Not quite yet, but I recall made a sort of visual map of the different instruments, when they would play etc.

So many people, so much chaos, so disorganized... where is Twilight when you need her...?

Anyways, Im a drummer and im preety good at audio editing, so i could clear up all the recordings for you.

Though honestly, i think the main thing you need to work on is getting everything and everyone organized. I've browsed through the 19 pages of this thread, and im completely lost as to what we have, what we need, who is doing what, who gave up and who is still here etc...

Working in large groups like this is allways problematic, so i suggest you first decide what the final thing is supposed to sound like (genre, if you will), and what the lyrics should be about. Then, we need a person (an experienced trance composer would be perfect, i find these people have a great sense for emotions in the music) to determine the tempo, transitions, slower and faster parts etc. and coordinate this with the soundtrack crew and try to get a quality recording (i suggest a lead guitar makes a solo recording, then everyone else base their recordings on it, that worked great in my past band), and on top of that you edit in all the singers.

Just my 2 cents though... :)

-snip-

Yes, things are pretty confusing at the moment. No need to be new, it's really unclear for me; who, from the original applicants, is still a part of this (save from 3-4 people, including Skull and I, who have been active in the chat).

For the lyrics' subject, it seems clear enough for me: it's a forum theme, so we're seeking to express the spirit of MLP Forums. That's why I had the announcement in the News ticker phrased like that - we need past/present events to talk about, contributing members, ongoing projects...

We already have a stanza about the charity event Feld0 created for sick children in Christmas, for example. And another on Dizzy's pony pile project.

I'd have liked to mention Arylett's forum fanfic too, but she left, and the song looks like it's going to be quite long already.

As for tune, it's meant to be a mix of different genres, to reflect the variety of tastes and origins and talents. Again, Skull had posted a chart in the Skype chat.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Brass boy right here, I can play Trombone, Euphonium and Tuba, I don't have any recording equipment though, why should I bother?

I'm mainly an electronic musician, I've got a library of sound fonts I can use, I can also play piano, and record midi, not the best around though...

I'm mainly an electronic musician, I've got a library of sound fonts I can use, I can also play piano, and record midi, not the best around though...

You could take care of the baseline or beat part, I guess. Unless we have already someone, I can't even figure out if we still do... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

also, so they dont get left out, we can have all of our art people colaborate together to make the cover art

oh by the way, everyone watch this,

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaG-JijAr-c&list=FLOGm-gPMF428ygF2sjDyCmw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

oh dont worry, im sure we will work something out

would you be willing to collaborate with the other muscians by lending your guitar skills?

:0...

Put a smile on that face, bro :3

Posted Image

:D I just love smiling to my friends! Even to every member on this forum :)

BTW: Nice vid you showed us ponies! I thought it sounded catchy don't ya think?

• Brohoof 1

OMG GENIOUS IDEA!

Why don't we do a remix/vocal cover/instrumental cover of this:

It contains the following brony songs:

-Nightmare Night (Electronic/Rap)

-Luna (Electronic)

-Discord (Electronic)

-Summer (Electronic)

-Rainbow Thrash (Rock)

-Loyalty (Rock)

-September (Electronic)

-Beyond Her Garden (Electronic)

And It's all a metal cover.

Think about it, it has multiple genres to satisfy everyone, and it's all by bronies.

Edited by Bloo47
  • Brohoof 1

Well I would have been a lot more active in this but you never added me to the soundtracking list ): And I was to the belief that another topic was going to be made that was more organized and

more "part/role" specific. And that was back in like the end pf October, and I just now saw this topic again. Sorry I haven't been around at all, and that I missed so much ): Is there sti anyway I can help?

Edited by Australianfries

:0...

Put a smile on that face, bro :3

Posted Image

:D I just love smiling to my friends! Even to every member on this forum :)

BTW: Nice vid you showed us ponies! I thought it sounded catchy don't ya think?

thank you i needed that image, im under a little bit of stress so thanks

to every one else thank you for still showing interest, i am going to make another thread some time today so i can re organize this whole thing, thanks :)

• Brohoof 2

You want me to sing? Sorry, but you'll need some ear plugs. Music? More ear plugs. I can't do anything involving music, but hey, i'll be giving y'all moral support.

thank you i needed that image, im under a little bit of stress so thanks

to every one else thank you for still showing interest, i am going to make another thread some time today so i can re organize this whole thing, thanks :)

I take it the new thread's link will be posted here? Or maybe in the Skype group? Honestly, I'll probably receive it second-hand, since I'm bad at keeping up with stuff. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'll probably receive it second-hand, since I'm bad at keeping up with stuff.

You ain't the only one.

Anyway, I'm really sorry I've been so absent lately. I have a shitload of courses, and when I don't have to attend them all, homework still takes care of murdering the rest of my time.

Though, um. I'm pretty sure I've contributed enough with the lyrics. It's someone else's time to rise and shine.

Just remember to keep the same meter (6-8), unless Skull (or the group) decides some parts can have a different one.

• Brohoof 1

Btw guys, he has created a new thread for this musical project

http://mlpforums.com...usical-project/

here it is every one, a new thread so i can better manage this, please i direct all your posts here, it will make everything better for me

So if you still want to be a part of this please post in the thread linked above! :)

• Brohoof 1

I can rap and sing, yo....tee hee!

But seriously, I can sing but its strange.....I can only sing in a male voice because I had to learn how for a web series I did. In my own voice I sound....less then good.......