gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

The one thing I hate about sudden death is that a lot of players are chickens and either hide somewhere on hide on an edge. They should add more things to sudden death like adding brutal alloys.

You know it starts raining Bob-ombs if they go too long without killing each other? All around the stage too. I hunt down those that try and hide from me anyway :P

Wario main here. Used to main Jiggs in Melee(but her nerfs in Brawl made her near unusable, while Wario's aerial mobility is umatched- even by the King of Brawl, Meta-Knight).

And he's hardly underrated, considering he's pretty much been considered one of the to 10 characters since relaease.

My secondary characters are DK and Lucario.

(edited)

My brother plays Smash competitively on a regular basis (as well as several other games; under the moniker AvariceX).  As such, I found myself playing a lot of matches against him and picking up plenty of "professional" techniques.  That said, I wouldn't say I'm as good as any of the regulars on the competitive circuit.  I'm very out of practice having gotten really sick of the game for a good few years and only just started playing again sporadically in the last couple of weeks.

But I might be interested to play some online matches later in the week; friendly or competitive style.

I main Toon Link.  I also enjoy Sonic despite his low-tier status.  And I enjoy Meta Knight but wouldn't play as him in a competitive game as I am very much in agreement with Meta Knight being banned in tournaments.

I'll have to return to this thread when I have a moment to grab my friend codes.

Edited by ErBoi
  • Brohoof 1

I've been playing Super smash bro's since Melee and I absolutely love it!

For Melee I always played as blue kirby and since Brawl I shifted to Blue Kirby,Sir Metaknight and Samus.(Only moved onto Samus's moveset because my friends told me I looked like her one day and got curious to testing her out.XD)

I can't give you my friendcode (or brawlcode for that matter) as I don't have internet set up on my wii..However,I do wish you all luck on your own battles.

SSB is such a fun game to play!:D

Deathflame

My Melee Main is Marth with alternatives Yoshi and Peach. I'm also experienced with G&W and Zelda.

My original main was Peach but I quickly grew on Marth ever since that fateful childhood day I unlocked him. He's an awesome asset when it comes to speed and agility, and his sword has quite the range. He might not be a powerhouse like Roy or Ike in Brawl but his slick movements make him a tough opponent to successfully KO.

As for Brawl, Marth is still my main but lately I've been extending my variety to Zelda, Yoshi, Ness, and Wario.

• Brohoof 1

My Melee Main is Marth with alternatives Yoshi and Peach. I'm also experienced with G&W and Zelda.

My original main was Peach but I quickly grew on Marth ever since that fateful childhood day I unlocked him. He's an awesome asset when it comes to speed and agility, and his sword has quite the range. He might not be a powerhouse like Roy or Ike in Brawl but his slick movements make him a tough opponent to successfully KO.

As for Brawl, Marth is still my main but lately I've been extending my variety to Zelda, Yoshi, Ness, and Wario.

Marth is nil without his L-cancelling. Once you master that, you're nigh on unstoppable. Such a good character, though I haven't acclimatised to him in Brawl yet... I wish L-cancelling still existed :\

Marth is nil without his L-cancelling. Once you master that, you're nigh on unstoppable. Such a good character, though I haven't acclimatised to him in Brawl yet... I wish L-cancelling still existed :\

Marth pretty much stayed the same when he was converted to Brawl, unlike some other Melee characters who got nerved like Peach and Ness. The physics of Brawl make Marth a lot slower and less stealthy but once you master his moveset in the new physics spectrum then you pretty much got him down.

• Brohoof 1

Melee is the only one I've actually played, and I played a ton.

My two best is Dr. Mario and Yoshi. My other pretty good character is Samus, and Jigglypuff to an extent.

I've been Playing The Series Since N64 days, but That was the 1st Series I have. Now with the Wii Virtual Console, I don't have to go through all the Struggles with all The Data being Erased, Restart from the beginning, and Recover all that Lost Data. For Melee, I've been at that Game for the longest time till The game ended up being Broken and then Lost it for now. Brawl? never got Tired of it. I think I played 3 of these Games as my Best Games, but I just Can't decide though. It's Just based on my Performance in the Game and how well I improve better than the last performance in the game.

Out Of The Characters I use the Most was

Super Smash Bros. 64 - Kirby, Ness, Yoshi, and Jigglypuff

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Kirby, Yoshi, Marth, Ganondorf, Falco, and Young Link.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Kirby, Lucas, Link, Falco, and King DDD (or Triple D)

For Boss Battles in Super Smash Bros. Brawl was Pokemon Trainer specifically Charizard who happened to have good Boss Damage.

OMG I completely forgot to put two from my list before!

Honorable mentions.

Blaziken. Being the coolest fire/fighting type I think he would make an awesome addition to ssbu because he is already a fighting type and he can use some attacks that have a chance to burn. Plus he is one of my favorites.

Mii. You probably weren't expecting this. You could select from all the miis you have on the wii u and depending on their height and Weight they would have different moves. Take that!

• Brohoof 1

I have SSBB :P, but I haven't played it in a while.

That said its not bad, I just played it a crap ton when it first came out :P, I just haven't had the urge strike me to play after that really.

Its a great game series and game though :).

Super smash bros. is one of the best game series of all time!

I'm best with Kirby but everyone says he's cheap. I think that's because they can't stand me kicking ass with him!

In melee I'm a bit of an odd ball....I play with the lowest tier characters.... I play the best with picture and have won numerous competitions with him....

I hope the developers at least attempt to make the next smash more balanced. I don't play the game competitively (mostly because of the way it plays out; I'll probably elaborate more on that later), but I took a look at the tier lists and there a lot of tiers. I wanna see the day when Bowser, which I'm pretty certain will be close to the lowest tier, can go toe-to-toe with the top characters of the game and have a decent shot at winning. I hope they change the physics too; Brawl was a little too floaty for my tastes.

I hope Mewtwo returns. He was so much cooler than Lucario.

Super smash bros. is one of the best game series of all time!

I'm best with Kirby but everyone says he's cheap. I think that's because they can't stand me kicking ass with him!

Who is "Everyone?" Kirby is almost at the bottom of the tier list.

My mains are Pikachu, and Link. I'm currently trying to pick up Pichu for the shits and goggles.

I wish I could play people that are better than me though. I whoop everyone I've played, and I can barely wave dash.

(edited)

I got Brawl, main Luigi and Mario.

Brawl minus is where its at. That game is the shit, makes everyone super overpowered and yet balanced. Heres a vid.

Main captain falcon in that awesomeness.

Edited by Flamegeyser

Except not.

Marth in melee is a powerhouse, L-canceling or no.

-Massive speed(again, without even getting into L-cancelling).

-Massive Power

-Disconnected hitbox

-Great Range

-Attacks combo into each other ridiculously easy

Double Fair is wrecking even without L-cancel.

Marth is more powerful than Roy. More power A-moveset, stronger smashes, the works. Roy only outdamages Marth in the B-Moveset.

There's a reason why Marth is High tier in Melee, while Roy is way down in low tier. Marth is faster, has better range and hits harder.

My Melee main is Jiggs. Used to be Marth(first Melee Main), then Dr. Mario, until I settled on Jigglypuff.

I literally played the living shit out of that game to the point that I almost acquired all the stickers and trophies. Best Wii game in my opinion right beside Metroid Prime 3. My favorite characters in that game were Ike and Kirby. Ike is a power house with his hits. Kirby is just awesome. That's my thoughts.

Marth is more powerful than Roy. More power A-moveset, stronger smashes, the works. Roy only outdamages Marth in the B-Moveset.

There's a reason why Marth is High tier in Melee, while Roy is way down in low tier. Marth is faster, has better range and hits harder.

I don't believe in tiers or anything that has to do with Smashboards regulations/SmashWiki info. I stand by the belief that Roy is more powerful because he can easily outclass Marth in hit frames and combos.

1289-8448-8428

That's my Brawl friendcode.  I was going to look up my Wii friendcode as well but it doesn't look like there is one when you play through a Wii U.  Good riddance, honestly.

I don't believe in tiers or anything that has to do with Smashboards regulations/SmashWiki info. I stand by the belief that Roy is more powerful because he can easily outclass Marth in hit frames and combos.

1. Hit frames. I dunno what you mean here? That Roy's attacks have a longer period during which they hit? Marth's are unarguably faster.

2. ...Combos. Roy doesn't have a shot on Marth in combo capacity.

World's best Melee Marth(once Ken stopped playing). The players he's fighting are all among the best in the world.

He's not quite as good as the current best melee players(Mango and Armada), but those two main Jiggs and peach.

Marth had the edge on Roy in just about everything in Melee.

Also, denying the existence of tiers is laughable.

(edited)

Also, denying the existence of tiers is laughable.

See, why can't people just enjoy the game without getting too technical about the stats? To me, it doesn't matter which character you play. If you're good with one, you're good with one. If not, well, then find a new character. They don't have to be placed in tiers in order to make it a legitimate "professional" fighting game. Pretty sure that's not Nintendo had in mind either. The fact of the matter is that it's a fun game because of the different character stats. If you're prone towards power, choose Ike, Ganondorf, King Dedede, etc. If you like a defensive game, go with Marth. It doesn't have to be rocket science. That's why I don't believe in tiers, because once you start throwing out stats and gaming videos all over the place, then you're taking a game that was meant for good wholesome fun into a game where people start to feel very isolated about their techniques and start to feel inadequate. It shouldn't be like that.

Edited by AegisReflector

I don't think that I find Kirby to be that Cheap in the series except that making a fake out Meteor Smash by Using the Final Cutter Move. From What I know So far, I Heard That Sonic was the Cheapest Character in super smash bros. brawl so I'm probably thinking that they'll remove sonic off from the Series or on the Next Super Smash Bros. Game.

Me and My friends were talking about the Next Super Smash Bros. Game so I was talking about Adding new Characters and how to change the Characters so Apparently Maybe for Pit, He should get Great Sacred Treasure as a Final Smash, but the Question is will his Weapon remain as a Palutena's Bow or another Weapon from Kid Icarus: Uprising. As For Kirby Characters, Maybe Kirby's Final Smash should be a Ultra Ability like Ultra Sword or Flare Beam or Monster Flame as a Final Smash and it can be a random of those ultra abilities instead of Cook Kirby. For King DDD, I would say make his moves remain the same or Use the moves from Kirby's Return to Dreamland. For Meta-Knight, Probably I'm thinking the same, but His Air Down-A should be a like a Diving Sword. Probably I'm thinking that They Should Add Spear Waddle Dee from Kirby's Return to Dreamland and make his Moves have Standard Spear Abilities and Use like a Helicopter Spear as a Up+B move and then Fury Move would be mashing or holding the A button and Probably the Spear Diving Move would be Down+A while in the air or Down+B, but It could be any of them.

I dunno, but These were my Idea for the Next Super Smash Bros  Game.

See, why can't people just enjoy the game without getting too technical about the stats? To me, it doesn't matter which character you play. If you're good with one, you're good with one. If not, well, then find a new character. They don't have to be placed in tiers in order to make it a legitimate "professional" fighting game. Pretty sure that's not Nintendo had in mind either. The fact of the matter is that it's a fun game because of the different character stats. If you're prone towards power, choose Ike, Ganondorf, King Dedede, etc. If you like a defensive game, go with Marth. It doesn't have to be rocket science. That's why I don't believe in tiers, because once you start throwing out stats and gaming videos all over the place, then you're taking a game that was meant for good wholesome fun into a game where people start to feel very isolated about their techniques and start to feel inadequate. It shouldn't be like that.

I enjoy the game and such- and I don't give a damn about tiers when I play- I'm far to casual(but skilled) to do so. What I have issue with is denying the existence of tiers- no matter how non-competitive you make a game- as long as not all characters are identical? There will be tiers.

Also, let competitive players play the game they want.

If you're prone towards power, choose Ike, Ganondorf, King Dedede, etc. If you like a defensive game, go with Marth. It doesn't have to be rocket science. That's why I don't believe in tiers, because once you start throwing out stats and gaming videos all over the place, then you're taking a game that was meant for good wholesome fun into a game where people start to feel very isolated about their techniques and start to feel inadequate. It shouldn't be like that.

1. Marth is far more offensive than Ike, King Dedede and Ganondorf(Ganondorf is a turtle character). The last three are to slow to mount effective offensives overall, and need to damage the attacker rather than attack themselves. Well, except for Gdorf, who is just awful period, and can't even do defense right.

2. Brawl is defensive, period.

3. "It shouldn't be like that"- if other people want to play their way, let them. Play your way. I'm a casual, I beat people who follow competitive rules(though not actual tourney players, heh), simply by being better at zoning and timing.

First, It's fine if you don't care about tiers but that doesn't make them disappear. 

Second, characters aren't "placed" into tiers so much as they "fall" into them. It's a natural occurrence as the metagame develops.

Third, communities form around fighting games with tiers all the time (Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Arcana Heart, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive etc.). I'm not sure where you're getting this whole isolated thing from.

Smash is the ONLY fighting game community I've ever seen complain so much about tiers. It's astounding. A competitively sound game can still be fun you know.