gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

I'm glad that Mewtwo will be playable, so I don't have to constantly see people complain about him not being playable. :P

Also, I do give Nintendo kudos for making Ridley a stage boss, it just seemed appropriate.

Cannot wait for the Wii U version! Especially after that Direct....

That Nintendo Direct really took a stab at my heart. All I have is the 3DS version, so the way they made the similar things plus the extra stuff for the Wii U look cooler, I sorta took it as an offense. I am still excited for the game and I will probably get a Wii U sometime in the future.

The 3DS version was always going to be inferior.

Hiya everypony! How's the smashing coming along? I've been going through All Star mode with all characters but I've still got a long way to go.

While I rest, does anypony here like to go for a few rounds with me? My Friend Code is in my signature.

• Brohoof 1

As usual, I'm concerned with just how functional the game will be online. I'm the only player in my home with no local friends, so I won't be able to enjoy things like Smash Tour or multiplayer event matches as much as I could. That stage builder definitely looks like a major improvement, but I might not be using it often. So, all I'm really looking forward to are the return of my favourite Brawl stages like Norfair and Port Town Aero Dive.

Also, seeing Mewtwo return was really surprising, even though I didn't use him in Melee, and probably won't here.

My FC: 2380-3090-3964

Added. Keep 'em coming, fellas.

While I rest, does anypony here like to go for a few rounds with me? My Friend Code is in my signature.

Do you mind posting it here? I have no idea how to find this signature of yours.

Edited by Mars Caramel

blah blah blah, 8 player smash, Mewtwo that's all fine and dandy

So, I've been playing online a lot (by the way if you wanna exchange friend codes, PM me), and I've already won 3 online matches. The players are yes hard, but there also tends to be a bit of lag in the match.

So with the game out for a few weeks now, I'm pretty set on Bowser and Sheik being my mains, they play best for me in this game hands down. Of the new characters, I like Shulk best, but I'm not entirely sure of the best way to use him lol. Haven't really touched online yet though, so much to do besides that... :wacko:

I love using Palutena, but good God the recovery time for her moves is beyond slow. I'm hoping I can play her better with a controller rather than something that's difficult to hold.

Upon playing a bunch of online matches, I realized that a lot of people really like using Little Mac. Probably because he has a lot of attack power. I've tried using him and well yes, he can pull off attack power and combos, he was also very weak when it came to in the air attacks, which I do a lot of.

• Brohoof 1

Mac is a design achievement. Smash has always had the air game as excessively powerful, so making a ground character that is this good is nothing short of amazing.

With that said, Mac can do some nasty offstage kills:

I bought the game yesterday and went through Classic mode a few times. The game plays well, but I always need to remove the circle pad or else it just slips off. I also created a Mii Fighter and made him a fast, powerful brawler. ^_^

These are my personal top 5 favorite characters:

1. Rosalina & Luma

2. Marth

3. Lucina

4. Fox

5. Captain Falcon

Edited by Gernia
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

For all of you guys (including myself) getting Smash Bros for Wii U, which format of the game will you be getting? Physical or Digital? Me personally, digital. I don't have space for physical copies anymore.

Edited by Jonny Music

For all of you guys (including myself) getting Smash Bros for Wii U, which format of the game will you be getting? Physical or Digital? Me personally, digital. I don't have space for physical copies anymore.

I always go physical, especially for big games like Smash

• Brohoof 1

I really like Peach. She's really great in Smash 4. :D

Protip: if you press down + hold jump button as Peach, you can float on the ground without jumping... my mind was blown figuring that out lol, and I checked and yes she has been able to do that since Melee. You learn something new every day I suppose... :wacko: