gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

OMGSHHH YES! I AM A DIE HARD FAN!

-_- I have all the games except for (obviously) the new one thats coming out. I am planning on getting the 3DS one, however, I wish they had no removed some of the characters. It looks great though!!

Growing up, I just played the heck out of those games!! I really loved Brawl though ^_^ My best characters were always Fox McCloud, Yoshi, or Pikachu!!

• Brohoof 1

SugarSprinklz_zpsd1ad8aec.gif

Right here. I used to play a lot of Melee after my Brawl disc broke. I had many mains, including Fox, Sonic, Ness and Yoshi. As for Melee though, Mario, Fox and Ness were my only mains.

I am definitely looking forward for the new Smash, although I am a little concerned about the roster so far. No sign of Yoshi or Ness.

@@JayStorm,

Hi there - just letting you know about this here larger thread for Smash Bros. I've merged your thread with it so that we don't have two of the same thread. Thanks for understanding :)

So the Smash Bros Nintendo Direct is at 3 PM Pacific tomorrow. Anything you guys would like to see them touch on?

Honestly, I'd like to see them show the online capabilities for both versions. Brawl's suffered from major latency and control lag, so hopefully they took the time to refine that this time around.

• Brohoof 1

fs-mlpforums-sig_zps1e60f7f9.png

Vector Production ~ Friends: YES | Public Requests: TBD | Commissions: NO

BronyCAN 2016 Head of Publications - Email of PM for questions

I loved using King DeeDeeDee and Captain Fabulous, and everyone called me a jerk for that. x)

datte_request_v2_by_wize_kevn-d7hcnbq.png

^Click for my Deviant Art^

You truly are the Rosa Parks of not understanding what r34 is.

tumblr_n3k7hdpgCK1rrmg6po1_400.gif

So THAT's what happens when two Falcon Punches collide... I wonder how different the effect would be from Ganondorf's punch...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

GRENINJA!

My favourite pokémon from the new generation!!!!!

Oh my god.. I wasn't expecting this.. I'm freaking hyped!

[

Edited by Floris

...oh man. Sakurai has spoiled us yet again.

Five character reveals (four of them veterans, three of those going solo), moveset demos, stages named, new game modes, online details, catering to both casual and competitive players, and all those glorious pickups! Man oh man, that was by far the best Nintendo Direct they've done by far.

I am very happy to see what they're doing with the online, especially with the community guidelines. There's always gonna be one douchebag who ruins a good match, but putting some rules in there should really cut it down by a lot compared to Brawl. And the two ways to play really helps filter out the competitive players with the casuals. Just what the doctor ordered.

By the way, I just adore the Villager's final smash. It's just SOOOOO ADORABLE.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

They took out Ice Climbers and replaced them with f*cking Rosalina...

That really might be a game breaker for me.

datte_request_v2_by_wize_kevn-d7hcnbq.png

^Click for my Deviant Art^

You truly are the Rosa Parks of not understanding what r34 is.

(edited)

Seeing that direct has quite literally made Super Smash Brothers (specifically for the Wii U) my all time favorite game. Because holy Celestia...Sakurai is a genius!

But...oh my gosh. A winter release? I thought people were even hoping fall but winter? ...Dear god I hope Mario Kart 8 lasts me a while. I do have a 3DS but honestly I don't think it's worth getting SSB on there. :/ It's not the same.

Edited by FeIix

AcXXucv.jpg

Credit to Kyoshi for the awesome signature!

Since regular Samus and zero suit Samus are separate now..what if regular Samus....is actually Sa-X from Metroid Fusion??? XD

That would be one crazy final smash :P

post-25040-0-58593500-1397002912_thumb.png-Grr. Ima eat ch'ya

• Brohoof 1

I guess they are gonna do the 3DS release first, in Summer. So the question is, is the game already complete on both and they just need more time for the Wii-U one or are they gonna have more content in the Wii-U version?

Regardless I'll get the Wii-U version and if I feel the need, I'll get the 3DS one too. Pretty doubtful though. Fighting games and handhelds probably won't go together very well, even if SSB isn't as complex in it's controls as other fighting games.

(edited)

I'm more hyped that Charizard's back as his own character! Man does he look awesome in HD! I also bet you his final smash is going to have to do with his mega evolutions, it would be silly if it didn't.

... Oh! And greninja is awesome too I suppose. Not exactly who I was expecting or wanted, but his fighting style looks interesting. I'm still hoping that they'll add mewtwo, especially considering he got another movie, became catchable in X and Y again and received a mega evolution.

Edited by Celtore